• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bezel and Dial Review of ZZF V2S 116610LV Submariner and Comparison vs. Gen, ARF V3 and Noob V10

its4me

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/19
Insert looks good I would pick the one with the 21 on the date sel is not good though.but I bet if you flip the bracelet around it will have more recess
the one with 21 date from other side:
8DYEE.jpg
8DOt2.jpg
8D913.jpg

the one with 31 date from other sid
8DIet.jpg
8D1Hn.jpg

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Nice observation regarding engraving... so what do you think about the clean v2s’ green after seeing all the other inserts fail to match gen’s green?
One thing I realized about the hulk inserts and green color regarding photography in general is that sometimes... A lot of times, especially with green you can not believe the camera.

Cameras have such a hard time of visually interpreting and conveying green that you can't believe the pictures. Also... Many times... I think people end up going for details that photograph better over what looks better.

I remember when I put my FrankenHulk together, I had 6 different inserts and they all looked differently in different light (sun, shade, incandescent light, fluorescent light, under cloud cover). They all photographed differently and I stared at those pics for hours zoomed in as far as I could.

It is easy to look at pics and scrutinize every little detail and Pick out the one you like but it is more difficult to realize that the camera isn't always the most accurate.

I remember this especially with my dial. The sunburst of the clean dial looked 2nd best via pics. The BP dial was still king... Via pics. But visually and by naked eye, the clean dial looked great. Everyone was complaining that it didn't go "full black" in pics but in person it looked so good and got so dark and it got much darker much better than the BP dial.

So in this rant, I have two points. The first point m is sometimes we over look what "looks best" for what photographs best - which, if that's what you're looking for, there is nothing wrong with it. A watch that takes the best Pic is important to a lot of people.

The second point is... Especially with hulk parts (and because cameras struggle to show green the same way we see it) I always hold off on forming a rigid opinion until I see it in person. It's just something I thought was worth mentioning.

But generally, a lot of it depends on personal opinion. We make these watches for ourselves. I think for many, the thickness (in person) will be so slight most won't notice. A lot of details we scrutinize are small. Tiny even. People freak out about details that they wouldn't notice if someone didn't point out to them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
The pip on the one with the 31 looks like a big dot.

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
One thing I realized about the hulk inserts and green color regarding photography in general is that sometimes... A lot of times, especially with green you can not believe the camera.

Cameras have such a hard time of visually interpreting and conveying green that you can't believe the pictures. Also... Many times... I think people end up going for details that photograph better over what looks better.

I remember when I put my FrankenHulk together, I had 6 different inserts and they all looked differently in different light (sun, shade, incandescent light, fluorescent light, under cloud cover). They all photographed differently and I stared at those pics for hours zoomed in as far as I could.

It is easy to look at pics and scrutinize every little detail and Pick out the one you like but it is more difficult to realize that the camera isn't always the most accurate.

I remember this especially with my dial. The sunburst of the clean dial looked 2nd best via pics. The BP dial was still king... Via pics. But visually and by naked eye, the clean dial looked great. Everyone was complaining that it didn't go "full black" in pics but in person it looked so good and got so dark and it got much darker much better than the BP dial.

So in this rant, I have two points. The first point m is sometimes we over look what "looks best" for what photographs best - which, if that's what you're looking for, there is nothing wrong with it. A watch that takes the best Pic is important to a lot of people.

The second point is... Especially with hulk parts (and because cameras struggle to show green the same way we see it) I always hold off on forming a rigid opinion until I see it in person. It's just something I thought was worth mentioning.

But generally, a lot of it depends on personal opinion. We make these watches for ourselves. I think for many, the thickness (in person) will be so slight most won't notice. A lot of details we scrutinize are small. Tiny even. People freak out about details that they wouldn't notice if someone didn't point out to them.

Very well said mate and especially the last...the super minor details people rant about are the ones which they wouldn't notice if not pointed out.

