• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Let’s play a game. List your “most genlike dial” of the four available options, 1 being the best.

My list is:

1. White ARF V2
2. Black NOOB V4
3. Black ARF V2
4. White NOOB V4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zenth

popi2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
12/10/20
Let’s play a game. List your “most genlike dial” of the four available options, 1 being the best.

My list is:

1. White ARF V2
2. Black NOOB V4
3. Black ARF V2
4. White NOOB V4

First is 116520 arf v2 black!

Reactions: Luvwatch

popi2020

Banned
12/10/20
There were actually three different Black Dial versions that Noob called V3.

- The first was a step backward to the really thick V1-V2 Sub-dials. There weren't very many of these.
- The second was like the one that we named V2.2, which was better, but still the Sub-dials were a little too thick.
-With the third version, the Sub-dials were finally very close to Gen thickness.

The Black Dial V4 has the same Dial as the correct thin Sub-dial V3. The only other differences would be the Bezel engraving which is very slightly thicker and is said to have better paint. The pinions on the hands are also said to be better quality. Both of these small details are very hard to see in QC pictures.

If I had to guess, based on the TD and what little I can see, I would say that it's a V4.
Other Members who have been getting Black Dial 116500s from this TD have been very happy.

and number in subdials are more thin in v4 than v3?

Reactions: Mathisbou155

gindiesel

12/10/20
Canada
All it takes for a dial to look different is to use different White Balance on the camera. Same dial can look five different colours in five shots. Unless the two dials are shot with the same camera, same lighting, same white balance... comparing two pics is almost pointless.

Reactions: Luvwatch

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19

My list is:

1. White ARF V2
2. Black NOOB V4
3. Black ARF V2
4. White NOOB V4

Last place white noob dial white is a joke and putting black both arf and noob dials in front of white noob dial...
first thing,because you have different qc of 5 line text while on black dials all subdials are incorect color and have different shine than gen on both noob and arf.. on white noob dial subdials and text on subdials are very very good and cant tell difference on wrist... 5 line text we dont know if there is a different on naked eye in real life if you compare it with gen with bolder text(have proofs that gens exist with bolder text and very simmilar to noob) while on both black noob and arf subdials are incorect on naked eye

Reactions: racingeagle

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Last place white noob dial white is a joke and putting black both arf and noob dials in front of white noob dial...
first thing,because you have different qc of 5 line text while on black dials all subdials are incorect color and have different shine than gen on both noob and arf.. on white noob dial subdials and text on subdials are very very good and cant tell difference on wrist... 5 line text we dont know if there is a different on naked eye in real life if you compare it with gen with bolder text(have proofs that gens exist with bolder text and very simmilar to noob) while on both black noob and arf subdials are incorect on naked eye

Comparing the Black ARF and Noob, I’d go for noob as the subdials color is closer to gen. Even considering the ARF has a sharper number print and texts.

For the white dials, it’s a no brainer. ARF kicks the sh** out of Noob. Even if the white tone is a bit milk color and not as white.

Between the black noob and the ARF white. Which is more gen like?

Tough one. Both are very ver good.

Reactions: freediver

tonydel11

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/20
Most of this post has been about the white and black dials. I have just ordered a “whatever is latest” Version of a Daytona 116519 SS black sub dials. Anyone know about any of these other dials? I think the Noob looks nice, don’t see a significant difference in the ARF, does anyone else have any idea on all this stuff that’s been discussed regarding a Grey dial with black subdials, oyster flex band...so I’m jot worried about SELs or anything else bracelet related. Please advise? I’ll reserve my personal judgement till I see QC pics and then of course when I receiver and see it 1st hand.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

tonydel11

28/9/20
Most of this post has been about the white and black dials. I have just ordered a “whatever is latest” Version of a Daytona 116519 SS black sub dials. Anyone know about any of these other dials? I think the Noob looks nice, don’t see a significant difference in the ARF, does anyone else have any idea on all this stuff that’s been discussed regarding a Grey dial with black subdials, oyster flex band...so I’m jot worried about SELs or anything else bracelet related. Please advise? I’ll reserve my personal judgement till I see QC pics and then of course when I receiver and see it 1st hand.

tonydel11

28/9/20
Always appreciate your knowledge and great pics bro. It might be time to finally grab one of these black dial 116500's.

