• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V4 Daytona's

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Mmm that is a shame,
Is the yellow gold version better?

I bought a yellow gold one, it went patchy due to the tape or adhesive around it.

Needless to say all of the gold parts are now gen and everything else is SS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Just never go for any gold plating for reps.
Plating is not a simple process. It involves lots of surface treatment and properly controlled conditions for a good adhesion.

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Mmm that is a shame,
Is the yellow gold version better?

from experience yellow gold in general is better.
I haven’t seen any full gold noob Daytona’s on this forum ( And I’ve done some hunting as I want one ! )
I have seen a few of the YG on the rubber straps and yes I believe they hold up better

Reactions: GMTlover

Davide89

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/1/21
Italy
from experience yellow gold in general is better.
I haven’t seen any full gold noob Daytona’s on this forum ( And I’ve done some hunting as I want one ! )
I have seen a few of the YG on the rubber straps and yes I believe they hold up better

In your opinion, would the daily use of a noob yg with a rubber strap remain perfect over time or does the "plating" of yellow gold wear out? thank you very much

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Just never go for any gold plating for reps.
Plating is not a simple process. It involves lots of surface treatment and properly controlled conditions for a good adhesion.

It's not actually gold, there is zero gold content whatsoever. So whatever process you envisage to plate SS with 18k gold is irrelevant here. Not sure what they use but it's gold in colour only.

Reactions: WatchaholicMallorca

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
In your opinion, would the daily use of a noob yg with a rubber strap remain perfect over time or does the "plating" of yellow gold wear out? thank you very much

I don’t think it could remain perfect over time, even a SS watch will scratch over time. Some people have been lucky with plating on other reps, ARF for example apparently have better plating, speak to some ARF owners and hear their thoughts, I’ve never been so lucky

Reactions: Davide89

werdn

10/9/18
Anyone know where to source a genuine crown, or any genuine parts for the matter from? I am probably going to do the gasket replacement but am wondering if the crown is worth replacing.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Anyone know where to source a genuine crown, or any genuine parts for the matter from? I am probably going to do the gasket replacement but am wondering if the crown is worth replacing.

There is currently one available at M2M. You can check it out.

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU

eBay is always a good bet.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I’d be happy with a decent rep/noob crown, mine is awful. If anyone has a spare noob crown please advise, I’ll buy it.

werdn

10/9/18
Honestly is the crystal gasket even worth replacing. I mean how many watch enthusiast people are really going to notice it.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Honestly is the crystal gasket even worth replacing. I mean how many watch enthusiast people are really going to notice it.

on the black dial is really evident. I'm generally not anal about minute things like that but I admit that it is really evident with naked eye.

Whether it is necessary I am not sure

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19

Definetly there is difference and you can see crystals sparkling on the edges while on noob gasket it is milky white and no sparkles... i posted pictures few pages before

SLX

29/6/20
Sweden
My Daytona V4 is finally here. Super impressed, and surprisingly so the bracelet is much better than anticipated. The screws were easy as a charm to remove, so shortening the bracelet was really pleasant.

Quick question. What's you guys' take on the chronograph? Do you stay away from using it as a result of the potential risks, or have you never had any issues with it?

GMTlover

27/12/12
My Daytona V4 is finally here. Super impressed, and surprisingly so the bracelet is much better than anticipated. The screws were easy as a charm to remove, so shortening the bracelet was really pleasant.

Quick question. What's you guys' take on the chronograph? Do you stay away from using it as a result of the potential risks, or have you never had any issues with it?

I use the chrone, zero issues.
To be fair, how often are you going to use it anyways?

Reactions: oay62

SLX

29/6/20
Sweden
I use the chrone, zero issues.
To be fair, how often are you going to use it anyways?

I feel you! Just great to know that I can use it at certain instances without having to be worried. Just tested it and works like a charm. Cheers!

Reactions: GMTlover

anapesticphenomenon6666

Looking Around
15/8/17

I've run my V4 chrono night and day for the last 4 months, no issues.