• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob BLRO pepsi bezel fit in GMF?

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Quick date pic. Not a bad DW imo.
GMF has a really nice cyclops - its a bit shiny, but has that halo which ARF / Noob don't seem to have.

IMG-1891.jpg

debating the gmf Pepsi or the new Noob timebomb. Did you upgrade to prof xtal? Is it necessary?

rockdaytona

Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
It is, but it's 116719 - PCL oyster bracelet instead of the jubilee. Also when GMF first released these the inserts were aluminum. The pics look like an aluminum insert.

KJ would you recommend the older ichs gmf Pepsi?
I’ve got the Noob timebomb on order (no QC yet) but reading this is making me rethink it. Would you even consider the upcoming GMF v3 Pepsi?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ would you recommend the older ichs gmf Pepsi?
I’ve got the Noob timebomb on order (no QC yet) but reading this is making me rethink it. Would you even consider the upcoming GMF v3 Pepsi?

GMF has not released or announced a V3 Pepsi that I know of. If they do, it will likely have the same Pepsi ceramic insert that the current GMF 2824 CHS and 2836 ICHS have. These inserts are OK, I happen to like them but the colors are not close to gen like the Noob is. If you want the best insert, you have to buy the Noob and light the timebomb fuse. Maybe it won't go off while you own it, haha. I have both.

Noob

15831388006062.jpg

GMF (blue dial)

nNLcQ.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rockdaytona

rockdaytona

Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
GMF has not released or announced a V3 Pepsi that I know of. If they do, it will likely have the same Pepsi ceramic insert that the current GMF 2824 CHS and 2836 ICHS have. These inserts are OK, I happen to like them but the colors are not close to gen like the Noob is. If you want the best insert, you have to buy the Noob and light the timebomb fuse. Maybe it won't go off while you own it, haha. I have both.

Noob

15831388006062.jpg

GMF (blue dial)

nNLcQ.jpg

Which one do you wear my often? Did you upgrade crystal in either one? Li tells me v3 Pepsi gmf is coming:
“Yes, GMF V3 pepsi is coming, with a clone 3186 movement.”

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Which one do you wear my often? Did you upgrade crystal in either one? Li tells me v3 Pepsi gmf is coming:
“Yes, GMF V3 pepsi is coming, with a clone 3186 movement.”

I rotate all my watches equally. No crystal swaps. GMF Pepsi will not have a new insert, it will be just like in my blue dial pic, which isn't horrible it just isn't gen-like.

Reactions: rockdaytona

rockdaytona

Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
I rotate all my watches equally. No crystal swaps. GMF Pepsi will not have a new insert, it will be just like in my blue dial pic, which isn't horrible it just isn't gen-like.

I’ll roll the dice with the time bomb then because it seems more gen like. To my untrained eye the lighter gmf shades are more pleasing. Time bomb has chance to be quite expensive if movement fails plus Prof xtal

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I’ll roll the dice with the time bomb then because it seems more gen like. To my untrained eye the lighter gmf shades are more pleasing. Time bomb has chance to be quite expensive if movement fails plus Prof xtal

The movement can be repaired, or replaced with an ICHS one

Swap CHS to ICHS

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
For those worried about the Noob Pepsi, I can speak from experience of having owned several copies. Even if ARF releases a Pepsi, it would have to be pretty extraordinary to make me want to get rid of my Noob.

nNFTL.jpg

nNG0R.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
For those worried about the Noob Pepsi, I can speak from experience of having owned several copies. Even if ARF releases a Pepsi, it would have to be pretty extraordinary to make me want to get rid of my Noob.

nNFTL.jpg

nNG0R.jpg

A stellar sample bro.

rockdaytona

Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown

nNFTL.jpg

nNG0R.jpg

OldNavitimer Stunning is that factory xtal or did you upgrade to prof or gen

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Some guys have installed vR movements in the noobs and it works by using a movement holder. This is my noob with gen xstal and gmf dial.

Reactions: KJ2020

CaptTango1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/1/20
United States
Some guys have installed vR movements in the noobs and it works by using a movement holder. This is my noob with gen xstal and gmf dial.

Gorgeous watch, question.. Why change the dial from noob to GMF? I closely inspected both with a loop and I seem to think that the noob's detail was excellent, the GMF seemed little rougher. Can you elaborate? Thanks.

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
I can’t see doing a whole lot of detail-based mods or frankening to the noob Pepsi, mainly because the bezel insert is so obviously wrong at the 18 mark. I looooove my Pepsi, don’t get me wrong. I wear it a lot. But why sweat the minutiae when there’s an 800-lb elephant in the room?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Gorgeous watch, question.. Why change the dial from noob to GMF? I closely inspected both with a loop and I seem to think that the noob's detail was excellent, the GMF seemed little rougher. Can you elaborate? Thanks.

6 and 9 markers on GMF is closer to gen..smaller in diameter. Dial on noob is awesome..unfortunately like most noob dials..they run on the thick side. Lume is 10x better on noob. My GMF dial lume is very blotchy and weak. I can swap out markers but why..i just ordered extra dial on the side and swapped when I received the watch.

Reactions: CaptTango1

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I can’t see doing a whole lot of detail-based mods or frankening to the noob Pepsi, mainly because the bezel insert is so obviously wrong at the 18 mark. I looooove my Pepsi, don’t get me wrong. I wear it a lot. But why sweat the minutiae when there’s an 800-lb elephant in the room?

yup i agree, why buy a hulk watch when 100% of them are wrong with dial and insert color..you can spot a mile away?? Same goes for Batman. Everyone has their favorites and poison. To me it's the best made Pepsi at the moment and I made a goal of spending less than a certain amount to create the best pepsi. You need eagle eyes to see it the little color spill..GMF insert..you can see the glued two pieces and the white line that separates both colors and the font is wrong vs gen...let alone the speed bump. Lesser of the evil I guess..and the newer Pepsi's that are being released to the AD's all have that dark putrid brownish color to them. Believe you me..Noob is over charging like a mug. I only bought one because of the insert. Other than that, there are better watches out there. The good news is you can replace the time bomb for ICHS or better yet the VRF with a $10 movement holder. Hands need to be replaced also but it's a straight drop in. I don't really ever use the calendar date swap and so I use the watch like a sub. So far it's been running strong. The hour hand did lag for a moment but my BRO Kj2020 did the arm mod to it and it runs like a champ.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldNavitimer