• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Oyster Perpetual 39mm

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Pretty excited for this one to arrive. Sead has outdone himself again...

I’ve found myself wearing my rhodium OP39 a lot whilst waiting for some decent reps of the updated op41 drop. This grape will keep me happy til they do.

dial very close to genuine, this comparison in different lights .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Buythedip

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Might be recency bias but the OP39 grape might be my favorite rep in my collection. It's stunning! I have so many blues and greys that a purple dial is just different. So glad I went with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOSSK and KJ2020

doggy81

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/2/20
Is rejecting a watch cause of a misaligned rehaut a dick move? Everything seems to be okay but the rehaut is fucked

Za2jun.jpg

I am almost 100% sure its the angle. I RLed a submariner because the rehaut was looking misaligned (and the 12hr marker was twitched). The 2nd rehaut was also misaligned on the pics but I took it. And when it arrived, it was perfectly aligned.

Last edited:

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Any slight misalignment will be exaggerated by camera angle (among other things). RL over a rehaut is a bit of a D move.

Here’s my recent approved QC, pretty good alignment except between 3 to 6 marks but that’ll be insignificant in real life.

Reactions: merowinger

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
I'm interested to the rhodium(but I like also white or black one) , I would have chosen ARF (considered Super Rep) but I'm really worried about his not reliable movement, if UBF is comparable in quality I'd take it without doubt couse of 2824 movement.

I have the UBF white dial version and I assure you it's definitely top knotch for the asking price

Also would like to mention and finally put the myth away about the different colored lume!

It all matches perfectly
thanks for watching

Stevo85

18/12/18
Liverpool

I own a gen OP39 Rhodium and adore it, I’m really liking the grape dial version so after holding the arf rhodium side by side with gen a few small flaws annoyed me as I’m pretty fussy.

I have just ordered a gen grape dial and sourcing a gen handset to franken my arf :) (I already have a gen bracelet and clasp ready to go)

Will keep you guys updated

Reactions: Buythedip

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
I own a gen OP39 Rhodium and adore it, I’m really liking the grape dial version so after holding the arf rhodium side by side with gen a few small flaws annoyed me as I’m pretty fussy.

I have just ordered a gen grape dial and sourcing a gen handset to franken my arf :) (I already have a gen bracelet and clasp ready to go)

Will keep you guys updated

Do you have any side by side pics of the rhodium Gen and ARF ? Would love to see.

Reactions: Stevo85

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Yeah, I was still a bit on the fence about the grape right up until the QC I received! Zero regrets now. I wear quite a bit of burgundy/pinks so I think it’ll agree with me lol

grape goes very well with deep / dark blue, grey, black, white. In my opinion I wouldn’t wear pink or burgundy shirt and grape OP, it’s too matchy.

Stevo85

18/12/18
Liverpool
Here you go chaps.

gen on left, quite a few tells most annoying for me is the square flat hour markers and Rolex coronet looks ‘lifeless’ compared to gen

Reactions: BOSSK

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I think the rep is very good. It will never best a blown up version of the gen on a webforum but it gives 95%-if not more- for a fraction of a fraction of the price of the gen.

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Here you go chaps.

gen on left, quite a few tells most annoying for me is the square flat hour markers and Rolex coronet looks ‘lifeless’ compared to gen

Thanks for posting! Like all great reps they still come undone when side by side with Gen, particularly when comparing those subtle details like markers and hands in white gold.

Still a great rep ARF produced I’d still say it’s within 90% of the Gen.