• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 116610 - v- Rolex 116610 Picture shoot out!

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Wow great review. Thank you for this.

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
I just pulled the trigger on this model. Hopefully I'll like it better than tc sub lol.
Do you guys think most factories will continue improve making 116610 models or discontinue and focus more on 126610 models??

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
So we went from building frankens spending 1-2 grand to spending less than $450 bucks lol !
Only took 10 years?

Yep.. no need to franken anymore! Here is some more confirmation for anyone in doubt:

Rolex on left, VSF on right in all pics unless otherwise noted.

Green means good. Red means I have spotted a minor difference. Pictures without arrows or circles I can see no differences.

dankahn63

Known Member
22/7/19
Thanks for taking time out and putting together some great comparison reviews. LV and LN incoming soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CycleBuyer

15/7/13
Well, that’s all folks. Game over.

It’s just as well. My AD was getting hopeless with the waiting lists.

Reactions: Stuessi

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Hey I love this rep!
but what really scares me is some of these will end up being used to scam some innocent people out of 10k or more because this can literally pass as gen !
some real douche bags out there!

Sadly, yes. However, it's got me considering selling my gen and bagging the £10k, keep the VSF? I mean just look at them: £10,000 or £400?

..I doubt I'd sell my genuine one though, I bought it new, my name on the card which is special as I bought it on my birthday during the SS drought, cost £6,550 now worth around £10,000 and it'll only keep appreciating so that's worth keeping. .. but so is the VSF? When these go out of production, it should start appreciating.. I know if there was a brand new TC16610 with still stickers on for sale on M2M for example, the price would be nuts.. Soon, just as the 16610 went out of production so too will the reps a few years later, now you can't get a good rep 16610 anymore at all (I know I wouldn't buy that ARF monster). I'll have a spare stickered up VSF :notworthy:

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Well, that’s all folks. Game over.

It’s just as well. My AD was getting hopeless with the waiting lists.

Nail on the head I think. Game Over. I don't need to bother looking any further for a good 116610 replica.

I would like to see a similar comparison with ZF and ZZFV3, hopefully someone with both the genuine and replica will do a similar thread.

Waiting lists sadly do not run in numerical order, buyers are chosen out of favour, you could wait forever.. which is what happened to me, I wanted a Hulk, 'waited' for years and never got one. Andrew at Trustytime time sorted me a VSF LV and it's near as good as..! Just as the above LN is very good.

Last edited:

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
GGWP and RIP for gen sub black dial and hulk. Wanna gen, get at least a half gold sub.

by the way i spotted the bezel scallop shape is a bit different.

Last edited:

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19

top is gen and bottom is vsf? If so, i can see the teeth and scallop differences. No big issue. Vsf looks like arf bezel scallop shape.

Reactions: sfgerl

dabestone

Renowned Member
6/12/14
Nice review! Seeing guys commenting on it's not worth getting a franken makes me drooling on this piece now lol

Tomtank

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
5/9/20
I’m only learning the ropes in this game but the general view of the VSF 116610 on here convinced me to buy one on the spot. It’s here. I’m wearing it. I’m delighted with it. And to see people much more expert than me writing about it in these terms is very reassuring!
I don’t have good enough photos to post but will try for better ones.
The detailed photos in the thread help to show that the differences are so minor that it is hard to spot them except with direct comparison and a lot of magnification. But the feel and look on the wrist are amazing.

I am realising that I quite like the simplicity and wearability of the Sub as a change of look from my favourite Daytona.

Now waiting on delivery of a Noob V2 116519LN - if this one is also as good as the expert opinion on here states then I will be a very happy boy.

thanks everyone

Reactions: focus66 and up2wind

Teenyweeny

29/11/17
Nice photo review
Many will appreciate your time and efforts

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
modernclassic Thank you for the pictures! Could you please take a picture of the two subs in low light? I would like to see the bezel difference. Many thanks

Reactions: Luizin2004

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
I will hold my hands up and say I can no longer tell the difference.

It’s taken 10 years but they’ve done it.

Where is smoke? He must be jumping for joy.