• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best OOTB Rolex Sub replica for an average guy

_tekken_

Looking Around
25/10/19
Hey! Wanna buy my first replica. I'm an average guy who doesn't want to franken or so. I just wanna buy a watch that's reliable, looks as much as possible like Gen sub.
I've done a little research and, to my mind, ARF is the best one for my needs. But I can't fully understand what movemnt and version I should choose. Version 2 has updated datewheel and I like it.
I'll really appreciate some recommendations

Thanx in advance

Last edited:

jmclr4

Horology Curious
24/8/19
Brooklyn NY
I am new to the forum as well. Please let me save you from 50 sarcastic replies. This forum has a wealth of Knowledge, I find myself spending more time here than on my fantasy football forum.
getting to the point before you post the magical question you are required as a member to search the forum for your answer first. This question has been addressed in more discussions than you can imagine.
Everybody on this forum is very helpful but asking this question is an insult to the forum.

kumquat_boy

Known Member
3/3/14
Asia
Yea movements can be a little confusing, took me a while to figure this out but this is my take on it. More of a basic summary without going through all the technicals. But read ard the forum more, I might not be the most accurate.

2824 - workhorse and best in my opinion but I hate that the dates are slightly aligned left, not smack middle of window. Also this is cheap to replace if spoilt

SA3135 - many members I read would try to avoid this. Problematic movement. Basically an modified 2824 to make aesthetically closer to a Rolex movement.

SH3135 - closest to a Rolex movement. Well centered datewheel. Expensive

Picking one depends on which areas you are more anal about. Like I would choose SH3135 because of the centered datewheel. But if you want a workhorse and you are ok with a your date slightly to the left, you can go for the 2824 movement. Sometimes you might get lucky with the date alignment on the 2824 as well. Hope this helps you decide.

kumquat_boy

Known Member
3/3/14
Asia
I am new to the forum as well. Please let me save you from 50 sarcastic replies. This forum has a wealth of Knowledge, I find myself spending more time here than on my fantasy football forum.
getting to the point before you post the magical question you are required as a member to search the forum for your answer first. This question has been addressed in more discussions than you can imagine.
Everybody on this forum is very helpful but asking this question is an insult to the forum.

Well said though. It’s good that someone does his homework before asking questions that have been discussed many times

Reactions: _tekken_

_tekken_

Looking Around
25/10/19
Yea movements can be a little confusing, took me a while to figure this out but this is my take on it. More of a basic summary without going through all the technicals. But read ard the forum more, I might not be the most accurate.

2824 - workhorse and best in my opinion but I hate that the dates are slightly aligned left, not smack middle of window. Also this is cheap to replace if spoilt

SA3135 - many members I read would try to avoid this. Problematic movement. Basically an modified 2824 to make aesthetically closer to a Rolex movement.

SH3135 - closest to a Rolex movement. Well centered datewheel. Expensive

Picking one depends on which areas you are more anal about. Like I would choose SH3135 because of the centered datewheel. But if you want a workhorse and you are ok with a your date slightly to the left, you can go for the 2824 movement. Sometimes you might get lucky with the date alignment on the 2824 as well. Hope this helps you decide.

thanks a lot for your understanding and advice

overall, 2824 ARF v2 or SH3135 ARF v2 are the options in your opinion?

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
If you want your rep close to gen, the SA/SH3135 will be your go to. But for reliability, the ETA2824/36 is the better choice since its stable even for a clone and parts are easier to source or you can just replace the whole movement with a gen ETA or another clone, its definitely cheaper as well.

I've had the ARF SD43 (i know you are looking for a sub), the finishing is great ootb, but of course some flaws. Both ARF and Noob have their own flaws, do read up the Noob V10 thread and ARF V2 thread, then decide what flaws you can live with.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: mew

_tekken_

Looking Around
25/10/19
If you want your rep close to gen, the SA/SH3135 will be your go to. But for reliability, the ETA2824/36 is the better choice since its stable even for a clone and parts are easier to source or you can just replace the whole movement with a gen ETA or another clone, its definitely cheaper as well.

I've had the ARF SD43 (i know you are looking for a sub), the finishing is great ootb, but of course some flaws. Both ARF and Noob have their own flaws, do read up the Noob V10 thread and ARF V2 thread, then decide what flaws you can live with.

Really appreciate, and one more question. I wonder about the datewheel font. Is it thick in 2824 version or they made it more thinner too in 2824 version?

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Really appreciate, and one more question. I wonder about the datewheel font. Is it thick in 2824 version or they made it more thinner too in 2824 version?
I believe you are asking between A2836 and SA3135 for noob, A2824 and SH3135 for ARF.

Noob does not have a datewheel issue, gen definitely still better but its the best you can get ootb imo.

As for ARF, yes and no, its luck of the draw. I had no issues on my SD43 datewheel, pretty gen like. As for the subs and DJ41s, some are thinner some fatter, odd.

I would really appreciate it if you would take the time to read up the various threads on subs. Be fair to the other members that take the time to read and contribute to this forum.

Last edited:

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Ive been collecting for 15 years and people still asking "who has the best sub"
Hahaha yeah mate, in a good mood, why not help. Then other new members won't do it, hopefully.

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
But, haven't you noticed the more and more "sophisticated way" of asking WHTBS? :gotgoat:
Judging by the replies, im no expert but clearly no "search function" done.

kumquat_boy

Known Member
3/3/14
Asia

Similar to what Saxo said. It’s comes down to luck when it comes to the date font. Either way, the TDs will pass you some QC photos before they send it out. As long as you are happy with them, you are good to go.

WRAPPSWISS

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/7/19
I got the noob v10 3135 movment. so far still working 3 days after receiving it :)

_tekken_

Looking Around
25/10/19
I decided to stick with ARF. Done some "search function' but can't fully understand are there ant differences in appearance between ARF 2824 and 3135v2 except the movement and the date that is slightly to the left or they're the models but with different movements

Reactions: Rolemars