• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Black Submariner with date?

freetradecollection

Horology Curious
10/5/20
Hahahhahahahahah

guys im successful I swear. I could buy a real one but I’m frugal. That’s all it is. I’m very smart at investing my wealth and a REAL one? Nah a rep is the smarter option. Also I’m successful I swear. I need one that will pass as real so my boss and clients won’t call me out as a fake. Also I’m successful
Anyways
What’s the best rep sub ?

Sent from my million dollar smart car BIGEGO

I gave a lesson on frugality and my reasoning a few posts back. You should read it because I clearly address your statements. Maybe it will help you get to the point where you're not broke and happy.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I've got to say, I'm with freetradecollection on this (to a point). It's bullshit that the world works this way, but it does so don't hate the player, hate the game. I'm with the others who told you to go Gen though - reps are not what you need. Go for a weird piece, a slightly less populist maker like F.P. Journe or Lange or Gronefeld - because people that know watches will be more interested in watches like those, whereas people that don't know watches might still notice how classy they are. Yes they're expensive, but it's not money you're losing forever; you get to sell the watch one day and get a large chunk (if not more) money back.

Reactions: muiramas

freetradecollection

Horology Curious
10/5/20
You're the worst. You just joined up and are picking fights. You have nothing to contribute here. Go away and be frugal somewhere else.

Maybe read through this entire post? I didn't pick a single fight, I just defended myself when other people attacked me for apparently no reason.

Last_man_standing

Horology Curious
26/6/18
I think what many people here (yourself included) are doing is projecting their own insecurities on me. My reasons for wanting this is purely from the perspective of getting an edge in my career in a frugal way, other than that I don't care for these items. I feel like anyone replying negatively cannot comprehend this because their reasons for wanting a fake Rolex is different from mine, but in the end everyone is here for a fake Rolex for one reason or another, so I don't understand the hypocrisy. Also you mention "image" like it's something that doesn't exist, or you seem to be implying it's not needed. If that's the case then why do things like business attire exists in offices in the first place? according to your logic people should just go to work In t-shirts and shorts right? I don't understand why they don't...

To address the "leased Mercedes" statement, you realize just saying that shows you're probably a child or a person with no understanding of finances at all right? A luxury car is a piece of garbage that has no long term value. the MSRP of my car is $120k, If I were to purchase it I would be out almost 140k after fees and taxes. In three years I'd be lucky if I could sell it for 40k, so in total I'd throw away around 100k in three years. The other option Is to lease the same car and at the end of 3 years it would cost me around 35k in total. Which seems like the smarter option to you? Can you comprehend basic finances? Also keep in mind that I didn't buy this car to show off to my friends/family, I bought it to serve a purpose so your upcoming suggestion of buying a cheaper car with the 30k that I can keep for an extended period of time wouldn't work for me. This car is a tool that I use for my job, because of it I've been able to compete in the same level as my coworkers and land much higher contracts that would've otherwise not been available to me. I got to save 100k and on top of that It's already paid for itself multiple times over. That's the difference between being frugal and being a moron. It's also the same thing I'm trying to do with the watch, I'm trying to be frugal and not a moron. Sure the watch may hold it's value better but in the end it's still not worth it due to opportunity cost. Instead of dropping 15k on a watch that's going to be worth the same or less in 10 years I can invest that same 15k and have it grow to 30k-40k in 10 years, which is a better option?. In the end I'll buy a real one if I have to because it will easily pay for itself multiple times over the next few years, but why not try to save money and achieve the same outcome while also making money by investing the 15k I saved like I did with the 100k from the car? doesn't that make more sense to you? Also no one is directly comparing watches with each other in my office, but management takes stuff like that into consideration with assigning clients. That's what I meant by comparing watches. I already gave an example of this in another post.

Lastly you're right, your .02 means nothing to me because you clearly don't understand basic finances. Also you seem to not have a clear understanding of the high level sales world where materialistic things like this give you an edge over competitors on the same career level. Google NYC real estate agents and you will see the "image" is standard among the successful ones. That's not a point I have to defend as it's easily verified.

Lolol I'll be honest I'm not even going to bother to read this. Obviously I hit a nerve and for that I apologize. It's clear you have many insecurities about yourself and your chosen profession. It's very sad to obsess over leased and fake luxury items that you have no taste/care for in an attempt to succeed at "the worst field ever".

