• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
It's really easy to tell a v1-2.2 from a v3/4

5f6e94762f4fd96a3d38b17ae76cc484.jpg

Obvious differences in the bezel:

1. The shape of the S. The lettering is generally slimmer on v3 onwards, but the S is a particularly stark contrast. On the earlier versions the S is very wide, on the newer versions it is correctly extremely slim.

2. The serif on the R. Look at the way the R curls up at the end.

When it comes down to trying to tell the difference between versions by the dial, the most appropriate is to measure against the gen in a natural light setting. Regardless of version, the noob dial has never been acceptable for me - the ROLEX lettering has never been correct, the O looks like a donut - rolex has never used a block O that is consistent in thickness all the way round on any watch, ever.

On the other hand I've seen first hand very marginal differences in subdial thickness on one generation of gen dials, I think it was the 2017 model. You can tell by measuring the difference in space between the subdial and the indices at 2.

Trying to measure the perceived subdial thickness any other way is likely to be inaccurate, because the satin finish of the outer edge of the subdial can make it seem thicker or thinner depending on lighting conditions from an image rather than in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warfighter2020

Horology Curious
2/10/20
It's really easy to tell a v1-2.2 from a v3/4

5f6e94762f4fd96a3d38b17ae76cc484.jpg

Obvious differences in the bezel:

1. The shape of the S. The lettering is generally slimmer on v3 onwards, but the S is a particularly stark contrast. On the earlier versions the S is very wide, on the newer versions it is correctly extremely slim.

2. The serif on the R. Look at the way the R curls up at the end.

When it comes down to trying to tell the difference between versions by the dial, the most appropriate is to measure against the gen in a natural light setting. Regardless of version, the noob dial has never been acceptable for me - the ROLEX lettering has never been correct, the O looks like a donut - rolex has never used a block O that is consistent in thickness all the way round on any watch, ever.

On the other hand I've seen first hand very marginal differences in subdial thickness on one generation of gen dials, I think it was the 2017 model. You can tell by measuring the difference in space between the subdial and the indices at 2.

Trying to measure the perceived subdial thickness any other way is likely to be inaccurate, because the satin finish of the outer edge of the subdial can make it seem thicker or thinner depending on lighting conditions from an image rather than in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for clarifying this! I can clearly see all that you’ve explained on this. Thank you again!!!

ilovemj

Horology Curious
29/9/20
Have used my V4 for one week and everything is fine, but power reserved hours seems only be 36 hours? From Rolex spec 4130 should be 72 hours, so clone movement should also have the same power reserve hours?

Reactions: tonydel11

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
Have used my V4 for one week and everything is fine, but power reserved hours seems only be 36 hours? From Rolex spec 4130 should be 72 hours, so clone movement should also have the same power reserve hours?

I don't expect any clone movement to perform as well as the real deal in any capacity. I think it's fantastic that they were able to duplicate the functionality and look of the movement, but the quality of the components wouldn't suggest that the power reserve or accuracy would be the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: RiffRalf

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal

my v3 was serviced and i get 72 hours out of it.

Last edited:

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
I’m no expert in cp holes, but I can tell you that the subdials are to skinny, that would probably bother you more :) my guess based on subdials is a v3

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it! Imagine the fun explaining it to my TD...

Robi01 - would you say that the watch in my QC is a V3 or a V4?

Last edited:

Bobi01

2/2/19
Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it! Imagine the fun explaining it to my TD...

Robi01 - would you say that the watch in my QC is a V3 or a V4?

Hey bro..i cannot be sure because v3 and v4 black dial have same subdials but cannon pinion is different,bezel(but cant tell without comparing) but yes cannon pinion isnt like we saw on v4,also that sel gap isnt that good if you cant live with with gaps you have 2 reasons to reject

Reactions: Therion666

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Hey bro..i cannot be sure because v3 and v4 black dial have same subdials but cannon pinion is different,bezel(but cant tell without comparing) but yes cannon pinion isnt like we saw on v4,also that sel gap isnt that good if you cant live with with gaps you have 2 reasons to reject

Thanks man, I appreciate your thoughts on the matter. I usually know exactly what I'm looking at, but this one got me confused.

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
Here you go guys 20k vs 700
Next is comparing vs black dial im just waiting my friend to have it on wrist

Now we all know that no bezel version is genlike.
Gen is Very slightly bigger font.
And Gen is Brighter and whiter color platinum.
And I must say, the subdial from noob is slightly thin compare to gen.

Thanks so much for this comparison, mate.
I think im gonna mod my 116500 to stainless steel bezel ot white gold bezel model after see this comparison.

Bobi01

2/2/19
Now we all know that no bezel version is genlike.
Gen is Very slightly bigger font.
And Gen is Brighter and whiter color platinum.
And I must say, the subdial from noob is slightly thin compare to gen.

Thanks so much for this comparison, mate.
I think im gonna mod my 116500 to stainless steel bezel ot white gold bezel model after see this comparison.

This is stock v3 bezel.. i believe the cf is more closer to gen...but also this is lightning game too and trust me not that noticable on wrist..i did it very fast few pictures....
i think im gonna change to cf bezel and arf white dial

Last edited:

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
This is stock v3 bezel.. i believe the cf is more closer to gen...but also this is lightning game too and trust me not that noticable on wrist..i did it very fast few pictures....
i think im gonna change to cf bezel and arf white dial

But my CF bezel is worse than your V3 bezel mate. I dont know if CF bezel have a V2 version, but my CF is dark .

Last edited:

Bobi01

2/2/19
But my CF bezel is worse than your V3 bezel mate. I dont know if CF bezel have a V2 version, but my CF is dark .

You dont know untiI we dont compare side by side but trust me bro this is so hard to see on naked eye because you move around both watches haha..i think i will order cf bezel and arf dial and i will compare mine v3 bezel vs cf and i will tell you if its better than v3

Reactions: Valentz

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
My main gripe is the paragraph at 12, sweet Jesus.... The letters on Noob are twice the gen thickness!

Bobi01

2/2/19
The position is not same and that is the problem too...I hope in few days i will compare with black model side by side and try to handle them in same position..idk if clean would be better on side by side

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
The position is not same and that is the problem too...I hope in few days i will compare with black model side by side and try to handle them in same position..idk if clean would be better on side by side

The CF bezel is the one to get

Reactions: tonydel11