• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Upcoming Datejust 126334 with VS3235 72hrs Power Reserve

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
You can see the rehaut doesn't line up with the minute markers at 9 till 10 o clock. That's the replica.

Last edited:

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Firstly. Thanks for the comparison pics. Things like this really adds value to this thread.

I think the pics are very good actually. They show what a normal human would observ when viewing another mans watch, unlike macro shots that f×cks up every rep in one way or another.

What do you personally think. Are they as hard to separate in real life as in the pics, especially when it comes to dial, sunburst and fluted bezel?

Do you think any other changes than the "25" has been made on the dial since prior CNY?

Without giving it away just yet, I will reveal which is which tomorrow, they really are close in real life and hard to tell apart. I've also got the pre CNY blue baton version and haven't compared that with the new one as been busy today but will do all 3 over the next day or two and see if they've done any other changes.

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
The right dial is so out of focus on all pictures that I can't really tell a difference for sure. The VSF print is not too far way from gen, see comparison below.

ZwbCyJ.jpg

You're right but it may just be some distortion since it is taken at an angle but I'm looking at my gen dial and it looks exactly the same as the 17. Looking forward to OP's answer :popcorn:.

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
Just got a new VSF with the correct 25 dial and here its next to my gen. Which is which?

IMO gen is on left. Dial print looks much sharper. Mind giving us a few more photos? Maybe a side shot? What are your thoughts? Is the rep bezel the same? The one on the right looks like maybe it’s a little flatter? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MolluskMan

Known Member
16/10/20
New York, NY
55 degrees
Use same design as gen Rolex and Lifit was check several times on rep as well with confirmation of 55

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hadn't Rolex recently updated their technical manuals from suggesting 55 to 53? I remember reading that a couple places, but I supposed you'd be more in the know

Buythedip

Supporter
Certified
1/2/21
Here and there, but more there
I had to zoom into every photo, but I would say the gen is on the left.

The text appears to be sharper, and the bezel is slightly thinner. From what I have seen the bezel on the VSF looks slightly fatter when you take the time to look, IMO something that would be completely unnoticeable on the wrist.

That said I wouldn’t want to bet a single penny on it! Great rep

vindies

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/15
EU
What's your braking point? At what point do/would you take your watch in to have it regulated or GL/RL a QC ?

- 1 s/d, +4 s/d, +6s/d, -4s/d, +7s/d + 9 s/d

Last edited:

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
What's your braking point? At what point do/would you take your watch in to have it regulated or GL/RL a QC ?

- 1 s/d, +4 s/d, +6s/d, -4s/d, +7s/d + 9 s/d

Timegrapher readings are not really to measure movement accuracy but to see if the movement is alive, you cant get an accurate reading in under 1 minute. What the timegrapher from your td shows is most of the time far from reality, that being said eta have a variation between - 10/ 10+ s/d and miyota movement up to +20 s/d

Last edited:
Reactions: srhoque

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Just got a new VSF with the correct 25 dial and here its next to my gen. Which is which?

SO HERE IS THE RESULT.

IF YOU SAID GEN WAS ON THE RIGHT, THEN YOU ARE CORRECT. WELL DONE!

Here are some more pics with my other VSF on Oyster, which is the Mk 1 dial with 25 slightly wider, though on the wrist its really not that obvious. Have also taken a side on shot to show bezel. Pictures are crap as that's not how I pay for my watches, so you don't need to tell me how bad they are ;).

Gen is now back in the safe and the rep on Oyster will be going up in the sales section shortly. Hate to say it but I almost prefer the rep on jubilee to the gen, the fluted bezel really pops. Heresy I know! Thanks for playing chums and gen is on the left in all the following.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
the jubilee of VSF is of good quality? I have hairs on my arms I won't get them stuck in it?

Just do a baby oil/WD40 treatment to the bracelet, you should be good. And never take your hands near private parts with watch on wrist. If any of that hair gets caught up, it will not be a pleasant moment.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Just do a baby oil/WD40 treatment to the bracelet, you should be good. And never take your hands near private parts with watch on wrist. If any of that hair gets caught up, it will not be a pleasant moment.

It's called "Swiss Waxing" for a reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: jiro and srhoque

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

Ahaha sounds like you're talking from experience :D