• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Batman GMT 116710 BLNR photo review

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks again for the info, this kind of transition is just not acceptable to me specially most of the ARF inserts look ok. It looks like what is presented to me was from the worst 1 percent. And it is just disappointing. But good info... looks like some poor ones are definitely out there.

Fair enough, we all must try to meet our own minimum acceptable standards. I hope you get a better one next QC.

Reactions: guybythelake

jdoc77

Known Member
Certified
8/4/20
My .02

We are entering one of the most intense times for gen rolexes. Demand at an all time high. The batman is a coveted watch. The resale on a gen is just stupid at the moment. If you care about such things, wearing a rep batman may draw a lot of attention. If you are trying to pass it off as gen, or if you simply don’t want to have to have the gen vs rep discussion with an admirer, then you may want to raise your minimum acceptable standards for a watch. I am making no comment for or against reps, nor am I making any comment regarding the ethicalness of trying to pass a rep off as a gen. I’m simply saying that Batmans are not the watch to get and fly under the radar. And as such, I think your fierce review and ultimate frustration with those QCs is not a bad thing, especially in today’s market

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

guybythelake

13/7/14
Wanted to share with you guys my batman ARF. I changed the Crystal to prof Crystal and the datewheel to VSF. Had to sand the datewheel a little to fit the movement. Overall I’m happy with it :D

Looks great! Perfect bezel transition and alignment, and SELs look good too.

Did the crystal make a huge difference? And did it change the magnification?

Markeronee

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Supporter
Certified
17/8/14
Looks great! Perfect bezel transition and alignment, and SELs look good too.

Did the crystal make a huge difference? And did it change the magnification?

To be fair I’m not a pro at this but I do think there were some differences in the cyclops clarity. It looks much clearer to me :)

Datewheel wise definitely you got to change it. I didn’t like the bold fonts that came with it >.<

jdoc77

Known Member
Certified
8/4/20

Wanted to share with you guys my batman ARF. I changed the Crystal to prof Crystal and the datewheel to VSF. Had to sand the datewheel a little to fit the movement. Overall I’m happy with it :D

Looks gorgeous. The dial is one of the most gen like I’ve seen. Transition is perfect at the 8. If you’re getting picky it’s not completely straight but the level of the transition is one of the closest to gen I’ve seen. I couldn’t handle having my GMF transition too low. Once I saw it, I could never unsee it lol. Love the watch, great work

Sent from the RWI App

Markeronee

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Supporter
Certified
17/8/14
Looks gorgeous. The dial is one of the most gen like I’ve seen. Transition is perfect at the 8. If you’re getting picky it’s not completely straight but the level of the transition is one of the closest to gen I’ve seen. I couldn’t handle having my GMF transition too low. Once I saw it, I could never unsee it lol. Love the watch, great work

Sent from the RWI App

Thanks mate! Really loving it too.

I was initially thinking of the GMF datewheel instead. But read that it was too thin which I was fine. Better thin numbers than bold ones.

Any idea if the GMF dw will fit the arf movement perfectly? Might use that for my black GMT mod.

guybythelake

13/7/14
Thanks mate! Really loving it too.

I was initially thinking of the GMF datewheel instead. But read that it was too thin which I was fine. Better thin numbers than bold ones.

Any idea if the GMF dw will fit the arf movement perfectly? Might use that for my black GMT mod.

Just replace the movement with VR rather than just the datewheel. There are many VR movements with decent datewheels. You are already there, when you replace the datewheel. I got one from Ali Express based on a recommendation from a fellow member here. The movement has been great. Reliable, accurate to few secs a day and holds charge for couple days. There are also members selling them here.

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Just replace the movement with VR rather than just the datewheel. There are many VR movements with decent datewheels. You are already there, when you replace the datewheel. I got one from Ali Express based on a recommendation from a fellow member here. The movement has been great. Reliable, accurate to few secs a day and holds charge for couple days. There are also members selling them here.

I’m going to do the same thing.
Just ordered an arf Batman, a vr movement and a Clark crystal.
I hope I will be happy with the Clark crystal, but I don’t know...

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: AlphaProt

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20

Any issues fitting the ARF hands onto the VR Movement?

jdoc77

Known Member
Certified
8/4/20
To 99% of observers, even those who hold it, the biggest things are:
- CHS
- transitions from black to blue
- crystal (that’s more of a “something just isn’t gen” then a specific complaint

Date wheel is secondary to me but if you can fix it, sure

You pretty much have the near perfect rep if you get those 3 to 4 things right. And you, my friend, have done that. I’m jealous. I’d spend and do a similar build, but unfortunately the Batman is just too much of a flashy item for my at this stage in my career. The $ wouldn’t be an issue per se, but it just is too flashy for those who have watch addictions. “Don’t you have med school loans to pay??” Lol

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
..... unfortunately the Batman is just too much of a flashy item for my at this stage in my career. The $ wouldn’t be an issue per se, but it just is too flashy for those who have watch addictions. “Don’t you have med school loans to pay??” Lol

"Not for this one, this one's from China "

that's my answer if anyone has something to say about it

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
To 99% of observers, even those who hold it, the biggest things are:
- CHS
- transitions from black to blue
- crystal (that’s more of a “something just isn’t gen” then a specific complaint

Date wheel is secondary to me but if you can fix it, sure

You pretty much have the near perfect rep if you get those 3 to 4 things right.

Not quite actually. The CG of ARF 116710BLNR is never correct, this is one thing that you can never get it right on the current ARF Batman.

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
Not quite actually. The CG of ARF 116710BLNR is never correct, this is one thing that you can never get it right on the current ARF Batman.

I think is different level of detail for different individual. we all have our area of concern/acceptance level.
My eyes always draw to the area below when I look at a watch, so it matters more for me than others. I never good to differentiate the CG, I’m glad for that, less a concern and more pleasure I have with my reps haha

- Dial (round hour markers)
- Bezel insert (font/transition point/color)
- DW (position/font size)
- Crystal (alignment/AR)

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
I did not.... it was a direct swap... but some people here say they had minor issues.

My guy say the second hand pinion from ARF was a little too tight for a VR3135. He need to bloat the collar a little to fit.
but that only happens to one of the two identical model that was going through same mod.
Manufacturing tolerance I guess

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
23b779201de9c09c078ff0de4c2433d2.jpg

8eae0cbda22029f6fe4c09c02cfcf4f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Has ARF improved their dial markers to round cornered? They look like it in the Batman pics lately.