• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rep Rolex Serial Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magna_Graecia

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/10/19
Lol I give up..

You don't have to agree with my viewpoint, but nobody can argue that it doesn't make sense. Are you really going to argue that it takes anywhere near as much experience to call out a rep serial # sequence as it does to call out miniscule flaws, especially without having a gen side-by-side to compare with? If you are, then you're just doing it because "oh look an October join-date noob, I'm gonna bash him even though his viewpoint makes complete sense just because, well, he's a noob!"

Reactions: Yadda Yadda

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I've just read this thread from start to finish. I've consequently read several times about the 'obvious tell' with the ARF serial numbers. However I have already forgotten what the ARF serial numbers start and end with. However the visual tells on a sub will live with me forever.

Magna_Graecia

6/10/19
I've just read this thread from start to finish. I've consequently read several times about the 'obvious tell' with the ARF serial numbers. However I have already forgotten what the ARF serial numbers start and end with. However the visual tells on a sub will live with me forever.

I hear ya! If you've studied the flaws enough, then they become ingrained and like second-hand nature to spot. It's like learning to ride a bike. You never forget once it's ingrained, but I feel like someone completely new to this forum or the rep scene in general will have a much easier time learning and subsequently spotting a rep serial # sequence than gaining the knowledge required to notice miniscule flaws, especially in person where you likely won't have a gen to compare with side-by-side. Thanks for weighing in!

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
You don't need to keep track of it. All you need to know is that ARF Sub-C's begin with 9 and end with J2R0. Anyone that knows enough of what to look for to spot the miniscule flaws that the forum constantly points out on reps is going to know enough to know the serial sequences, like Smoke. I saw a post from Smoke that said there's something neat about having a truly random serial on your rep just like gen, and I would agree. Anyone that won't spot your serial as being a well-known rep sequence also won't spot the fact that the tip of the "R" on the bezel of the V2 Noob 116500 is more pointy instead of round like gen. I would honestly spot a serial well-before I spotted a flaw that tiny. That's all I'm saying.

You’d notice the wrong color of the bezel paint waaaaaay before noticing the serial number, so there is no reason to worry about that, it’s really the last problem, if you even regard it as such

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: tripdog

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
It's not going around in circles, you're just not willing to accept someone else's point of view. You have tunnel vision and only see your way as the right way. What I said is accurate. You need to have quite a bit of experience to unconditionally spot miniscule flaws on reps, especially without having a gen side-by-side to compare with, and believe it or not, even gens can have flaws. I remember reading a post on here that stated "If gen buyers received macro QC photos from dealers, they would never sell any watches!" I 100% agree with that sentiment. Look at a gen under macro and you're probably going to notice some things that can appear funky. That being said, how much experience do you need to spot a rep serial # sequence? NONE! You learn it 1 time and now you can spot it every single time without a doubt. No need for right lighting, right angles, or having a gen to compare with side-by-side. You see a serial that goes 9-randomnumbers-J2R0? It's fake!

Listen to me.

You are in my section - the Rolex section.

You've just got here, yet you are arguing with the entire forum about what is and what isn't the biggest tell.

If you want to put up these types of threads dedicated to mental masturbation then that's fine - enjoy yourself, but don't accuse me of having tunnel vision - there was more Rolex knowledge in the bowel movement I had this morning than you'll ever have in your entire body - ever.

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
It's not going around in circles, you're just not willing to accept someone else's point of view. You have tunnel vision and only see your way as the right way. What I said is accurate. You need to have quite a bit of experience to unconditionally spot miniscule flaws on reps, especially without having a gen side-by-side to compare with, and believe it or not, even gens can have flaws. I remember reading a post on here that stated "If gen buyers received macro QC photos from dealers, they would never sell any watches!" I 100% agree with that sentiment. Look at a gen under macro and you're probably going to notice some things that can appear funky. That being said, how much experience do you need to spot a rep serial # sequence? NONE! You learn it 1 time and now you can spot it every single time without a doubt. No need for right lighting, right angles, or having a gen to compare with side-by-side. You see a serial that goes 9-randomnumbers-J2R0? It's fake!

tripdog is a very experienced Rolex frankenmeister. He's seen a lot of gens, reps and frankens. He knows what he is talking about. The chances someone will notice the serial number is one in a million.

ussdassein

USD Plating
Supporting Vendor
19/2/16
You’d notice the wrong color of the bezel paint waaaaaay before noticing the serial number, so there is no reason to worry about that, it’s really the last problem, if you even regard it as such

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

For this problem you can find help ;)

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I hear ya! If you've studied the flaws enough, then they become ingrained and like second-hand nature to spot. It's like learning to ride a bike. You never forget once it's ingrained, but I feel like someone completely new to this forum or the rep scene in general will have a much easier time learning and subsequently spotting a rep serial # sequence than gaining the knowledge required to notice miniscule flaws, especially in person where you likely won't have a gen to compare with side-by-side. Thanks for weighing in!

