• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel and Dial Review of ZZF V2S 116610LV Submariner and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF V3 and Noob V10

JAW_CM

Horology Curious
14/6/20
The only way you can fix those SELs is to find another ZZF bracelet which has good recess or reject the watch and hope a better one comes next.

I had one with quite flush SELs and got another ZZF bracelet for it which had perfect gen like recess. If I'm selling the watch I'm definitely keeping that bracelet.

The watch looks great so I didn’t want to risk getting a bad one. I’ve already accepted and will look for an ARF bracelet

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
So that factories like ZZF and noob won’t be able to copy and use the real serial number in their reps...

it’s common practice amongst sellers who post photos of their gen watches for sale. They would also usually block the serial number on the warranty card

I’m sure your reason is true but I also read it’s a way of the grey dealers protecting their suppliers.

Mr X is a big spender with an AD and has access to Rolex Sport models, Nautilus and Black Bay 58’s etc and he likes to flip them to grey dealers. Removing the serial makes it harder (not impossible) for Rolex to find out where the grey dealer is sourcing from and protects his relationship with the AD.

I’m not sure Rolex care about the grey market price as I don’t see it really affecting demand. People pretend they hate Rolex but we know we’d all buy a Pepsi if we saw one in an AD window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: d3s19n and Kalev007

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
The watch looks great so I didn’t want to risk getting a bad one. I’ve already accepted and will look for an ARF bracelet

You could put a WTB up for ARF / ZZF bracelet. I did that and got a brand new in blister ZZF bracelet with good gen like recess but in that case you need pics from the seller with bracelet being on the watch to know if its good. ARF does not have good SELs perfect would be ZZF good recess SELs and starting from the links with screws ARF with ARF clasp.

Also regarding ARF have the same TD to source you one they are hard to find M2M and you'll get it with the watch. ZZF is easier to find as people swap those more often.

My LN date is now all sides like this (luckily my no-date had it like this OTB):

IMG-2510.jpg

Reactions: JAW_CM

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
I have got an arf bracelet and I am not too happy with it. It came looking exactly like this when it was brand new. It was also unscrewing itself and was making grinding noise when the sels were moving. I went to my local watchsmith, he cleaned it and polished it. For a second it looked like a gen almost. It does not unscrew and sels/glidelock are moving very smooth now. But after a couple of weeks it looks the same as before. In the same spot which he polished there is the same dark spot on the clasp. I have been quite careful with it, I don't think I have scratched it myself and it also appeared exactly in the same spot as before polishing. You guys think it is completely normal or I just got a bad one? I dunno if I should source another one or they are all like that. Also Not sure if it is ok that I post it here, I don't think it is worthy of starting a thread.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Maybe tell this story and show picture to your TD and he can send you a new clasp for a low price or maybe free.

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

TLW77

Known Member
22/6/20
The crown also did not work on that watch so I had poor experience. I am not gonna complain to TD but I don't think that I am gonna order from that site again. Was just curious if this is normal for that bracelet or not.

swink6112

Known Member
15/7/20
From what non trusted dealer did you buy from then and what did you pay?

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

I'm currently living in Bangkok, Thailand so there are no trusted dealers. I bought it from a shop I found online. How it works is the shop will send the delivery guy to see me with the watch and I can take a good look at it before deciding to buy or not. So I felt no pressure buying from this non trusted dealer. I was happy with the watch and paid around 19,000 Baht for it. Which is roughly around 600 US dollars.

Oh and by the way the watch is magnificent. With XX(rehaut) and C4R(bracelet) as proof that it is indeed the v2s. My wife couldn't tell it apart from my gen Hulk so that's a good sign lol. Will post pix when I can get it in the right light. Cheers!

Last edited:

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
OOTB pix. Still the ZZF bracelet. But i heard the ARF bracelet is a must right?

Depends how good one you got in terms of QC. Some are bad some are really good.

At least your SELs look perfect so even if you do get ARF keep the ZZF SELs.

Reactions: swink6112

acer1113

Known Member
26/11/19
Finally ordered my first hulk rep after waiting over a year for a nice one ootb!
Pulled the trigger on this last ZZF with the updated rehaut.
Hope to receive a good one from Li