• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Quick Review of ZZF New 114060 No Date Submariner VS Gen

HWatch

Known Member
19/3/19
What i heard from Li they have fixed the liquid dial. (Anyone know if this is correct?) And also he said he has a bunch of stock so the wait is over i pressume?

Reactions: LaPavel

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Does this have dial Indentation problem or not? I’ve ordered the regular 2836 that’s been advertised as new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
what are the crown guards and crown height on this model?
Gen like or not?

ross29

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/10/09
I just received mine. I'l try and upload some pictures tomorrow if I get a chance. I have to say I'm very pleased with mine. The bezel is the most solid I've felt, like a tank with a solid click. I have an ARF Franken with Gen Bezel assembly, but for some reason this feels more solid. Can't explain that. Maybe click springs? Mine were supposedly gen as well, I gues I'll have to look into that more. But this bezel is awesome, the numbers are a little thinner and the pearl is a little darker than the gen, but unless you'r right next to a Gen you'd be hard pressed to tell any difference I suppose. The color is very close. The indents around the indices are not visible and I've been trying to spot them, but it looks good. There is however, a subtle indent around the center hole where the hands are. Only noticeable at a very close distance at certain angles.

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
I just received mine. I'l try and upload some pictures tomorrow if I get a chance. I have to say I'm very pleased with mine. The bezel is the most solid I've felt, like a tank with a solid click. I have an ARF Franken with Gen Bezel assembly, but for some reason this feels more solid. Can't explain that. Maybe click springs? Mine were supposedly gen as well, I gues I'll have to look into that more. But this bezel is awesome, the numbers are a little thinner and the pearl is a little darker than the gen, but unless you'r right next to a Gen you'd be hard pressed to tell any difference I suppose. The color is very close. The indents around the indices are not visible and I've been trying to spot them, but it looks good. There is however, a subtle indent around the center hole where the hands are. Only noticeable at a very close distance at certain angles.

Thanks for the review. Any picture?

ross29

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/10/09
OK, I have a few minutes before I leave for a meeting. First, I am no photographer and I'm using a very old phone so the pictures aren't the greatest quality, but hopefully good enough. To give you an idea of what you are looking at - The ARF is mostly Gen, with Gen Dial, hands, DW, Bezel assembly and insert, and crown. I did purchase an extra ARF bracelet for this, which I'm happy I did. Not mounted yet. The ZZF bracelet 'looks' OK, but the quality is obviously lacking when held against an ARF bracelet. Any way, a few quick pictures I took to show one of my brothers, the others I attempted this morning, but it is overcast this morning so maybe better pictures later on if I get another chance. It is a damn shame about ARF's case shape. I love ARF for their quality fit and finish, but those lugs are just horrible. Very obvious next to this ZZF. On to the pics -

Vqufg6.jpg

Vqulah.jpg

VquN10.jpg

VqugoD.jpg

VquSWU.jpg

VquYh8.jpg

Vqudc3.jpg

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Thanks for the pics, Seems the green hands have been fixed? The dial marker indents not present, it’s got hour marker surrounds the best on any rep other than old Bp dials.

I agree with you, despite the case flaws all ARF watches give You that “oh this is nice” thought when you open them up. They look gen like in finish and are the only reps I belive that could pass for gen on first look: Never had the same from a noob or a VRF.

Mvmtaddict

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/19
What i heard from Li they have fixed the liquid dial. (Anyone know if this is correct?) And also he said he has a bunch of stock so the wait is over i pressume?

I’m communicating with Li and he told me the same info. The liquid/wrap dial problem seems to be old news. He assured me the dials have been fixed now.

Last edited:

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
a7ed4468a47cc3318ed1ce37926f94ca.jpg

This one is on its way ^^

My best mates 2018 Gen below

134cd50646348f33302e5ab3f97a45a3.jpg

Will try get them together over Xmas

Last edited:

ross29

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/10/09
I'm hoping to get a gen insert for mine, but that's probably all I'll be doing on this one. Other than the ARF bracelet. Im thinking of using the V2 case for my Franken now while I wait for a gen case set since it makes the ARF look stumpy in comparison.

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
I received my ZZF 114060 today, and I have to say the quality is very nice. The clasp has a nice feel, the overall built quality is nice, weight is also good, bracelt is imo good as well and has a nice construction feel. The adjustable lenght clasp is excellent.
The only thing I do not like is the insert and the perl, which feel a bit cheap imo. Overall rating 7.5/10

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
I received my ZZF 114060 today, and I have to say the quality is very nice. The clasp has a nice feel, the overall built quality is nice, weight is also good, bracelt is imo good as well and has a nice construction feel. The adjustable lenght clasp is excellent.
The only thing I do not like is the insert and the perl, which feel a bit cheap imo. Overall rating 7.5/10

Pics please, nice daylight ones if possible

lfarcos

Renowned Member
30/4/16

Hi mate
Could you please join some pics of your 114060 ZZF v2 with us?
Thanks in advance

lfarcos

Renowned Member
30/4/16

Hi mate
Could you please join some pics of your 114060 ZZF v2 with us?
Thanks in advance

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
I don’t like the hands, they look rather flat.

But apart from that, the rep looks fantastic!