You tell ‘em junior. tripdog doesn’t know sh!t about Rolex reps.

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS

Why are we focusing on the flaws? Why can't we admire the quality of the piece?

I am really curious how your spouse looks like. Does your spouse meet the criteria of your imaginary perfect partner? What happen when your spouse goodies start to sag and wrinkly? Are you going to get a replacement?

Reactions: Tucker and tripdog

Magna_Graecia

6/10/19
Listen to me.

You are in my section - the Rolex section.

You've just got here, yet you are arguing with the entire forum about what is and what isn't the biggest tell.

If you want to put up these types of threads dedicated to mental masturbation then that's fine - enjoy yourself, but don't accuse me of having tunnel vision - there was more Rolex knowledge in the bowel movement I had this morning than you'll ever have in your entire body - ever.

So what? You're threatening to abuse your authority against me because you spoke to me in a derogatory manner simply because you didn't agree with my viewpoint, and I responded in kind? I doubt the few people in this thread represent the entire forum, but that's just me, and I've even had some that understand my viewpoint, even if they don't agree with it. (I received likes). You don't need to agree with me, but don't tell me that there's more Rolex knowledge in your bowel movement than I'll ever have in my entire body. That's just insulting, especially since you don't know me. What, you think being a Rolex section mod on a rep forum is the end-all to credentials as far as Rolex knowledge goes? So a Swiss watchmaker of 50 years experience in working on Rolex watches joins the site tomorrow and suddenly you know more than him because he just joined? Logic I guess.

I joined this community to share in common discussion and debate of a civilized manner. If it's going to be this toxic then I'll just leave. I don't absolutely NEED to be here. I've lurked the forum for years and can continue to use it as a source of knowledge without posting. I simply joined to become a part of the community, but this is not a good way to welcome someone. Believe it or not, this site needs new members more than new members need it. Members are the lifeblood of the site. Like I said, you don't need to agree with me, but you also don't need to be derogatory and insulting. If this is how the authority on the site are allowed to behave and carry themselves, then perhaps it's not the place for me. There are other forums.

Reactions: Yadda Yadda

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
So what? You're threatening to abuse your authority against me because you spoke to me in a derogatory manner simply because you didn't agree with my viewpoint, and I responded in kind? I doubt the few people in this thread represent the entire forum, but that's just me, and I've even had some that understand my viewpoint, even if they don't agree with it. (I received likes). You don't need to agree with me, but don't tell me that there's more Rolex knowledge in your bowel movement than I'll ever have in my entire body. That's just insulting, especially since you don't know me. What, you think being a Rolex section mod on a rep forum is the end-all to credentials as far as Rolex knowledge goes? So a Swiss watchmaker of 50 years experience in working on Rolex watches joins the site tomorrow and suddenly you know more than him because he just joined? Logic I guess.

I joined this community to share in common discussion and debate of a civilized manner. If it's going to be this toxic then I'll just leave. I don't absolutely NEED to be here. I've lurked the forum for years and can continue to use it as a source of knowledge without posting. I simply joined to become a part of the community, but this is not a good way to welcome someone. Believe it or not, this site needs new members more than new members need it. Members are the lifeblood of the site. Like I said, you don't need to agree with me, but you also don't need to be derogatory and insulting. If this is how the authority on the site are allowed to behave and carry themselves, then perhaps it's not the place for me. There are other forums.

Another millennial pissing his panties because nobody will say he's right.

No threats here, only action.

Thread closed.

Reactions: daytona4me

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Ok, so what has happened here is that the author felt he had some deep revelation that he thought people would rally behind and say "great observation" however, he misjudged what people really care about. He tried, it's just not that important, and like most humans he's trying to save face.

Status
Not open for further replies.