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Also, nobody talks about the Gen feeling of a watch which is although only qualitative but very very important. I've had Gen hulk as well as almost every Rolex professional models in Gen but I was really happy with ZZf V2 sub LN as well as LV. The watch head feel was really like Gen...also the Noob Daytona was really good except the white tall gasket...same was the case with ARF Daytona, really looked like a Gen and in five digit models, it was the TC, which gave a real gen feeling. Rest of the Reps I owned didn't feel Gen like at all ootb. Just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt!

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
BTW i uploaded the video i got...maybe its interested for someone who looks more in detail of lightning and different angles...hope that can help out??

1st:
[video]https://gofile.io/?c=u3Ko0F[/video]

2nd:
[video]https://gofile.io/?c=MDK53y[/video]

You think you can get your dealer to do a v2 and v2s side-by-side comparison (assuming she has an old v2 lying around)? Thanks for sharing all these pics!!

Reactions: outerbolt

its4me

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/19
You think you can get your dealer to do a v2 and v2s side-by-side comparison (assuming she has an old v2 lying around)? Thanks for sharing all these pics!!

im sorry no zzf v2 availible to do a v2 / v2s comparison pic.

but also anyway like i said i did not look sooo exactly..i think if the v2s would not came out...i had bought the v2....but now only the v2s is availible. So i went with that one...

Reactions: srhoque

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
BTW i uploaded the video i got...maybe its interested for someone who looks more in detail of lightning and different angles...hope that can help out??

1st:

2nd:

Nice to see it in a video. Def. needs a gen xtal, rest I like!

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
If you’ve handled enough used gens, you’d realise that the SEL alignment/recess is all over the place. With use the spring bars stretch, bend, bow and as a consequence the SELs are floppy and uneven. The cases and bracelets are re-brushed to look like new before sale but the SELs are generally floppy on typical used gens you see here in the U.K.

I don’t know who made SEL obsession happen in the rep game but I wish it went away.

There are far bigger issues with Rolex reps to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
If you’ve handled enough used gens, you’d realise that the SEL alignment/recess is all over the place. With use the spring bars stretch, bend, bow and as a consequence the SELs are floppy and uneven. The cases and bracelets are re-brushed to look like new before sale but the SELs are generally floppy on typical used gens you see here in the U.K.

I don’t know who made SEL obsession happen in the rep game but I wish it went away.

Sent from the RWI App

ABC123

22/8/07
USA

Sent from the RWI App

Cannot cannot cannot agree more on the sel point. All these years and I still have no fing clue what people are talking about as it relates or sel or do I care.

ABC123

22/8/07
USA

1st:

2nd:

awesome. Thanks!
what do folks think about the rehaut depth?

Mr Heuristics

Known Member
24/2/20

1000%. I'm new to the rep game but have purchased 1 gen every two years for the last decade... every one has some level of SEL variance. Even a 2018 no date sub purchased from an AD has a very subtle SEL recess deviation from top to bottom lug, which is quite pronounced under a loupe.

Sometimes the critiques of these reps remind me of a guy at Outback Steakhouse who is pissed off that he can't get Hokkaido Snow Beef. Don't get me wrong, I think all of this is interesting, but goddamn, some of you dudes seem like you're on the autistic spectrum. If these standard deviations bother you, pony up and buy a gen. I say that with love.

The Alchemy Index

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/6/15
smoke any confirmation from Li on the prototype vs production v2s insert?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobi01

2/2/19

Im the one who is opssesed with SELs and i cant help myself,small little gap or incorect recession always killing me,i cant not to look at it all the time,i ruined so many springbars with bending and experimenting and im never happy with it... im about year and a half in this rep world and will this ever end this opssesion? :-(

botsyboy

Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Sel fit on a Rolex is a big thing as they are very precise about it and as important as any other detail but other brands don’t make such a big deal of it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
smoke any confirmation from Li on the prototype vs production v2s insert?

He is not sure .why there are different I will hopefully get one of these s version soon

Reactions: KJ2020

The Alchemy Index

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/6/15
He is not sure .why there are different I will hopefully get one of these s version soon

Could just be pics, see above on the alleged V2S in real life pics, insert looks goos

Reactions: le_marc