• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hulk Battle - ZF vs ZZF vs VSF

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
I wouldn't have a clue which is Gen; I don't get the crown guard thing. When people post (supposedly) explanatory pictures with angled red lines drawn all over them, purportedly showing where the crown guards should be cut, I just sit there confused thinking they all look the same.

Re which is Gen, the bottom picture looks much nicer - but I suspect the lighting is just better and that Gen is top. Did I win the watch?

Well I can infect you with the CG virus. This is ZZF vs. Gen. Just look how fat the CGs are. Look on the Bezel. On the Left where the 10 is you don’t see the case anymore. That’s Gen.
01ada4a4ea073f36c8b0ac3d1b41a703.jpg

On the right where 20 you can still see the case underneath the bezel and in general just from the shape you can see how fat the CGs are.

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
That's a pretty massive difference to be fair (in a side by side, macro) - I still doubt I'd notice it on the wrist/in the wild. Thanks for the pic though, that's very helpful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rel and Jayalvin777

Neil McCauley

Supporter
Certified
19/10/20
Germany
I’m about to get one. I’m between ZZF V3 and VSF.
The only thing that bothers me abou the VSF,is that awful rehaut engraving. Also the DW font looks too thick compared to the ZZF. What’s your thought?

The rehaut for me is a small flaw can only spotted by a person who looks in 15cm distance. I think the other eliminated flaws on the VSF are much more important ( in my opinion). If we talk about LN ( Black Sub ) than I would go with ZZF or VSF depends on what is available. black is much easier to replicate than Green because the Hulk (LV) is more heavy to create a gen like Rep. To change a DW when its too fat is much easier than buying all the other parts like dial or bezel hands and so on.

For OOTB the VSF makes a great step this year with the LV ( my opinion).

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
That's a pretty massive difference to be fair (in a side by side, macro) - I still doubt I'd notice it on the wrist/in the wild. Thanks for the pic though, that's very helpful.

A massive difference? Wow. You have way better eyes than me.

Reactions: Deeboo

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
From far away nobody can check the hands or rehaut exactly but crystal height and centered numbers with BH effect Xtal is what many people spot when they are in front of you. Dial Colour also close from distance. Good Job VSF :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

No ones going to check anyway, that’s rep paranoia brought on by you knowing the differences, no one gives a crap. You’re lucky if someone’s says nice watch from a far, or if anyone you know even notices you have a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Deeboo

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Well I can infect you with the CG virus. This is ZZF vs. Gen. Just look how fat the CGs are. Look on the Bezel. On the Left where the 10 is you don’t see the case anymore. That’s Gen.
01ada4a4ea073f36c8b0ac3d1b41a703.jpg

On the right where 20 you can still see the case underneath the bezel and in general just from the shape you can see how fat the CGs are.

Is the zzf case longer (lug to lug) too?

It’s funny I see this CG flaw when it was pointed out a while back. when I’ve had both watches too but still prefered the ZZF to look at. My eyes are drawn to the dial, hands, dw and they were prettier to look at

Last edited:

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
No ones going to check anyway, that’s rep paranoia brought on by you knowing the differences, no one gives a crap. You’re lucky if someone’s says nice watch from a far, or if anyone you know even notices you have a new one.

i have watches and I have shoes. Do you know what people notice? It’s not the watches!

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Is the zzf case longer (lug to lug) too?

It’s funny I see this CG flaw when it was pointed out a while back. when I’ve had both watches too but still prefered the ZZF to look at. My eyes are drawn to the dial, hands, dw and they were prettier to look at

I agree it’s a bit to hard to see on its own but now I have a better eye for fat cases.

I did not measure the length.

But I also agree the ZZF has a much better dial compared to GEN. It is much smoother in sunburst, darker like GEN and turns dark much earlier than VSF.

You can’t see it on its own but once ZZF, VSF and GEN are near the VSF dial shines like a bubbly unicorn compared to the others.

If VSF improves dial, hands, fliplock side of the clasp brushing and rehaut in V2 it will be amazing

I vote for the VSF exterior and ZZF interior :)

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I agree it’s a bit to hard to see on its own but now I have a better eye for fat cases.

But I also agree the ZZF has a much better dial compared to GEN. It is much smoother in sunburst, darker like GEN and turns dark much earlier than VSF.

You can’t see it on its own but once ZZF, VSF and GEN are near the VSF dial shines like a bubbly unicorn compared to the others.

If VSF improves dial, hands, fliplock side of the clasp brushing and rehaut in V2 it will be amazing

I’d agree with this. Those Vsf hands are horrible, people keep mentioning updated hour hand. The latest I saw was flat! At least the fatter ones had curvature

Reactions: Kalev007

stufuse

22/10/17
UK

I’d agree with this. Those Vsf hands are horrible, people keep mentioning updated hour hand. The latest I saw was flat! At least the fatter ones had curvature

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18

Yes look at this. The ZZF have a much better polish and 3D effect. Same lightning.
33a07cc5d026140a927e7e01e521ce17.jpg

Reactions: stufuse