Sent from the RWI App

Bobi01

2/2/19
For the white dials, it’s a no brainer. ARF kicks the sh** out of Noob. Even if the white tone is a bit milk color and not as white.

Really no brainer? Why?
If you look at this picture comparison it is no brainer that arf is different from gen

Bobi01

2/2/19
Between the black noob and the ARF white. Which is more gen like?

IMO white one because subdials are easier tell
i have black dial noob v3 and subdials are to chromatic compared to gen..on some lightning it looks very good but on some light easy tell

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Really no brainer? Why?
If you look at this picture comparison it is no brainer that arf is different from gen

In those photos the Noob looks good, but in most photos and videos I’ve watched, the ARF white dial looks much better.
Better texts, crispier número prints in the subdials, better red tone in Daytona.
I guess lighting and photo quality play its part too.

Some gens do appear to have bolder texts similar to Noob.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

popi2020

Banned
12/10/20
to avoid opening a new post I ask directly here ... I received the QC (NOOB V4) but I have some doubts about the SEL, in particular the one at 5 ... what do you think? I attach photos

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
I understand all this great passion that especially here is towards the Arf dial. I share this passion with you, the Arf dial is simply perfect.

However, I want to have a more pragmatic approach and I ask you and me this paradoxical question:

if one of us, after years of waiting from booking, is lucky enough to receive from the official Rolex boutique a nice Daytona with a "bold style" dial like that to the left of this pic, then what does he do?
Order an "old style" gen dial from the dealer and mount it on his brand new Daytona?

I think not and he will surely keep the watch as it was the one he received. I certainly would not do it and it is for this reason that although I appreciate it very much, I will not look for an Arf dial and will keep my "bold style" one.

Also because, looking at this pic, I find it very very gen like...

ZAtJTJ.png

Last edited:
Reactions: RiffRalf and Bobi01

gb7007

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
5/12/16
Austria
I understand all this great passion that especially here is towards the Arf dial. I share this passion with you, the Arf dial is simply perfect.

However, I want to have a more pragmatic approach and I ask you and me this paradoxical question:

if one of us, after years of waiting from booking, is lucky enough to receive from the official Rolex boutique a nice Daytona with a "bold style" dial like that to the left of this pic, then what does he do?
Order an "old style" gen dial from the dealer and mount it on his brand new Daytona?

I think not and he will surely keep the watch as it was the one he received. I certainly would not do it and it is for this reason that although I appreciate it very much, I will not look for an Arf dial and will keep my "bold style" one.

ZAtJTJ.png

Well, you could put an ARF dial in the Gen Daytona :greedy:

Reactions: ettorefranco

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA

ZAtJTJ.png

Buddy.... You can keep coming up with the same nonsense statements all day long, it's not gonna change the fact that the text on the v4 looks like shit! Its fat, the text bleeds, there is no crisp precise lines, the O in ROLEX looks like a donut ect.

I suspect you haven't seen a Gen and a ARF in real life. If you had, you would understand that there is absolutely no comparison! The ARF dial like Mark1937 posted above, blows the Noob dial away, by far, on EVERYTHING! from text, to Daytona color and placement, to crispness, to the lush of the indicators and the 3D effect on the crown ect.

I understand that you bought a V4, and i understand that you are very happy with it. I also understand that its human nature to try and justify that you made the correct/best choice. But besides from that, you are talking out your ass, based on different resolution/size/lighting photos you found on the internet.... Just let it go and be happy with your watch, you don't need strangers approval to enjoy it!