• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF GMT 116710 SH3186 photo review

lestorfreemon

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/2/19
QC photos above look great as far as I can tell.

The DW is very reminescent of the one I had on my ARF 116610. It looks worse in the QC pics than it does in person.

Reactions: maxik78

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
here some pictures with the crown fully screwed in and more date numbers

acmcc BiH855 Agree with you about DW and Xtal. I am really thinking about changing the DW... Will see them in real life and then I'll decide if I wanna change DW or Xtal)

31 and 6 dates look better, could be passable in the hand, the black hole on the xtal isn't great but it might not be that bad again in the hand! otherwise a prof xtal is a more economic option. I don't think you will find a better example from this batch so if this is the piece you want I'd accept it.

Reactions: m5smg2

shortlegs

31/5/19
I'm so excited for this release, but I can't understand for the life of me, how a big and successful factory like ARF can repeatedly get their DW so wrong.. First the sub, and now the GMT?

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I'm so excited for this release, but I can't understand for the life of me, how a big and successful factory like ARF can repeatedly get their DW so wrong.. First the sub, and now the GMT?

I’m with you. Same with my JF 16610, and wife’s DJ36.

So much time getting so many details right and the dw is always bold it seems. It’s such an easy fix compared to other flaws.
722c8a4785fb6cb4c75439d7658664eb.plist

lestorfreemon

14/2/19

It truly is baffling. I imagine that sales aren't too affected by these imperfections.

As long as they get 98% of the way there, then they seem to be fine with the outcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: m5smg2

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
ARF commissioned a big batch of 3135 dwo and will continue to use them until they’re all gone. Angus knows and has told them. God knows how many they still have

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
ARF commissioned a big batch of 3135 dwo and will continue to use them until they’re all gone. Angus knows and has told them. God knows how many they still have

I was about to say exactly this, it’s likely down to using up the spares before having better printed.

guysgr

12/10/18

I will wait for a new DW or else I will go for VRF

kloc123

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/11/17
Is is possible to do a Gen DW mod without a bigger problem??

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I don’t believe the batch story. Chinese can’t tell the difference between similar Roman fonts in the same way we can’t see much difference in Cantonese fonts. It’s a problem which isn’t going away fast. I’ve had product manufactured over there for 20 years - it’s always been a problem, not unique to date wheels in fake watches.

shortlegs

31/5/19
I don’t believe the batch story. Chinese can’t tell the difference between similar Roman fonts in the same way we can’t see much difference in Cantonese fonts. It’s a problem which isn’t going away fast. I’ve had product manufactured over there for 20 years - it’s always been a problem, not unique to date wheels in fake watches.

Not being able to appreciate the fine details of font variations is one thing, but not being able to recognise thickness of the font? It's like typing in bold but having no clue that they are doing so?

I honestly doubt they would replicate a watch to such exacting specifications to be similar to gen in so many ways, right down to the submilimeter, and yet NOT realise that they got the DW font thickness wrong. It's certain that they know the problem but for whatever monetary reason chose not to fix it.

Reactions: smegma and m5smg2

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Not being able to appreciate the fine details of font variations is one thing, but not being able to recognise thickness of the font? It's like typing in bold but having no clue that they are doing so?

I honestly doubt they would replicate a watch to such exacting specifications to be similar to gen in so many ways, right down to the submilimeter, and yet NOT realise that they got the DW font thickness wrong. It's certain that they know the problem but for whatever monetary reason chose not to fix it.

Its as I say, combined with them not really giving a shit.

wristonfire123

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/18
United Kingdom
I'm hoping they correct it on the next batch. I've got the ARF 116613 LB and the date font looks good to me. I've been told it's too thin but I cant tell.

I dont understand how they can produce one like this then go back to the extra bold font...

I've attached a photo of the date for reference.
5a3d756aaf984cecce19c1a00bca0d71.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

wristonfire123

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/18
United Kingdom
I'm hoping they correct it on the next batch. I've got the ARF 116613 LB and the date font looks good to me. I've been told it's too thin but I cant tell.

I dont understand how they can produce one like this then go back to the extra bold font...

Reactions: Hinclimincli

maxik78

Horology Curious
13/11/19

This DW looks amazing to me...compare to mine

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: wristonfire123