• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF SUBMARINER V2 LN VS GEN PICTORIAL REVIEW!!!!!!!!!

shortlegs

31/5/19
d729e17288a3f8447cbcecfef09d1357.jpg
LOGO.jpg

Gen LN dial has a curved indentation in the center, around the hole for the cannon pinion. See photo above.

Gen LV dial does not have the curved indentation. The dial around the hole is flat. See photo above.

VaderTime

9/10/17
LOGO.jpg

Gen LN dial has a curved indentation in the center, around the hole for the cannon pinion. See photo above.

Gen LV dial does not have the curved indentation. The dial around the hole is flat. See photo above.

Thanks for the clarification!

is me or the “OYSTER PERPETUAL DATE” is thinner than Gen?

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

blurred_line

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/9/17
LOGO.jpg

Thanks for the explanation. This question has been bugging me for a while now. Can someone please clarify:
Is the picture above in shortlegs post of a GEN LN? In that case, does the GEN LN definitely have a curved indentation at the center of the dial? In that case, is the ZZF LN dial with the center indentation a true copy of the GEN?

Eggism

Horology Curious
27/11/08
My Gen 2012 LN has the indentation, can't say it's very pronounced on my one through

shortlegs

31/5/19
Thanks for the explanation. This question has been bugging me for a while now. Can someone please clarify:
Is the picture above in shortlegs post of a GEN LN? In that case, does the GEN LN definitely have a curved indentation at the center of the dial? In that case, is the ZZF LN dial with the center indentation a true copy of the GEN?

Yes it's present on gen. ZZF LN dial attempts to copy this, although there seems to be some variation on the size of the indentation. Most seem good, but I think some QC photos showed it as overly large.

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
There is a dent in portion at the centre for all the zzf v2 black dial.

however zzf v2 hulk, there is no such problem. Perfect rep dial at least for the hulk

Mate, indentation on black LN Dial is not a problem, its how it should be just like on any Black Dial Gen:)

Reactions: vcappp and up2wind

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
My Gen 2012 LN has the indentation, can't say it's very pronounced on my one through

All gens have it.my zzf v2 ln have it but its hardly visible you must have to tilt it in the correct light to be able to see the small indent.but like I said all my gens have this also it's how the dials are pressed

Reactions: vcappp and up2wind

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
I know, looks like we can throw a few pucks in there

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Ha, I did not notice that when looking at the photo yesterday. But my eyes are bad (I still think the Ploprof is one of the best watches ever made and nicely designed).
:)

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Mate, indentation on black LN Dial is not a problem, its how it should be just like on any Black Dial Gen:)

Yap, i will take back my words. But is the indentation wider than the gen?

Now i am waiting for v3 parts to swap. Hope zzf will improve the milky reflection on the dial, bezel teeth, 3D hands and thats abt it. The rest can be modded to gen parts and call it a day.

iang27

4/12/15
UK
Are these fitted with the more reliable 3135 movements rather than the one that seems to fail.

Conqueso

Known Member
22/10/17
Yes it's true all gens have the indentation in the centre , but you must have been lucky smoke , and had a good one as the two zzf I have bought have both got huge indentation in the centre , and it can be seen from all angles , which is not gen like at all , and is an extremely obvious tell
great review by the way smoke

Reactions: vcappp and Smoke

Kismet001

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/8/19
Great review ! Can´t wait for your take on the LV , ordered mine and looking forward comparing it to my 2016 gen

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
Yap, i will take back my words. But is the indentation wider than the gen?

Now i am waiting for v3 parts to swap. Hope zzf will improve the milky reflection on the dial, bezel teeth, 3D hands and thats abt it. The rest can be modded to gen parts and call it a day.

mate I think its at par with Gen, although only one pic I have seen here on forum where the indentation looked bit wider...but imo in all its good n comparable to gen:)

Last edited: