• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Today we tested all the popular SUBs for 904L steel

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Li wrote me back. They did a test of their own on the bracelet and clasp of a new batch of V3. Both results was 904l. He sent me pics. Nothing on the case.

again I don’t really care that much, and I did but an order in for a V3 hulk and a vsf hulk.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Li wrote me back. They did a test of their own on the bracelet and clasp of a new batch of V3. Both results was 904l. He sent me pics. Nothing on the case.

again I don’t really care that much, and I did but an order in for a V3 hulk and a vsf hulk.

mind sharing the pics?

AJ82

Known Member
19/3/17
Europe

Looking forward to a comparison of the two Hulks :D

Reactions: 2841

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand

This actually confirms that they were well aware that what they were selling wasn't 904l. Because they clearly have access to testing equipment and instead of testing any current model because they know it will fail they test an unreleased bracelet only which they have probably scrambled to change. Not yhe end of the world but still underhanded

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
This actually confirms that they were well aware that what they were selling wasn't 904l. Because they clearly have access to testing equipment and instead of testing any current model because they know it will fail they test an unreleased bracelet only which they have probably scrambled to change. Not yhe end of the world but still underhanded

Actually....it doesn’t confirm anything besides the fact that Angus tested a V2s, not a V3.

1) Li prefers not to get involved with this factory marketing battle.
2) Li just received the first batch of V3’s a few hours ago (he gets them before anyone else). After he saw that their old V2s stock tested as 316L, he did some due diligence to make sure that ZZF’s supplier was being truthful about selling ZZF 904L bracelets on the V3...
3) Before this they simply took the supplier’s word on the steel actually being 904L - never had reason to expect otherwise.

I think it’s great Angus tested the V2s and we all found out what we did. Now it’s leading to more tests to ensure QC! Since the tests/review he’s doing is supposed to be for all new subs, I guess he’ll test the V3 again once he gets one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkness5.0

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/20
On my latest batch of the ZZF V2S received yesterday the bracelet it’s definitely not 904 and feels flimsy/cheap against my ARF V3 .... can’t comment on the case since visually they look the same but I will say ZZF Hulk Dial and Bezel is on point ! I’m thinking they are well aware that 316 was used but had to Advertise them as 904 to catch the eye of buyers and obviously overcharged us lol

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
On my latest batch of the ZZF V2S received yesterday the bracelet it’s definitely not 904 and feels flimsy/cheap against my ARF V3 .... can’t comment on the case since visually they look the same but I will say ZZF Hulk Dial and Bezel is on point ! I’m thinking they are well aware that 316 was used but had to Advertise them as 904 to catch the eye of buyers and obviously overcharged us lol

So let me get this straight.... you now claim to feel the difference between 316 and 904 steel? Please.... just stop

Darkness5.0

7/8/20
So let me get this straight.... you now claim to feel the difference between 316 and 904 steel? Please.... just stop

Lol definitely NOT but I will claim I feel a pretty good difference in the bracelet quality without a doubt , you can call that whatever you want it’s definitely noticeable in hand ..To me makes no difference if it’s 316 or 904 in the end it’s a REP and other than that a Very Good one :)

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Lol definitely NOT but I will claim I feel a pretty good difference in the bracelet quality without a doubt , you can call that whatever you want it’s definitely noticeable in hand ..To me makes no difference if it’s 316 or 904 in the end it’s a REP and other than that a Very Good one :)

There is definitely a difference between feel of the difference factories, noob is shit, ARF is the shit :)

but let’s for god sake put this 316 vs 904 nonsense to the grave. It’s not important, there is no visible difference, OR FEEL :)

904l is mostly a marketing scam from Rolex, and good for them, it works. But just remember other producers of high end watches uses 316, for example Patek, and those watches are in a different league. You don’t hear anyone with a Patek going, “well it’s a nice watch, but I wish is was 904L” :)

Darkness5.0

7/8/20
There is definitely a difference between feel of the difference factories, noob is shit, ARF is the shit :)

but let’s for god sake put this 316 vs 904 nonsense to the grave. It’s not important, there is no visible difference, OR FEEL :)

904l is mostly a marketing scam from Rolex, and good for them, it works. But just remember other producers of high end watches uses 316, for example Patek, and those watches are in a different league. You don’t hear anyone with a Patek going, “well it’s a nice watch, but I wish is was 904L” :)

I agree 100% with you ... the all 904 vs 316 is irrelevant especially for what most of us do with these watches . I think the problem was misleading advertisement and extra $ for something that was obviously not delivered other than that ZZF is an amazing Rep . My opinion was definitely based of comparison feeling of the bracelet of the ARF and nothing more lol , but maybe I should try what the other member suggested and start licking the case and report back ... stand by lmao