• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Fair enough the 6 has no speed bumps but the 18 transition is still a mile away and an instant tell!

Also note, like the ARF sub...this is the first time I’ve seen a type of platinum sparkle to the insert. Hence, the macro shot. The insert will never be gen but Noob May have hit it. We just need a gen comparison mk3. The transition starts halfway on my watch on the 18, which is wrong but no speed bump also.

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
Lets hope so, your paying a large premium for the bezel insert! be nice if it was close to the 45 min/second marker, I have a gen waiting for collection and was thinking of getting one of these to do a full review but I think I'll wait for this to be corrected, I'll do the Omega spectre next, and come back to this when its closer.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Lets hope so, your paying a large premium for the bezel insert! be nice if it was close to the 45 min/second marker, I have a gen waiting for collection and was thinking of getting one of these to do a full review but I think I'll wait for this to be corrected, I'll do the Omega spectre next, and come back to this when its closer.

It’s not in noobs favor to get things better on a version. They release there best then it goes down hill..at least that’s their history. You have a gen Pepsi BLRO? Post up a pict so we can compare!

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
It’s not in noobs favor to get things better on a version. They release there best then it goes down hill..at least that’s their history. You have a gen Pepsi BLRO? Post up a pict so we can compare!

That’s not fully true. They keep improving on Daytonas.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Doesn’t matter if I created it or not. I’m pushing for a direction...Don’t post your QC Picts here. If you have a real issue with your watch, make a new thread about the issue. This thread should be about the New Noob Pepsi reviews..meaning comparison, movement reliabilities, positives, negatives, and known issues...If I’m looking to buy one it should help me decide if it’s for me or not. I don’t think that’s hard to ask and keeps moving it forward to help all...not just one person on his QC pict. God forbid it become like the ARF and V9 threads where the content gets dissolved.

Unfortunately that’s the way the Rolex section has been going for a while, completely down hill.

There’s a new wave of members over the last 12 months that don’t read the rules or just don’t care to abide by them. Everyday someone new is posting QC pictures, then a few weeks later they are an expert demanding gen quality for 1/20th of the price. Almost every thread is infected by this constant drivel of are my subdials really the thin subdials, is my dial a v2.222 or is the stainless steel ARF I’m buying the same weight as gen. Then there is the point scoring exercise of pointing out flaws first, 99 times out of 100 someone has already pointed out these flaws so the same shit is repeated over and over.

With the trend of youtubers doing high production videos of reps like the noob Daytona, it’s only going to get worse, more casuals looking for a rep to pass of as gen will flock here and so more white noise in every thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I agree it doesn’t matter who started a thread. We’re a community. We’re here to help each other. We share ideas, comments and opinions. We all contribute and we all benefit. That’s the spirit of an open forum.

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Unfortunately that’s the way the Rolex section has been going for a while, completely down hill.

There’s a new wave of members over the last 12 months that don’t read the rules or just don’t care to abide by them. Everyday someone new is posting QC pictures, then a few weeks later they are an expert demanding gen quality for 1/20th of the price. Almost every thread is infected by this constant drivel of are my subdials really the thin subdials, is my dial a v2.222 or is the stainless steel ARF I’m buying the same weight as gen. Then there is the point scoring exercise of pointing out flaws first, 99 times out of 100 someone has already pointed out these flaws so the same shit is repeated over and over.

With the trend of youtubers doing high production videos of reps like the noob Daytona, it’s only going to get worse, more casuals looking for a rep to pass of as gen will flock here and so more white noise in every thread

Your are correct my friend. It’s exciting seeing the new stuff come out as they get better and better for quality. But you’re right as the cycle goes round and round and round.

Reactions: KJ2020

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Also note, like the ARF sub...this is the first time I’ve seen a type of platinum sparkle to the insert. Hence, the macro shot. The insert will never be gen but Noob May have hit it. We just need a gen comparison mk3. The transition starts halfway on my watch on the 18, which is wrong but no speed bump also.

Yes your macro shots speak for themselves. The bezel engraving fill looks like a powder coating not a coat of paint. And the metallic “platinum” color looks gen close also.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Your are correct my friend. It’s exciting seeing the new stuff come out as they get better and better for quality. But you’re right as the cycle goes round and round and round.

It’s so exciting to see how far things have come. Two new GMT 3186 movements in one day has blown my mind. The Noob 4130 changed the game completely.

I’m looking forward to 2030, Noob have cloned the Audemars Piguet minute repeater, new member DildoSchwaggins69 has pointed out that the engraving on the movement is still too shallow and an instant tell, totally “calloutable” and therefore we must wait until v2 before spending our hard earned $1000, for 1/325 the cost of gen they should just get it right

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
It’s so exciting to see how far things have come. Two new GMT 3186 movements in one day has blown my mind. The Noob 4130 changed the game completely.

I’m looking forward to 2030, Noob have cloned the Audemars Piguet minute repeater, new member DildoSchwaggins69 has pointed out that the engraving on the movement is still too shallow and an instant tell, totally “calloutable” and therefore we must wait until v2 before spending our hard earned $1000, for 1/325 the cost of gen they should just get it right

Hell yes!

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
Not all of them. Some have the correct lower 18 split. I imagine it will get more consistent. I can’t see it on my wrist, just on a screen. Not bad for a first attempt I think.

This ^. There are some that have a very high transition point on the 18, which could be the newer batch. Not sure.

Last edited:

topreplika

6/2/17
0419efe0fbfc611bae3e3095c1770d11.jpg