• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hulk Battle - ZF vs ZZF vs VSF

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I wouldn't have a clue which is Gen; I don't get the crown guard thing. When people post (supposedly) explanatory pictures with angled red lines drawn all over them, purportedly showing where the crown guards should be cut, I just sit there confused thinking they all look the same.

Re which is Gen, the bottom picture looks much nicer - but I suspect the lighting is just better and that Gen is top. Did I win the watch?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I wouldn't have a clue which is Gen; I don't get the crown guard thing. When people post (supposedly) explanatory pictures with angled red lines drawn all over them, purportedly showing where the crown guards should be cut, I just sit there confused thinking they all look the same.

Re which is Gen, the bottom picture looks much nicer - but I suspect the lighting is just better and that Gen is top. Did I win the watch?

Don't worry - you are perfectly normal - it just means you have no issues with your social status, penis size or monetary worth. This is why you can't see microscopic differences between fake Rolex watch cases.

You have what is known as 'Appreciating watches for what they are regardless of monetary outlay' syndrome.

It's a perfectly harmless illness and poses no threat to your mental or physical health.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
After carefully considering all of the images, I can conclude with confidence that it doesn’t really matter. I’ve bought 2 subs in the last 32 months - and both of them were bought this month. Its safe to conclude it will be at least as long again until I buy another one.

Reactions: stufuse and mari115

Substar

16/9/20
Don't worry - you are perfectly normal - it just means you have no issues with your social status, penis size or monetary worth. This is why you can't see microscopic differences between fake Rolex watch cases.

You have what is known as 'Appreciating watches for what they are regardless of monetary outlay' syndrome.

It's a perfectly harmless illness and poses no threat to your mental or physical health.

Well put! It doesn’t bother me either but a lot of nonsense is talked about these silly elements of a watch! They should be enjoyed for what they are.
I don’t care about social status and I know I have a small penis but I retired seven years ag at forty five so I don’t need to make a point to be honest nor do I drive around in a fancy car or actually wear a watch most of the time and when I do it’s an IWC 3706 as I’m more likely to keep it on my wrist in cities, especially London where I keep a flat.
I buy reps but always sell them within a few days. I enjoy the engineering aspect of adding to them as that was my background and that’s it but I do pay attention to certain details I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dabestone

Renowned Member
6/12/14

CG, casing, hands, rehault... They all look the same to me lol. I don't get any of them. And yet I'm spending a lot of my time reading in the rollie section appreciating and confuse how many members here can spot the smallest details.

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU

Bingo. The phenomena that certain people’s appreciation and enjoyment of their watch needs to be predicated on denigrating the opinion of anybody who dares to buy and appreciate an alternative.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
The sel is hit and miss on these zf subs.some look flush and some recessed has anyone tried the vsf or zzf bracelet on the zf to fix the sel

Last edited:

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
The sel is hit and miss on these zf subs.some look flush and some recessed has anyone tried the vsf or zzf bracelet on the zf to fix the sel

Haven't Seen anyone doing it yet but the thing is with some of the issues that have surface from the zf there are less people buying it. I'm also curious to see if it fix the issues or if the bracelet fits properly.

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
My VSF hulk arrived yesterday and I couldn't be happier. Just out of the box the general quality was good.

Removing a link wasn't a pain in the ass (like the old noobs which drew blood so many times when my screw driver slipped), the watch was milled correctly so I didn't have uneven lugs (happened to one of my JF 5 digit sub). And the bracelet fit the watch just fine with good sel recess (unlike the Noob Daytona which is a hit of miss) or just generally keep rejecting QC from our TD because this and that wasn't right.

I guess what I want to say is its the first rep watch I bought where I didn't have buyer's remorse.

Let's hope VSF keeps up the good quality work.

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
VSF bezel action feels just like my 2yr old genuine watch. Noting it is not as tight as a new Rolex, but exact same feel as one with a little use, that's good enough for me.

Neil McCauley

Supporter
Certified
19/10/20
Germany
VSF does a big jump forward in Rolex Reps. The bezel „12“ with Lume Dot is what scares me on most reps out there because it’s never nearly centered. VSF is Centered in numbers of Bezel and has best Crystal on Photos with good Blackhole effect. From far away nobody can check the hands or rehaut exactly but crystal height and centered numbers with BH effect Xtal is what many people spot when they are in front of you. Dial Colour also close from distance. Good Job VSF :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Jabbss

Exploidz

Horology Curious
5/12/19
VSF does a big jump forward in Rolex Reps. The bezel „12“ with Lume Dot is what scares me on most reps out there because it’s never nearly centered. VSF is Centered in numbers of Bezel and has best Crystal on Photos with good Blackhole effect. From far away nobody can check the hands or rehaut exactly but crystal height and centered numbers with BH effect Xtal is what many people spot when they are in front of you. Dial Colour also close from distance. Good Job VSF :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I’m about to get one. I’m between ZZF V3 and VSF.
The only thing that bothers me abou the VSF,is that awful rehaut engraving. Also the DW font looks too thick compared to the ZZF. What’s your thought?