• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZZF SUBMARINER V2 LN VS GEN PICTORIAL REVIEW!!!!!!!!!

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Hi Smoke, thanks for the comparison! How does the Zzf face the gen in terms of finishing/brushing quality?

My gen is unpolished from factory. And the finish is better on the gen the lugs the finish you can see the brush lines easier.the bracelet brushing looks really close to gen just a bit more visible brush lines

Reactions: Kayatsu1

VaderTime

9/10/17
Depending on your v9 bro.if you have a new batch definitely swap for zzf case.if you have the super rare week 1/2 batch then keep that

Thanks Smoke! I don’t have the rare batch lol. But my V9 does have an ARF bracelet which I want to swap over as well. The downside is that I sold all the V9 parts when I swapped the gens over lol. So, now my dilemma is to either sell my V9 franken as is, and just get Gen crystal and dw for the ZZF, or part out the Gen and use what I want and sell the rest as parts, but my V9 3135 was serviced by Vac a few month ago too lol very hard to decide lol

Dreams watch

8/6/13
Glad you like it and you got 2 decent examples Smoke, happy to see my eyes aren’t deceiving me, the ZZF is the best out the box sub right now.

I bought mine just to see one in the flesh and because ARF started advertising the GMT was ready when it clearly wasn’t so I changed my order to the ZZF sub, was going to sell it but I’m so impressed I’m keeping it.

I have a spare V6s bezel at home that I might install on it due to the sharp teeth, I might try the SD43 wet and dry paper mod first though, got a prof crystal on the way too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you ever decide to sell let me know mate, fellow Aussie here! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
From Li to me. On day 3. Love that DHL delivery.
Pretty happy with it so far. Sel on this one has just a slight recess on all sides, but all even. Datewheel looks really good (which is what always bugs me when it’s off kilter, but a gen DW/hands/prof crystal are in the works). Colors look really good to me on both dial and insert (my first hulk, so I don’t have any other version for my comparison). Bracelet does need a good soak in some Rock N’ Roll, so I will do that tomorrow.

U2xtk.jpg

This one pretty much right with sun on it from the right

U2Fo3.jpg

U2Fo3.jpg

U2S0Y.jpg

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Enjoy looks good shout to li for his crazy fast shipping .

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
Enjoy looks good shout to li for his crazy fast shipping .
Thanks. I am curious to see how well the bracelet links “glide” after the Rock N’ Roll compared to the ARF bracelet. I was thinking of moving the ARF over to see how much the end link recesses change.

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Holy crap. How come the hulk model dial looks so diff from the black dial? I dont see any indentation on the dial!

Reactions: vcappp

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19

Loving mine. Knew you'd enjoy yours too!

This black dial indentation is obvious. But not the hulk version.

For Black dial, is there batch 1 and batch 2 for v2 model? Hulk dial, only batch 1?

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
smoke , thanks for your informative review of the LN. Looking forward to your review of the ZZF Hulk, (though I still prefer the BP Miyota dial because of its ability to go black) and have DIFFUSED --- as opposed to SHARP --- sunburst rays.

Last edited:

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Looking at the gen dial, there isn't an indentation either.

I am referring to zzf only. Of coz not gen. Look at zzf black dial. There is indentation. For zzf hulk dial, there is no indentation. Different batch huh

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
I am referring to zzf only. Of coz not gen. Look at zzf black dial. There is indentation. For zzf hulk dial, there is no indentation. Different batch huh

What indentation are you referring to? I ask as I am not sure of this referenced location on the dial.

shortlegs

31/5/19

:picard2:

The gen hulk dial has no indentation. So ZZF made it such that their hulk dial does not have an indentation too.

The LN dial and LV dials are different. It's not a batch issue.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
What indentation are you guys talking about ?

at the center hole ?

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Yup... the centre hole

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Ahhh OK

well on the green one the hole looks way to big to me

U2xtk.jpg

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
There is a dent in portion at the centre for all the zzf v2 black dial.

however zzf v2 hulk, there is no such problem. Perfect rep dial at least for the hulk