• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

Stoney007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/6/18
USA
Today twice CF:
Clean Factory no date &
Calcio Fantastico - Congratulazioni all‘ Italia
f5e431cc6a78d15492d8fd80121762aa.jpg

Nice!! I'm waiting on my CF no date to get here.. Looks awesome!

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Thats wierd. Jtimes shown some improved cg and then later a couple of old cg models. Are they mixing up the stocks?

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Kalev007 wow that looks amazing! are you happy with the watch ?

Happy yes CGs could be better its my third CF no date but this one is a franken.

Gen crystal, hands, dial, insert, bracelt links and autowind module. Have gen crown as well but that needs gen tube and work with the case to accept it.

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
So my CF Hulk came in and I'm a bit conflicted. Build quality is generally on par with VSF. If anything the date alignment and rehaut alignment is better. But one thing I'm disappointed in is the fact that the crystal is not as clear as VSF. The green dial is supposed to pop but the watch just isn't clear like my VSFs and Noob Daytonas are. I definitely need some type of crystal upgrade. Not sure if AR coating would help or just get a new crystal completely.

What happened to first using some toothpaste and swirling it around the crystal carefully, but firmly? I know it only gets the top, but 'sometimes" it does the trick.

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
Dude just go for the CF version (v4). Your TD in the screenshot is right. The cf is better and cheaper.

I agree with Glidelock, follow the TD's advice, CF IS the newer/upgraded version. That is what these 53 pages of this post have been pointing to (I know it seems counterintuitive price wise).

guybythelake

13/7/14
Anyone knows what might be the issue the gen crown wont screw fully down on Clean big gap so basically crown stays still in open position when screwed down fully. I know ZZF and others take it as a straight swap.

Watchmaker said the construction is different as the reason and I’ve read a lot but no one seems to have such an issue with the later year models of any factory.

And gen tube probably means messing with the case I assume rethreading and countersinking needed thats what I’ve read.

I see some discussion about this. But it has to do with waterproofing. When all threads make contact and while you thread the crown against the crown tube, then you get the most waterproffing, like with gen. So when there is a little space reserved between the case and crown it insures that the crown is not stopping against the case before it makes the most contact with the threads on the crown tube.

On most of the the reps the crown is flush and this is easier to accomplish when adjusting the stem height. There is more room in the treads for tolerance. Unfortunately if flushed then the crown stops against the case not the threads of the crown tube. Gen makes it so that crown sits very sloghtly high which requires more precision.

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
V4 CF isn’t listed on puretime. Can someone plz link the newest CF sub from any TD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

repreg123

7/8/19
So, the baby oil bath worked perfectly and the bracelet now doesn’t make any noise. And the feeling is very good.

I’m also sharing a few pictures of my watch. The bezel moves perfectly and the rehaut is perfectly aligned. I’m probably servicing the watch soon.

I’m also waiting to receive a VSF Sub so I will also share my thoughts about the differences (in case I find them :)).

Link to pics: https://imgur.com/a/DzLnt8Z

Have u received ur VSF yet?

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Kalev007 did you compare the size/diameter of the CF dial compared to the gen on your franken 114060? And if so, are they the same?

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Kalev007 did you compare the size/diameter of the CF dial compared to the gen on your franken 114060? And if so, are they the same?

Did not had a watch smith to build it as I have no skills nor tools to do it myself.

Others perhaps can chime in.

Its plug and play so probably about the same.

Giellea

Patron
Certified
17/5/18
Italy
Sub 116613 hybrid.

VSF: Case, movement, date, insert, glass.

CLEAN: Bracelet, crown, dial, hands.

Last edited: