• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help with building the BEST franken 116610 with my Noob V9 base!

Watchk

Known Member
Supporter
30/12/20
Hey everyone,

I've been around a couple of years now but I lost access to an old account that was associated to an old email address.

Anyway, I picked up one of the first V9 Noob 116610LN watches (SA3135) upon their release back in 2018.

To be honest, it has stood the test of time pretty well but I want to go full franken on it and have therefore purchased the following GENUINE parts:

- Gen bezel + insert assembly
- Gen dial
- Gen hands
- Gen datewheel
- Gen crystal

I am on the lookout for a VR3135 movement to finish this build unless anyone thinks an alternative movement would be better? Oh, I need a genuine crown and stem if anyone can point me in the right direction?

Plans are to fit an ARF bracelet as from what I can remember, I know the ARF watch was known for having better SELs?

My main concern at this stage really is the amount of new watches that have come on to the market, which now have claims of being better than the V9 noob. (I believe the Noob V9 was supposedly the best in 2018). Is there an alternative base watch that I should consider at this stage of my build that would present with a better gen-like case/lugs etc or considering the extent to which I plan to franken my V9, does it really matter?

Smoke do you fancy offering me some advice bud?

Thanks in advance - I will update this thread as I progress with my build

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
ARF has better bracelets but fit on a noob will be hit or miss. Worst case you can keep the SELs from the noob and replace the links that can be taken out as well as the clasp with those from an ARF bracelet.

The VS3135 seems to be even smoother than the VR, but it's still a rather new movement so it's longevity hasn't been proven yet.

All the best, nice project!

Watchk

Known Member
Supporter
30/12/20

I understand this is a great rep but that’s not the point for me. I love the idea of having genuine parts on my wrist. The more gen parts I build onto it, the closer it becomes. That said, it might be a more feasible option for me to buy the VSF watch to build from as it has a good case shape, SELs and comes with the VS3135 movement.

How long has the VS3135 been out now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watchk

Known Member
Supporter
30/12/20

I understand this is a great rep but that’s not the point for me. I love the idea of having genuine parts on my wrist. The more gen parts I build onto it, the closer it becomes. That said, it might be a more feasible option for me to buy the VSF watch to build from as it has a good case shape, SELs and comes with the VS3135 movement.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

How long has the VS3135 been out now?

I'd start with a VSF buddy, you got the VS3135 movement which looks very genuine like (balance aside), the finish is remarkable. If it fails you service it or replace with another 3135 clone or genuine. You also got the best case with best shaped crown guards. You get a shit rehaut but you don't really see this and that's better than shit crown guards. The VSF bracelet too is very gen like with nice soft edges. ARF bracelet I have here is good too but the edges are sharp though you could rework them. ARF has better SEL's..

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
You’ll like the vr3135, I have a few handfuls from stock to gen parts with similar if not same feel to gen when winding and performance.
Vsf felt a bit too smooth compared to gen, as for finish take a look
Vs,Vr and gen any notable difference disappeared once I put the caseback on.
5778f39dcdf49323eef4618d3d0e61e1.jpg

a762f3f30671d11718a759abb36f2255.jpg

Reactions: Thrasher

Watchk

Known Member
Supporter
30/12/20
I'd start with a VSF buddy, you got the VS3135 movement which looks very genuine like (balance aside), the finish is remarkable. If it fails you service it or replace with another 3135 clone or genuine. You also got the best case with best shaped crown guards. You get a shit rehaut but you don't really see this and that's better than shit crown guards. The VSF bracelet too is very gen like with nice soft edges. ARF bracelet I have here is good too but the edges are sharp though you could rework them. ARF has better SEL's..

How do the VSF crown guards compare to those of the Noob V9? I was under the impression than the V9 was also brilliant in this respect.

I quite like the idea of many different parts coming together for a perfect watch. Perfect to me lol

The reason I kind it want to keep my V9 case is because the rehaut is one of the things I really love on it. The double line rehaut engraving is really brilliant looking but I’m struggling to find the specific year that the Genuine 116610 watch came with the double line rehaut?

Having done a lot of research, I can see myself using the V9 noob which I have already, the VSF bracelet and clasp with the VS3135 Movement. Then the rest will all be Gen (which I’ve already bought) ????

Watchk

Known Member
Supporter
30/12/20
You’ll like the vr3135, I have a few handfuls from stock to gen parts with similar if not same feel to gen when winding and performance.
Vsf felt a bit too smooth compared to gen, as for finish take a look
Vs,Vr and gen any notable difference disappeared once I put the caseback on.
5778f39dcdf49323eef4618d3d0e61e1.jpg

a762f3f30671d11718a759abb36f2255.jpg

Ah man that Gen 3135 looks so good! I do believe that if I go to the stage where my watch is mostly gen, I will want to fit a Gen 3135! Lol

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Need a better view than that. I can already say that VSF has a much more gen like case, crown guards in particular. The VSF case near-as exactly like genuine.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
VSF case has the edge on that one buddy.. and its 904l (if that matters to you) (is Noob 316?)..

Watchk

Known Member
Supporter
30/12/20
VSF case has the edge on that one buddy.. and its 904l (if that matters to you) (is Noob 316?)..

Mine was one of the very first batch V9 Noobs which comes 904L.

I really struggle to see what the differences are between the lugs and crown guards. I’m just not sure. Can you explain it in an idiot-proof way for me?

I actually consider myself to having a good eye for detail but I just can’t see this lol. I can remember the ARF model back in 2018 was very square but I can’t see the difference between the lugs/crown guards on mine and those of the VSF.

Once you point it out, I might not be able to unsee it! Lol

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Sub007 for gen crown and tube, SH3135 or whatever u like. VSF base if you want but I think with all those gen parts u will have a great watch. If its 904L your in great shape..even if 316 its not a big difference. Adrian ado213 in UK for construction. He is very busy but when he can do it you will have the best build

Reactions: Watchk

Watchk

Known Member
Supporter
30/12/20
Sub007 for gen crown and tube, SH3135 or whatever u like. VSF base if you want but I think with all those gen parts u will have a great watch. If its 904L your in great shape..even if 316 its not a big difference. Adrian ado213 in UK for construction. He is very busy but when he can do it you will have the best build

Thanks for the reply mate. I’ve already placed an order for all the gen parts with Sub007 ????

I’m struggling to decide if I really need the VSF case although I definitely want the bracelet so maybe it might be worthwhile going for the whole watch as a donor. At least then, I could make a watch out of my remaining parts lol.

Are the lugs and crown guards really that much better on the VSF than my Noob V9? I can’t tell the difference