• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OP 114300 white QC question

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Hi all! Just received the QC pics for my oyster perpetual 114300 in white dial.

My question is, does the lower right lug-to-sel look like a larger gap to the rest of the lugs points?

other then this the watch seems fine

should I except it with the gap spacing or request another

thanks!

Reactions: vcappp

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
That’ll be fine mate, incomprehensible IRL but it is noticeable here only because of the very bright back lighting and reflections and shadows.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
I am not seeing any SEL-gap-issue,this watch is green-light imo.

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Thanks for the info guys!! I've actually noticed a bigger problem, the hands are indeed short on this example.

have a look,

GEN

REP

I've declined and asked for another

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16

I actually went with the UBF for this one simply because the SH movement. Now if AR used VR movements my decision may have changed some, well the markers on ARF arent cut like gen although the UBF did a very nice job with IMO

cheers!

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I'm so desperate for a good version of this watch! Please keep us updated OP with how the watch is when you get it.

Personally the 'hands issue' is not a concern to me, but the pure white colour of the dial and lume is really important to me. QC makes it look way too yellow, but that could easily be the lighting - so please, please, please send natural light pics when your receive yours so we can see if it's white enough!

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
That looks good regardless.

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
I'm so desperate for a good version of this watch! Please keep us updated OP with how the watch is when you get it.

Personally the 'hands issue' is not a concern to me, but the pure white colour of the dial and lume is really important to me. QC makes it look way too yellow, but that could easily be the lighting - so please, please, please send natural light pics when your receive yours so we can see if it's white enough!

Will do man!

yea the hands needs to be correct length for me because if 2 reasons,

1) I don't want to replace these as these are the newer (thicker) ones as per Gen

2) length needs to be correct if I need to relume them to match the lume color of the dial markers (if need be)

GingerBubba

24/10/17
I can't see a difference between the refused QC and the accepted one! Anyway, I'm looking forward to natural light pics (and a mini review) too.

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
I can't see a difference between the refused QC and the accepted one! Anyway, I'm looking forward to natural light pics (and a mini review) too.

Yea man the issue was (short hands) I can't live with the watch hands being short!

have a closer look (first pic) rejected short hands

2nd pic (longer gen like hands)

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16

You it man I'll get several different lighting situations in with the watch when received.

GingerBubba

24/10/17
Yea man the issue was (short hands) I can't live with the watch hands being short!

have a closer look (first pic) rejected short hands]
2nd pic (longer gen like hands)

Ah, okay, a slight difference, thanks.

Those tiny differences go straight over my head though - I think I'm genuinely lucky not to see/care about smaller flaws!