Congrats on the new watch, I'm sure your bosses will be super duper impressed and give all the important, high dollar clients to you. :)

freetradecollection

Horology Curious
10/5/20
Lolol I'll be honest I'm not even going to bother to read this. Obviously I hit a nerve and for that I apologize. It's clear you have many insecurities about yourself and your chosen profession. It's very sad to obsess over leased and fake luxury items that you have no taste/care for in an attempt to succeed at "the worst field ever".

Congrats on the new watch, I'm sure your bosses will be super duper impressed and give all the important, high dollar clients to you. :)

Maybe you should have read it so you can understand why your reply is illogical and makes no sense. Also if you cannot read through 3 short paragraphs then you should start focusing on yourself and not me.

freetradecollection

Horology Curious
10/5/20
I've got to say, I'm with freetradecollection on this (to a point). It's bullshit that the world works this way, but it does so don't hate the player, hate the game. I'm with the others who told you to go Gen though - reps are not what you need. Go for a weird piece, a slightly less populist maker like F.P. Journe or Lange or Gronefeld - because people that know watches will be more interested in watches like those, whereas people that don't know watches might still notice how classy they are. Yes they're expensive, but it's not money you're losing forever; you get to sell the watch one day and get a large chunk (if not more) money back.

Okay cool, I'll look into those.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
wow...reading all of this hurts my head. oh look at that! insert watch pict...

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I think what many people here (yourself included) are doing is projecting their own insecurities on me. My reasons for wanting this is purely from the perspective of getting an edge in my career in a frugal way, other than that I don't care for these items. I feel like anyone replying negatively cannot comprehend this because their reasons for wanting a fake Rolex is different from mine, but in the end everyone is here for a fake Rolex for one reason or another, so I don't understand the hypocrisy. Also you mention "image" like it's something that doesn't exist, or you seem to be implying it's not needed. If that's the case then why do things like business attire exists in offices in the first place? according to your logic people should just go to work In t-shirts and shorts right? I don't understand why they don't...

To address the "leased Mercedes" statement, you realize just saying that shows you're probably a child or a person with no understanding of finances at all right? A luxury car is a piece of garbage that has no long term value. the MSRP of my car is $120k, If I were to purchase it I would be out almost 140k after fees and taxes. In three years I'd be lucky if I could sell it for 40k, so in total I'd throw away around 100k in three years. The other option Is to lease the same car and at the end of 3 years it would cost me around 35k in total. Which seems like the smarter option to you? Can you comprehend basic finances? Also keep in mind that I didn't buy this car to show off to my friends/family, I bought it to serve a purpose so your upcoming suggestion of buying a cheaper car with the 30k that I can keep for an extended period of time wouldn't work for me. This car is a tool that I use for my job, because of it I've been able to compete in the same level as my coworkers and land much higher contracts that would've otherwise not been available to me. I got to save 100k and on top of that It's already paid for itself multiple times over. That's the difference between being frugal and being a moron. It's also the same thing I'm trying to do with the watch, I'm trying to be frugal and not a moron. Sure the watch may hold it's value better but in the end it's still not worth it due to opportunity cost. Instead of dropping 15k on a watch that's going to be worth the same or less in 10 years I can invest that same 15k and have it grow to 30k-40k in 10 years, which is a better option?. In the end I'll buy a real one if I have to because it will easily pay for itself multiple times over the next few years, but why not try to save money and achieve the same outcome while also making money by investing the 15k I saved like I did with the 100k from the car? doesn't that make more sense to you? Also no one is directly comparing watches with each other in my office, but management takes stuff like that into consideration with assigning clients. That's what I meant by comparing watches. I already gave an example of this in another post.

Lastly you're right, your .02 means nothing to me because you clearly don't understand basic finances. Also you seem to not have a clear understanding of the high level sales world where materialistic things like this give you an edge over competitors on the same career level. Google NYC real estate agents and you will see the "image" is standard among the successful ones. That's not a point I have to defend as it's easily verified.

Get you arrogant attitude out of this forum. You have constantly belittled members by saying "no idea of finances, how high end sales work or how Real estate sales work in NYC". Who the heck are you? I meet with NYC based C-level exces almost every week. I conduct million $$ transactions every month and wear a suit for all customer meetings. None of what you say makes sense. Nobody gives a damn about your watch. Smart people (and I hope most of your clients are) can see through materialistic things very very easily, you need to do much better (in terms of personality and skills) to get ahead. Please get your BS out of this board, getting sick of it honestly.

