• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Official submariner zzfv2 hulk thread

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I'm reaching out to a td to see if they will send a review unit that I use for the forum then send it back after
I cant afford to buy one at the moment and want to review it whilst it's a fresh release

Hope you can get one, what's better than a review made by mister green?

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Yeah guys we need pics .has anyone ordered yet.?

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Can't wait to read more, we are dozens in line for the what might be either a total hoax... or the best Hulk rep ever !
0162b0f85db3e5d0a4711e610ca2d0d0.gif

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

the massakretor

23/8/13
Is it gonna be there a 2836 version?

I would gladly pay a few dollars less, and have a much more reliable movement. Even if that means a wrong crown position, I couldn't care less lmao

Inviato dal mio LM-G710 utilizzando Tapatalk

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Is it gonna be there a 2836 version?

I would gladly pay a few dollars less, and have a much more reliable movement. Even if that means a wrong crown position, I couldn't care less lmao

Inviato dal mio LM-G710 utilizzando Tapatalk

Probably at some point

jb3

17/4/17
USA
I'm nervous about the insert, no one has been able to really nail the color in low and bright light.

I had similar concerns before putting my order in but in all honesty not one factory has really nailed the color at this point. Same goes for the BLRO/BLNR which I have been watching/waiting for it to be right for a long ass time.

I think we sometimes fairly or unfairly use the LN as the comparison when it's generally stupid simple to get black right on an insert or dial (never mind the glossy vs. matte issues).

At the end of the day it's a rep and a fairly inexpensive rep before mods and what you can live with when wearing it. I personally have NEVER in my life run into someone wearing a Hulk Rolex...but I have seen dozens upon dozens of LN subs, GMT LN's, and a few Daytona's. I am not personally ever worried about someone trying to call me out wearing a rep and the percentage of people that would recognize a rep Hulk is probably so infinitely small that only people like us here on the forum even think about it lol =)

Now watch as soon as I get this damn thing I will run into a half dozen people wearing a Hulk Rolex...(not likely but I guess anything is possible)

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
There's a new Hulk on trusy times site but it's not labeled yet. The dial has the lettering of a BP dial.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
I had similar concerns before putting my order in but in all honesty not one factory has really nailed the color at this point. Same goes for the BLRO/BLNR which I have been watching/waiting for it to be right for a long ass time.

I think we sometimes fairly or unfairly use the LN as the comparison when it's generally stupid simple to get black right on an insert or dial (never mind the glossy vs. matte issues).

At the end of the day it's a rep and a fairly inexpensive rep before mods and what you can live with when wearing it. I personally have NEVER in my life run into someone wearing a Hulk Rolex...but I have seen dozens upon dozens of LN subs, GMT LN's, and a few Daytona's. I am not personally ever worried about someone trying to call me out wearing a rep and the percentage of people that would recognize a rep Hulk is probably so infinitely small that only people like us here on the forum even think about it lol =)

Now watch as soon as I get this damn thing I will run into a half dozen people wearing a Hulk Rolex...(not likely but I guess anything is possible)

In real life like face to face, I am convinced most Rolex owners would be entirely unable to identify a noob or ARF hulk over a gen Submariner. That is they can’t spit the difference between a rep or gen. In a casual environment that is. Certainly not with convincing confidence.

Even if they spot differences it’s nothing that can’t be explained as a difference in manufacture year. Not many people spend hours a day staring at watches the way we do and even if they do there is a difference between pics and the naked eye. And even if they do that, no one wants to “call anyone out” because there are potentially many negative consequences and like absolutly nothing to be gained from it.

I think we’re safe. I usually don’t make claims of authenticity myself (that is I don’t say to people “it’s real”) instead I have other things I say if the topic were to come up but even if I were to make those claims, I’d be completely confident no one would ever dispute it with reps of this level.