• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 116610 - v- Rolex 116610 Picture shoot out!

MolluskMan

Known Member
16/10/20
New York, NY
Hi guys,

I can see there are some good experts here regarding the VSF 116610s :)

I am in the process of ordering a VSF 116610LV Hulk and had some interrogations about the VS3135 movement...

What is the average accuracy and power reserve of VS3135 ? After QC and After being used for several weeks
I read that there could be some magnetization issues during shipping, do we always have to demagnetize once received?
I also read that some people confirmed the water resistance (30m test advertised by VSF) with usage in fresh/saltwater while moving.. did you perform a silicone regrease on all seals (caseback & crown) and pressure test the watch prior to water contact?

My VS3135 has been running about -8 sec/day pretty consistently for the last couple weeks. I don’t know about full power reserve but I’ve picked it up after about a day and it’s been running fine (can hardly keep it off wrist for more than a day because it’s so gorgeous lol).

As far as water resistance, I’ve spent the past several days swimming quite a bit and vigorously in salt water and pool water, had no issues whatsoever (obviously no leakage but also it hasn’t affected the bezel color or the “platinum” numerals, which look as shiny as ever). Didn’t do any additional work or testing, just decided to risk it and it’s been great.

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Yes. LV is great. Magnetize can happen with any watch that get shipped rep or gen. Not just VSF. Just use it enjoy it. Don’t worry about it. Service if you happen to need it. Nbd. Shower and JO is fine. Still works and keeps accurate time.

0b11afd7e861f04dae3593d4f02c35bc.jpg

You jack off with it on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moonspell

Known Member
20/11/09
Hi guys,

I can see there are some good experts here regarding the VSF 116610s :)

I am in the process of ordering a VSF 116610LV Hulk and had some interrogations about the VS3135 movement...

What is the average accuracy and power reserve of VS3135 ? After QC and After being used for several weeks
I read that there could be some magnetization issues during shipping, do we always have to demagnetize once received?
I also read that some people confirmed the water resistance (30m test advertised by VSF) with usage in fresh/saltwater while moving.. did you perform a silicone regrease on all seals (caseback & crown) and pressure test the watch prior to water contact?

I have LN. I had mine checked for water resistance. The friend who took the test confirmed to me 20Bar pressure test passed. I was told it was a risky test because it could destroy the replica. But it passed the test. So my friend was in disbelief.

Reactions: MolluskMan

MambaMentality60

8/24
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
Thanks for the replies. That is very impressive regarding the insert. Just placed an order as I couldnt wait for the no date any longer lol!

Saixi

Horology Curious
4/2/19
Can someone tell me if the quality of the VS3235 is the same as the VS3135?

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Got my VSF in today.... Or did I. WTF is up with this gap?? Is this normal? I don't see it in the op's pics

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
If you are referring to the gap between the bezel and the case that is perfectly normal, my genuine and every rep sub I have is the same. The bezel is sitting proud because it is resting on 4 springs. Some sit more proud than others, some sit proud on one side some are more flat than others. It's no big deal my genuine watch is the similar, enjoy your VSF.

Last edited:

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
If you are referring to the gap between the bezel and the case that is perfectly normal, my genuine and every rep sub I have is the same. The bezel is sitting proud because it is resting on 4 springs. Some sit more proud than others, some sit proud on one side some are more flat than others. It's no big deal my genuine watch is the similar, enjoy your VSF.

Thanks for the confirmation. I did start searching for images of side views and found what you meantioned. I've never held any submariner, rep or gen, so my knee jerk reaction seeing that gap was obvious. LoL :biggrin:

944black

Known Member
19/4/11
modernclassic Thanks again to you for your amazing review, I ordered one from Andrew at trustytime. Literally got QC pics less than 48 hours from order, and have already GL’d them.

It’s hard to tell if the “R” is corrected, but it looks good and is so small on the wrist, you’ll never see it on the wrist. The “ L E X “ looks pretty good too .
Now I just need to be patient, does anyone know roughly how long it takes to get to the U.K. after approving

Reactions: StreetFighter

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Nice.. happy to have helped you (and others) decide on the right watch. Expect to wait about 3 weeks for shipping -sadly. Once it actually arrives in the UK you'll have it in 48hrs. I take it you are a 944man? I have a 86' Turbo black with black leather and Fuchs in near mint condition and also a 88' Turbo S (silver rose) in white with black leather in concours condition. That's another hobby of mine.

Reactions: LaraA and 944black

944black

Known Member
19/4/11
modernclassic Ha ha, I’m a 911 man myself now, but started with an 83 black 944 long ago, then a white one, numerous 924, including a 924S.

Here are the QC pics (approved last night), and I’ve also included a pic of a Gen root beer GMT with worse misalignment than the VSF !

Thanks for the shipping info, I’ll start to get more excited towards the end of the month ????????

Z9zKeX.jpg

Z9zjm4.jpg

Z9zzPI.jpg

Z9z3Sc.jpg

Z9zhti.jpg

Z9z2Eb.jpg

Z9zLHp.jpg

Z9ze15.jpg

Z9z54F.jpg

Z9zUgt.png

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Looks great. If you are used to genuine watches then you'll enjoy/appreciate it all the more. My gen has the same rehaut issue as yours, this is why the non-aligned rehaut o the VSF means so little to me.

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
Nice.. happy to have helped you (and others) decide on the right watch. Expect to wait about 3 weeks for shipping -sadly. Once it actually arrives in the UK you'll have it in 48hrs. I take it you are a 944man? I have a 86' Turbo black with black leather and Fuchs in near mint condition and also a 88' Turbo S (silver rose) in white with black leather in concours condition. That's another hobby of mine.

I’m a 917 guy........at least in my dreams

Reactions: 944black