• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

One Day Late - ZF 116610 LV & LN

Stac350

Horology Curious
2/4/22
it is unfortunately very exhausting to read hundreds of pages and the community does not make it easy - sorry to write this.
it feels like every decision is bad. Whether it's ZF, ARF, Noob and even VSF is often talked bad...

Nevertheless, I was able to gather a lot of information here and today I ordered my first 116610ln ZF. :)))

Happy to share pictures as soon, as I get QC and later holding it in my hands

Reactions: A4rings

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
it is unfortunately very exhausting to read hundreds of pages and the community does not make it easy - sorry to write this.
it feels like every decision is bad. Whether it's ZF, ARF, Noob and even VSF is often talked bad...

Nevertheless, I was able to gather a lot of information here and today I ordered my first 116610ln ZF. :)))

Happy to share pictures as soon, as I get QC and later holding it in my hands

Per today's standard it is pretty rare for someone to get the 116LN by ZF in view of the popularity of CF and VSF Subs. Anyhow Goodluck and welcome to the Sub world

Stac350

Horology Curious
2/4/22
Per today's standard it is pretty rare for someone to get the 116LN by ZF in view of the popularity of CF and VSF Subs. Anyhow Goodluck and welcome to the Sub world

Thank you bertieng :)

Indeed it is really not easy to make a decision on which Factory. I compared a lot and yes, they are all pretty much the same for a beginner.
So I decided to choose one that has a very good quality over all and where the price and availability fit.

CF is around 450 USD
ARF is over 450 USD
VSF is over 500 USD
+ shipment of a good 60 USD
= ending up between 500 to 600 USD

ZF therefore was up to 200 USD cheaper - hope it still is a good choice :)

Stac350

Horology Curious
2/4/22
Guys, as already announced some days ago - here are my received QC-Pictures to be shared with you :)

jJL1OL.jpg
jJL9dR.jpg
jJLOuS.jpg
jJLyjQ.jpg
jJLnJ8.jpg
jJL8aK.jpg
jJLrlv.jpg

Last edited:

Theodizee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/12/20
I own a ZF Hulk ordered in Summer 2021. As already discussed in this thread there is a mismatch of the lume color between dial and hands. What rep hands match the ZF Hulk V1 dial the best? I need to get it serviced soon so I thought why not get better hands at the same time. Does anyone has done this and could share a picture of the modification?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I own a ZF Hulk ordered in Summer 2021. As already discussed in this thread there is a mismatch of the lume color between dial and hands. What rep hands match the ZF Hulk V1 dial the best? I need to get it serviced soon so I thought why not get better hands at the same time. Does anyone has done this and could share a picture of the modification?

You can see the same problem with their LN in the pics above.

Theodizee

27/12/20
I'm well aware of this, thank you. I just wondered if lets say Clean / VSF or other hands will match the lume color of the dial better than the ZF hands. So I can replace mine with matching hands.

Reactions: mmax

mmax

Known Member
Certified
16/7/22
Germany
I'm well aware of this, thank you. I just wondered if lets say Clean / VSF or other hands will match the lume color of the dial better than the ZF hands. So I can replace mine with matching hands.
I‘m having the same question for my ZF. Besides gen hands, CF or VSF hands could mean a pretty good upgrade too. Has anyone gone down this path?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I‘m having the same question for my ZF. Besides gen hands, CF or VSF hands could mean a pretty good upgrade too. Has anyone gone down this path?
The key issue with ZF Sub is finding the hands with the match lume (white) to their dial markers.
Some members mentioned the gen hands do a good job. If CF or VSF will work too, it would be a good option if putting the cost into consideration.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
The key issue with ZF Sub is finding the hands with the match lume (white) to their dial markers.
Some members mentioned the gen hands do a good job. If CF or VSF will work too, it would be a good option if putting the cost into consideration.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

Theodizee

27/12/20
yes exactly. I don't want to spend 300€+ on a set of Gen hands. But if another Rep factory has better hands or a closer matching lume color it would be great. Rep hands sell usually for around 50€ or so. So lume color aside: does VSF or Clean have the better overall hands? If the lume is off why not get at least better hands with a slightly wrong lume color

mmax

Known Member
Certified
16/7/22
Germany
yes exactly. I don't want to spend 300€+ on a set of Gen hands. But if another Rep factory has better hands or a closer matching lume color it would be great. Rep hands sell usually for around 50€ or so. So lume color aside: does VSF or Clean have the better overall hands? If the lume is off why not get at least better hands with a slightly wrong lume color
I have a VSF set on the way to give it a try…:unsure:

Reactions: Theodizee

mmax

Known Member
Certified
16/7/22
Germany
3eIUdn.jpg

The VSF set placed on top of the crystal for comparison…
3eI5IE.jpg

… and installed underneath. I’m very happy with the result.

Last edited:
Reactions: Theodizee

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
I tried to mod a zf 116610 ln

Turns out their tap size for the tube is not gen spec: the gen-spec tube is smaller than the diameter of the tube hole. Therefore, gen-spec triplock tubes could never be installed into the zf 116610bln (unless the tube hole is laser welded and redrilled/ retapped).

The stock zf 116610 ln tube isn't triplock either.

Although this is not a very visible tell-sign, I would prefer if rep factories could go for the extra mile and install triplock tubes. Aftermarket gen-spec triplock tubes aren't outrageously expensive, and its functionality is faithful to the gen.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

The VSF set placed on top of the crystal for comparison…

… and installed underneath. I’m very happy with the result.

From which TD did you purchase the VSF handset?
The Mercedes sign looks a bit on the thicker side though

mmax

Known Member
Certified
16/7/22
Germany
The stock zf 116610 ln tube isn't triplock either.

Although this is not a very visible tell-sign, I would prefer if rep factories could go for the extra mile and install triplock tubes. Aftermarket gen-spec triplock tubes aren't outrageously expensive, and its functionality is faithful to the gen.
Thank you for finding out. Do you know if CF or VSF do the same?

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Thank you for finding out. Do you know if CF or VSF do the same?
I am not sure for cf or vsf 116610, unfortunately. But I found that the stock vsf datejust 41 tube doesn't fit gen-spec crown.

As for arf, arf doesn't use triplock tube either, but at least their arf 704 crown can fit gen-spec tube perfectly. Not all rep 704 crowns are the same: e.g., bp / gmf 704 crown cannot fit gen-spec tube properly.