Last edited:

Adrenix

5/12/18
I have to say, this forum does attract all sorts, and really sparks hostility.

I think freetradecollection has defended himself reasonably and his requirements for a Rolex almost appear believable.

Remember - to be rich and appear rich are two very, very different things and I think I can get my head around the reasons for needing to appear rich (rather than the wish to appear so) in order to progress in your line of work.

I am an investment banker and my job is to make millionaires out of successful business people. They often look and dress in a very understated manner because they are salt of the earth, hard workers. I am usually the one who comes clean shaven, suit and tie, polished shoes etc, to make it out that I am smart, orderly and diligent. I don't think there is too much to stretch to assume that his boss (NOT his clients) think that a Rolex is an important addition to that outfit when they want to bring him to client meetings.

Is it not believable that this man has a very materialistic boss who promotes based on image and perceived success, rather than actual success? It doesn't seem like a stretch to me, certainly not in cut throat sales-based roles. When I bought my first house even the lowly scumbag assistant at the estate agent was wearing a Rolex. As if I didn't hate him enough before!

Doc brown

Supporter
Certified
1/11/17
Boast is always a cry of despair, except in the young it is a cry of hope.

It's very evident and you have made it very clearly illustrated here that by getting worked up on a rep watch forum, how insecure you really are. No one else here is losing their head or calling people a "maniac". Everyone else is laughing at you. What does that say about you?

I'm not even going to waste my time typing here to give you a lesson on life, just like no one else will heed to your level of convoluted immature antics, but I know for a fact that people like Ryan Serhant and Fredrik Eklund of whom are your far far up superiors will laugh much in the same way as we are doing here. They will eat you for breakfast if you can't handle a rep forum.

You can't buy class and if you want to be professional, you have to buy professional, not lease it. It's not just the physical saving of money factor. It's the exchange of energy the takes place,. A guy like you won't understand. Your insidious attempts at slurring yourself to be "different" in your profession only makes you look like more of a clown. @muiramas is not a stupid person that wastes time for people like you. I'm surprised he wrote so much tbh. He's given you more time than any high profile NYC Real estate agent ever will. It would be wise rather than to belittle yourself to what level of a crumb you have degraded yourself to here, to kindly contribute or stand down as it is very clear from the way you display yourself that you are not even on the 1st ladder of the real estate market. You may think that, but we are not stupid people. We can all see who you really are joker. And wanna-be princesses like you swing by hear all the time in hope to secure some form of dignity/pride to their crumbling falling ego and insecurities or lack of accomplishment hence coming on a rep watch forum with an attitude.

Getting banned from a rep watch forum doesn't look nice on a real estate agent CV. I'm sure Frederik will make you cry like a baby with that one. BTW all their watches and cars are gen and paid for. Ryan's fav watch is the Submariner and not that you will ever get to that level, but you would get called out. He knows all about them, More than what you are giving them credit for. They all know what super reps are man. It's 2020. If you're smart enough to find this place you think they can't? Do you think they walk into and AD without any research to franken reps and lay down 40G on a gen just like that? Do you even know who they buy Rolex from and that guy's username on Rolex Forums? You're digging the ground deeper for yourself. Trying to impress us in nothing - we're not claiming to ooze class and luxury. We are a humble well manned society of helpful friendly people. The field you are in, if you get called out, from the way you handle yourself here, I think you'll need psychological help or be chained to a bed for a few years.

And btw, NO I didn't "google" these people or watch them on TV show.

Just like the quote implies, you're still too young for the real estate market friend regardless of your physical age, with that attitude you won't sell a slum in manila or get anywhere in life for that matter. And you clearly are not who you say you are or trying to be. Stay hopeful and humble. Bless you.

freetradecollection

Horology Curious
10/5/20
Boast is always a cry of despair, except in the young it is a cry of hope.

It's very evident and you have made it very clearly illustrated here that by getting worked up on a rep watch forum, how insecure you really are. No one else here is losing their head or calling people a "maniac". Everyone else is laughing at you. What does that say about you?

I'm not even going to waste my time typing here to give you a lesson on life, just like no one else will heed to your level of convoluted immature antics, but I know for a fact that people like Ryan Serhant and Fredrik Eklund of whom are your far far up superiors will laugh much in the same way as we are doing here. They will eat you for breakfast if you can't handle a rep forum.

