• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New OXF Blaken Submariners

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
FDgiF.jpg

FZDCt.jpg

FZZS2.jpg

FZzLE.jpg

I wonder how good the PVD coating is, actually really liking the red text LN

Minute hand look a bit thick though

LN: https://puretimewatch.io/submariner-...et-a2836.html#

LV: https://puretimewatch.io/submariner-...et-a2836.html#

Last edited:

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
That would be a beautiful build ! What do you think about that oxf case and insert ?

The case and bracelet look really good. As mentioned I would change the caseback, just a pet peeve. And I would not wear that Blaken dial for the same reason. No name but Rolex on MY fake Rolex. The insert markers look too deep with some minor irregularities in "platinum" fill - the 4, the 0 in 20. But might be OK. I do a lot of insert paint mods so not worried about that.

Reactions: johnlogan

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19
The case and bracelet look really good. As mentioned I would change the caseback, just a pet peeve. And I would not wear that Blaken dial for the same reason. No name but Rolex on MY fake Rolex. The insert markers look too deep with some minor irregularities in "platinum" fill - the 4, the 0 in 20. But might be OK. I do a lot of insert paint mods so not worried about that.

Thank you very much for the input. A true gentleman as always. I'm tempted to do a fantasy watch now haha

Reactions: KJ2020

guillaumelagier

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/20
i like the green dial, what do you think please for this green dial please? THANKS GUYS.

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19

Quick question. what do you think about the movement ? is it better to swap it with something more robust like a 3135 ?

Saul Goodman

Supporter
20/1/19
Germany
Quick question. what do you think about the movement ? is it better to swap it with something more robust like a 3135 ?

Not a good idea tbh. 1st the hands wont fit and 2nd if the movment dies you can simply swap in an eta and you are good to go for rather cheap.

With 3135 movements, repairs can cost a little fortune and you are still left with a clone movment.

Well, but if you Talk about swapping in a real 3135 that on the other Hand could be running better than an eta movement :D
​​​​​​

Reactions: Pdatoon

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
A 3135 will not work in a 2836 case due to stem height.

guillaumelagier

9/6/20
Moi aussi mon frère, mais je dois attendre quelques commandes. Je n'aime pas trop m'étendre.
hello mr, do you know if OXF is a suitable factory and what do you think of the green dial and bezel? Many thanks in advance.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
hello mr, do you know if OXF is a suitable factory and what do you think of the green dial and bezel? Many thanks in advance.

OXF is not a top tier factory. I've seen the name before but rarely. The case and bracelet look really good on this model, the black bezel is decent. That's the extent of my interest in it, for purposes indicated above. The other PVD case I was interested in is linked below, the OXF is clearly superior to it so I am happy to see it.

https://www.ts-stations.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=18232

Regarding the Hulk, it's very hard to tell much from the PT pics. The dial is not displayed in good light to see sunburst or color range and depth. The insert looks OK. I'm sure it won't rival the exceptional ZZF V2S (CF v3) Hulk insert. But it looks decent. I don't like the green insert on PVD but I'm sure people gawk and gag on a lot of stuff I do, lol. We all have to please ourselves. I think the green dial black bezel combo would look better.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
And a dial without Blaken on it of course.

SdfQP.jpg

Reactions: Pdatoon

guillaumelagier

9/6/20
OXF n'est pas une usine de premier plan. J'ai vu le nom avant mais rarement. Le boîtier et le bracelet ont l'air vraiment bien sur ce modèle, la lunette noire est correcte. C'est l'étendue de mon intérêt pour cela, aux fins indiquées ci-dessus. L'autre cas PVD qui m'intéressait est lié ci-dessous, l'OXF y est clairement supérieur, donc je suis heureux de le voir.

https://www.ts-stations.cn/mobile/goods.php?ProId=18232

En ce qui concerne Hulk, il est très difficile de dire grand-chose des photos PT. Le cadran n'est pas affiché sous un bon éclairage pour voir les rayons du soleil ou la gamme de couleurs et la profondeur. L'insert semble correct. Je suis sûr qu'il ne rivalisera pas avec l'exceptionnel insert Hulk ZZF V2S (CF v3). Mais ça a l'air décent. Je n'aime pas l'encart vert sur PVD mais je suis sûr que les gens regardent et bâillonnent beaucoup de choses que je fais, lol. Nous devons tous nous plaire. Je pense que le combo cadran vert à lunette noire serait meilleur.
thank you for your answer, it's very kind to give your advice, I appreciate it, the watch is very beautiful with black bezel green background, but I like even more with the green bezel, after each his tastes and luckily we are all different at this level. It's true that this dial looks pretty decent, since I like the almost black color of gen under certain lights, which it seems to reproduce pretty well. For the green insert I also thought of the clean v3 insert but I don't know if it fits the OXF bezel. What do you think about this? many thanks.

Reactions: KJ2020

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/5/18
Not a good idea tbh. 1st the hands wont fit and 2nd if the movment dies you can simply swap in an eta and you are good to go for rather cheap.

With 3135 movements, repairs can cost a little fortune and you are still left with a clone movment.

Well, but if you Talk about swapping in a real 3135 that on the other Hand could be running better than an eta movement :D
​​​​​​

I’ve got to have one of these, do you know if you can swap in a 2824? Read somewhere the stem length may not be the same. Would love to just put the whole arf 2824 setup in it with a gen bezel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
I’ve got to have one of these, do you know if you can swap in a 2824? Read somewhere the stem length may not be the same. Would love to just put the whole arf 2824 setup in it with a gen bezel

No, 2824 and 3135 are similar stem heights, 2836 is very different and neither of those will work in a 2836 case.

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/5/18
No, 2824 and 3135 are similar stem heights, 2836 is very different and neither of those will work in a 2836 case.

I can’t seem to find a Swiss 2836 without the day and date? Can this be used?

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/5/18
Looks like the 2836-2 is the way to go swap date wheels and should be good. The hands don’t look great but have to see when it comes in, thanks for the help about the case and the stems. Much appreciated, time to sell my squale 1545 dlc for funds!