• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF Pepsi GMT Max

lo1800

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/21
italy
i'll receive a gmt master pepsi....i'll check the insert and see if it is really good as posted in this so useful 3d...

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I doubt the rep blue on the hairsprings is anything but cheap coloring of some kind anyway - some of it comes off or sometimes it turns purplish or crimson when I dip a balance in One Dip.

Nothing like the alloys in a real Rolex Parachrome Bleu

https://www.signaturewatches.com/blogs/signature-magazine/what-is-rolex-s-parachrom-bleu-hairspring

I guess it is nothing like the real parachrome too considering the price of it which is impossible for using parachrome.
BTW, which is the regulator arm? The single dotted or the double dotted?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I guess it is nothing like the real parachrome too considering the price of it which is impossible for using parachrome.
BTW, which is the regulator arm? The single dotted or the double dotted?

The double dotted is the regulator arm. Moving the two arms closer together will slow s/d, further apart for faster. The other arm holds the hairspring anchor (the stud), and can be moved to adjust beat error.

Z7gtib.jpg

Reactions: GottaHave

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
thanks, what about Batman? Are all VRF SA3285 based on VR3185? Or just specially for VRF Pepsi Max?

https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master...steel-vrf-1-1-best-edition-sa3285-chs-v2.html

For 6 digit models:

Almost all new rep GMTs from VRF ROF V9F and Noob BLNR /LNs use the VR3185 now.

ARF - SH3186
Noob BLRO, many BP, DJF, and older V2 GMF CHS - 2824 timebomb
New GMF - proprietary true clone SA3285

A very few BP, one VRF, a rare GMF can still be found with 2836 ICHS

Reactions: Neo_7

greenwrist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/19
How does the color compare to real life? I can take a picture of my Pepsi and it looks spot on, but in real life the red is more pinkish.

kevBquick

9/10/18
So this is the ROF replacement to my VRF insert that cracked. There are no new colors. It’s the same exact.
I put the GMF v1 on top. I have included natural day light and then indoor lighting. I see some burple and reddish pink tones. Honestly I really like this.

why ROF. Well VRF wouldn’t get back to the TD after months. So I said ROF. They came through. So their inserts are dead on the same. No transition lines. Solid stuff.

kevBquick

9/10/18
Sorry it’s not letting me post all the pics. I will go slower with the uploads. there is a GMFv1 uploaded on top....i didn't finish taking the posca paint off it yet so forgive me.
ZEr7US.jpg
ZErsXP.jpg
ZEruxW.jpg
ZErMqJ.jpg
ZErEQQ.jpg
ZErNfL.jpg
ZErfhR.jpg
ZErFn8.jpg
ZErGuK.jpg

with them natural light and indoor artificial light.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020