You can't buy class and if you want to be professional, you have to buy professional, not lease it. It's not just the physical saving of money factor. It's the exchange of energy the takes place,. A guy like you won't understand. Your insidious attempts at slurring yourself to be "different" in your profession only makes you look like more of a clown. @muiramas is not a stupid person that wastes time for people like you. I'm surprised he wrote so much tbh. He's given you more time than any high profile NYC Real estate agent ever will. It would be wise rather than to belittle yourself to what level of a crumb you have degraded yourself to here, to kindly contribute or stand down as it is very clear from the way you display yourself that you are not even on the 1st ladder of the real estate market. You may think that, but we are not stupid people. We can all see who you really are joker. And wanna-be princesses like you swing by hear all the time in hope to secure some form of dignity/pride to their crumbling falling ego and insecurities or lack of accomplishment hence coming on a rep watch forum with an attitude.

Getting banned from a rep watch forum doesn't look nice on a real estate agent CV. I'm sure Frederik will make you cry like a baby with that one. BTW all their watches and cars are gen and paid for. Ryan's fav watch is the Submariner and not that you will ever get to that level, but you would get called out. He knows all about them, More than what you are giving them credit for. They all know what super reps are man. It's 2020. If you're smart enough to find this place you think they can't? Do you think they walk into and AD without any research to franken reps and lay down 40G on a gen just like that? Do you even know who they buy Rolex from and that guy's username on Rolex Forums? You're digging the ground deeper for yourself. Trying to impress us in nothing - we're not claiming to ooze class and luxury. We are a humble well manned society of helpful friendly people. The field you are in, if you get called out, from the way you handle yourself here, I think you'll need psychological help or be chained to a bed for a few years.

And btw, NO I didn't "google" these people or watch them on TV show.

Just like the quote implies, you're still too young for the real estate market friend regardless of your physical age, with that attitude you won't sell a slum in manila or get anywhere in life for that matter. And you clearly are not who you say you are or trying to be. Stay hopeful and humble. Bless you.

You're literally speaking nonsense based on nothing. You are clearly just blindly siding with your friends in this fourm to attack the new guy without logic and reasoning on your side. You all do an awful job of welcoming new members with your high horse attitude. Get over yourselves, it's a forum about fake watches and you guys are here attacking new members like you're gods gift to the world. This is the most pretentious and ridiculous thing i've ever seen. it's a forum about fake watches that flame people for looking for a fake watch, is this even reality? Also I'm done with this toxic community so I'm going to leave of my own free will, but I just want you to know that you all couldn't ban me even if you wanted to. I'm posting from a VM behind a VPN so I can get on a new MAC and IP in seconds.

Last edited:

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
I don't know what your budget is but to make best rep SubC for the lowest $$, I'd buy a ZZF 116610LN 3135 with ARF bracelet and add a Gen crystal. Have one of our forum Watchsmiths put it together for you, waterproof and maybe service the movement. All of this should run you ~$1300.

I'd also recommend the ARF 116710LN GMT-Master II with Gen crystal and movement service (with recommended gen parts)/ VR3185 swap. Also about $1000.

IMO no Rolex replica is convincing out-of-the-box except for a BP 116900 Air-King. The GMF has flush SEL.

I'd also suggest the VSF Panerai 683 Submersible, Noob Panerai 111 and GF/ ZF Frank Muller Vanguard V45. These can be worn out of the box for $300-500 and offer unmissable wrist presence.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: buzz483

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
Another Rolex model to consider would be the Noob Daytona 116500N White dial 4130 clone with CF bezel. Should be about $800-900 and can be worn out of the box.

Reactions: buzz483

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Don't bother with a submariner they are so common in these industries. You're very likely to bump into someone who owns one and hence there is more risk of being called out.

Get a ZF AP or another Rolex like a Noob Daytona or Yachtmaster.

Doc brown

Supporter
Certified
1/11/17
You're literally speaking nonsense based on nothing. You are clearly just blindly siding with your friends in this fourm to attack the new guy without logic and reasoning on your side. You all do an awful job of welcoming new members with your high horse attitude. Get over yourselves, it's a forum about fake watches and you guys are here attacking new members like you're gods gift to the world. This is the most pretentious and ridiculous thing i've ever seen. it's a forum about fake watches that flame people for looking for a fake watch, is this even reality? Also I'm done with this toxic community so I'm going to leave of my own free will, but I just want you to know that you all couldn't ban me even if you wanted to. I'm posting from a VM behind a VPN so I can get on a new MAC and IP in seconds.

