No announcement yet.

VSF VS3135 Submariner Comparison Against the Gen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit of photo spam but my vsf LN it's finally back. Went Gen hands, gen dw and xtal. I'm also attaching some photos of the stock vsf parts that I changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayalvin777 View Post
      A bit of photo spam but my vsf LN it's finally back. Went Gen hands, gen dw and xtal. I'm also attaching some photos of the stock vsf parts that I changed.
      Mine is out to my watchsmith to do exactly the same job! It feels like I did the rght thing seeing your pics! Wonderful

Comment

Originally posted by clockwork View Post

Mine is out to my watchsmith to do exactly the same job! It feels like I did the rght thing seeing your pics! Wonderful
        Worth the upgrades.

Comment

Gen hands make a big difference. I do it to all my subs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Any word on when VSF is releasing the no date sub (114060)? Love the sub but the cyclops ruins it for me. Really really hope VSF works their magic on the no date.
            Last edited by JonathanLing91; 24-11-20, 16:42.

Comment

My VSF Hulk in the dark with only little light.

Originally posted by smoke
              Just like me who believes the covid hoaxs is the biggest power grab in the history of the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayalvin777 View Post
                couple of questions :
                What are your thoughts on the crystal upgrade? Where do you see the benefit? How much did you pay for the gen parts?
                Which what maker did you use for the work?

Comment

Nice work jayalvin777. I tried changing the DW on my JF16610 and broke it. Some things are best left to watchsmiths!
                  WTD: 116610LV Hulk genuine dial - PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by tjdilla View Post

couple of questions :
                    What are your thoughts on the crystal upgrade? Where do you see the benefit? How much did you pay for the gen parts?
                    Im attaching a small collage I did with the before and after of the upgrades so you can see it yourself. Sometimes it's really hard to explain the differences lol but the upgrades really chance the watch imo. (first photo collage is Gen, second is vsf stock forgot to write it down.)

As for the crystal, Vsf has probably the nicest crystal in the rep market atm. With gen you get a nicer black hole and I don't know the exact or correct word in english but the contour/edge of the cyclops is nicer and somehow looks sharper, dunno exactly how to explain it lol. The total cost including Gen parts, watch/shipping was 1k.

The parts were source and installed by the wizard Interaktiv. Im having some problems with the browser so I cant tag him but you can find him on the watchmakers/moddders section. The whole service experiences was amazing and really transparent. His reputation precedes him. He can legit source almost any Gen part you can think of. Hope it help!

Last edited by Jayalvin777; 24-11-20, 21:57.

Comment

Can someone chime in on what factory this is?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Divers,Chronos and Coffee

Comment

Originally posted by macarone View Post

Thanks

Assuming it is in fact a rep, going to very roughly guess ARF or VSF judging by the rehault number (what I can barely make out). Leaning towards ARF, since it seems like the rehault is misaligned.
                        Last edited by Roguetheory; 24-11-20, 22:21.

Comment

Originally posted by macarone View Post

Thanks
                          Could be a gen, at least crystal and hands look great. But then again, not so much to see, i.e. rehaut, CGs.

Comment

Show me the cg’s side, I’ll have a guess.
                            WTD: 116610LV Hulk genuine dial - PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Roguetheory View Post

Assuming it is in fact a rep, going to very roughly guess ARF or VSF judging by the rehault number (what I can barely make out). Leaning towards ARF, since it seems like the rehault is misaligned.
                              Never see ARF hulk with the long f dial.

Comment

Originally posted by tjdilla View Post

couple of questions :
                                There still isn't a rep crystal that compares to gen. Its getting better, but not there.

You see the benefits everytime you look down

A gen blistered crystal will run you roughly 500 USD. And i do my own work
                                FOR SALE:

Waterproof tester: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...f-tester-6-atm

Comment

Working...
                                X