• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Hey guys!

Excited to get the QC pics for my built.
Noob V4, ARF dial and bracelet, and CF bezel.
Prof crystal already purchased and going straight for a full movement service.

As I’m on the fence about going for the noob black or the white ARF dial I’d highly appreciate your comments on this:

1. Do the black subdials look skinny?
Overall printing looks good but subdials look thin.
I love the black dial but the subdials shine more compared to the gens which are mate. That’s the only thing holding me back from the noob, assuming they are the right thickness.

2. The ARF white dial looks good to me. I was hoping to get a white tone more gen like but this one seems more milky from the photo.
I could live with the milky tone.

7fff495d2f4b34002e92e71c625d1737.jpg

5d9a5ed001a614b25aca1753d8368f80.jpg

d77a04136e7c7e7cc08cbc3971ee7a47.jpg

beb4e17e5edbbb69105111ac34b3daf2.jpg

a1977f07a00bbfe1063b31ecf813ca6d.jpg

92479522152a8be0b4b63c74aa7ea360.jpg

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I don’t think you need the ARF bracelet or the cf bezel. The quality of this rep is fine out the box. I doubt you’ll see any improvement with those mods. I’d do a gasket andhands to a V4, that’s all it wants.

Reactions: Therion666

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
please share some daylight pics so we can see how the subdials look in diff lighting

They shine. Not so bad because they make the dial POP but I know they are meant to be more matte. It looks amazing though, not taken mine off since I got it, very comfy and strikingly attractive. Top quality soft gen like feel to the bracelet too, I love it. Missing a little heft maybe but I have not held a real one before. I think the shiny sundials actually look better than the matte gen ones? Dial is lovely.

Luvwatch

21/8/14
I don’t think you need the ARF bracelet or the cf bezel. The quality of this rep is fine out the box. I doubt you’ll see any improvement with those mods. I’d do a gasket andhands to a V4, that’s all it wants.

I haven’t got the chance to compare in person but there’s a lot of info in this thread about the ARF bracelet being of better quality, as well as the CF bezel.

I already bought Prof LEC crystal and clear gasket.

I like the black dial better but the shine on the subdials is a tell and the quality of the numerals printing isn’t the best, so the white ARF is the most gen like IMO.

Reactions: cap923

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK

See jcher's comparison posts on page 104 of this thread. The v4 bezel is extremely good.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Hey guys!

Excited to get the QC pics for my built.
Noob V4, ARF dial and bracelet, and CF bezel.
Prof crystal already purchased and going straight for a full movement service.

As I’m on the fence about going for the noob black or the white ARF dial I’d highly appreciate your comments on this:

1. Do the black subdials look skinny?
Overall printing looks good but subdials look thin.
I love the black dial but the subdials shine more compared to the gens which are mate. That’s the only thing holding me back from the noob, assuming they are the right thickness.

2. The ARF white dial looks good to me. I was hoping to get a white tone more gen like but this one seems more milky from the photo.
I could live with the milky tone.

The best choice bro. Like mine!!!

don't remove noob sels use only removable parts from ARF bracelet :)

Reactions: Luvwatch

Jonlangley

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/10/20
It's amazing to see people talk about trying to make the perfect rep.

I'm all for franken builds and wanting perfection.

Reality is once you put the watch on your wrist the imperfections go away.

The noob v4 is near perfect. There are definitely some improvements that can be made...when you're zooming in 25x.

The only variable is...how's the movement?

Reality is, get the movement serviced and you have a top notch rep.

Reactions: RiffRalf

ExploreringGMT

Looking Around
15/11/20
Hello all, first post, lost my old account. Been on a 7 year hiatus (left when I could afford gens). Saw my friends Noob V3 panda so I’m hooked again and my V4 black arrives tomorrow. I will share pics.

Big point as I’ve been following this thread since the beginning. As we scrutinize the details (part of the fun) I must say, I own a loupe (came with my speedmaster professional) and I have never looked at the details on any of my gens (dial print, pinions, dial sheen, rehaut, etc etc). Really couldn’t describe them in much detail. Two months on here and I feel like I could accurately draw every detail of a Daytona by memory!

Point being, enjoy your watch! Scrutinize only if it’s fun for you. If it brings you stress that your $700 “super rep” isn’t perfect then allow me to assure you that 99% of people outside of the watch community won’t even notice your watch, 1% will and if it fits your lifestyle they will never even consider it’s a replica (you’re the biggest tell is 100% accurate - take it from my former 21 year old intern self wearing a BK DSSD) , and then there is the fraction of that 1% that knows your subdials look shiny or your dial print is too bold and guess what - they’re also reading this thread...

oh, and that friend with the V3 - his in-laws own an AD and have on occasion swapped watches around the dinner table and they are none the wiser (and it has the serif font bezel ... such a tiny detail that horrifies us now).

pics coming soon. glad to see all the happy new V4 owners. Really remarkable what has happened here over the past 7 years - 904L?! Cheers.

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
Hey peeps, apologies in advance if this is a stupid question and feel free to grill me on it if so - but I just got my QC pictures and I see a blemish in the 200 on the bezel where the "2" is - that should be just dirt I can wipe off right? Also I can't tell if the bottom left SEL is bad or if the reflections are just messing with me.

O-3430-Mct-Ryf.jpg

wanted to get a second opinion on this - does that look like a bad SEL on the bottom left?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Just the angle, the sel looks to be fine, I just got one of these and its 'tight' but I can still see light if I hold it in front of the screen. That looks ok!

Reactions: roflwaffles

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Definetly noob v4 white dial is no need for modding...no need for clean and noo need to change the dial

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Maybe V4 bezel is better than CF bezel...
My newer V3 is better than my CF bezel. On the loupe is not where the CF has a better finish, but the CG is much darker in low light than my later V3. I said later V3 because I own earlier V3 and putting them side by side is a bit of a difference.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
So I got my 116519 version by Noob and I am over the moon with how luxurious it is quality and fit and finish wise. Even forgetting movement and thinness for a second, the fit and finish of the case is above my ARF version by a lot.

I was never interested in the Daytona Panda but if the quality of Noob's 116500 is equal to their 116519 I might have to try it out. Does anyone have both and can give feedback if that's the case?