You can run and hide behind a VPN sit under a blanket in never neverland for all I care, You can't hide behind real concrete and real people. I have 2 contracts with the Elliman group headed by Frederik in Soho. Not that you will tell me your name but I can get all the facts about you and then you will be in dire trouble. Like I said, this is not a place where misfits are sitting in a basement playing with noob parts. Have some respect and don't make such low assumptions.

If you think this is bad, head over to the Rolex Forums where the "real Successful" people are. Tell them your aspirations about buying a rep or secondhand gen for the NY real estate market. See the standing ovation you receive over there. You want to play with the "big boys", that's where they are.

Reactions: tripdog

Adrenix

5/12/18
Why be like that? Why do you have to be so aggressive just because you don't like the reasons someone provides for wanting a watch? Are there right and wrong reasons in your mind? Whether they are lying or not, why does it bother you so much? The levels of arrogance and superiority shown by some established members is astounding. Calm down.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Why be like that? Why do you have to be so aggressive just because you don't like the reasons someone provides for wanting a watch? Are there right and wrong reasons in your mind? Whether they are lying or not, why does it bother you so much? The levels of arrogance and superiority shown by some established members is astounding. Calm down.

Exactly..whatever the reason..evryone has to calm down. Agree to disagree

ciceroyeah

Renowned Member
8/8/13
TL/DR. Did anyone say anything worthwhile here or make any point that hasn't been made a hundred times before?

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
I work in real estate (in NYC) and it really is the worst field ever.

They're always comparing watches and shit so that the next logical step hence the reason for the question.

If they comparing watches, seems to me they "know" a little. You could find yourself in a worse situation in the latter then your former..(if you get called out wearing a rep)

just buy a gen Omega smp should set you back 1,800-2,400 in good condition, but hurry on in while supplies last they're jumping in prices as well!

ps, you'll be in the "IN" crowd then.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
I love the comment about how we’re hurting the watch industry and how he just assumes that none of us own any gen watches. Smh.

Yes. There are some people who just come here to buy a rep so they can show it off to their friends and say it is real. People like you who stop by here, ask the same question (who makes the best sub), and they disappear.

1. You are literally hurting the industry.

2. Majority of us also own gens and reps.

3. A lot of us enjoy working on watches (modding them, fixing them, replacing rep parts with gen parts..etc. that’s pretty much the only things I do with reps.

4. I enjoy working on them. They’re not status symbols for me like you are projecting here.

5. Some members may be insecure for whatever financial reason (that none of us understand. lol).

6. A Rolex sub isn’t gonna impress anyone. Especially in your “High end real estate business like yourself). They barely impress me and I have a few of them.

7. Getting a Rolex sub to impressed you boss and clients is just pathetic. If you want to impress your boss and your clients, get a different brand. Those are the types of watches they would impress me or anyone that knows anything about watches aside from Rolex, Tag, omega.. major brands.

8. If you want to impress anyone who has plenty of money, they will hardly even notice or care that you have a sub. They’ve probably had every version a few times.

Your thought process is just sad. If you’re that good in finances, you would easily know that Rolex’s steel watches and most other models keep or gain value so getting a gen is definitely worth it.

You want to impress clients, show up with a patek, mosier, A. Lange, Arnold and son, F.P. Journe, hell, a nomos would probably impress someone who knows anything about watches would impress someone more than a sub.

Now if you actually liked the model and most likely end up buying a gen, sure. That’s great. A lot of folks on the forums buy reps first and see if they like it. If they do, they end up buying a gen if they can find one.

To show off, I think a sub is the least show off watch. It’s the standard on expensive watches. It’s the first watch that pops in your head when you hear anything about a expensive watch.

Get a OP. they have gorgeous dials and are fairly cheap for a Rolex. Get a grand seiko even. Hell. If a client of mine showed up with a grand Seiko snowflake, I’d be more interested in seeing that than any reps or gens I own. Seikos are not just he cheap quartz watches. Anyone who knows anything about watches knows what a grand seiko is. If they don’t know anything about watches, sure. The sub will impress them but it would just be because they think it’s a Rolex. The first question they’ll ask is if it’s real.

From your description of your company and coworkers, it sounds like there’s a few people there with gen rolexes and if they know anything about them, they’ll notice the difference and that would be way more embarrassing than wearing a cheap watch.

You come here telling people that they’re the ones who are insecure yet, you’re buying your rep just to show that you are successful. No one here has even claimed that they’re rich or poor. Sounds to me like you’re the one who is insecure.

Just my 2 pennies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kalev007