• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just in - BP 16613LB

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So it looks like BP has recently released a whole bunch of 5 digit Subs. I use TSWatch a lot to look around and then send the link of a watch I want to my TD. TSWatch is NOT a TD, do not buy from them as they sell PWS only (Purchase Without Service) meaning once they ship they are off the hook. Lost, stolen, seized, DOA, whatever it's your baby. But they have arguably the best collection of currently available reps, each with plenty of good pics. If a watch is no longer available, they quickly remove it from their website.

Here's the link I sent to my TD

https://www.ts-station.cn/goods.php?ProId=13891

The watch arrived today. I like it a lot, I will probably get another with a different dial, maybe FG, maybe SS. YES they have a 5 digit SS. Look around on TSW at Sub BP, you can find them all. Perfectionists will nit pick it to death I'm sure but for under $300 it's a solid rep that can scratch a lot of 5 digit itches.

Here's some pics

VTtTXD.jpg

VTtgr6.jpg

VTtNis.jpg

VTtSw0.jpg

VTtFIh.jpg

A couple of flaws right off the bat - the insert is a nice flat 4 TT but it came to me with some paint flaking off around the 25 mark. I thought it was dust and used some rodico on it and more paint came off. So I'll be looking for a replacement insert soon. Maybe a one-off or a bad batch, IDK.

BP never gives enough links, this is no exception. The bracelet is an accurate 93250 with the correct quick release extension link setup. However this forces you to leave 2 entire links housed in the clasp and there was NO WAY to configure it to make it fit my 7.25" wrist without using an SS clasp link from a spare I had. You can see in the next pic where those two links reside and how much shorter the bracelet would be if using that arrangement. I have a bracelet puller and will be pulling the extension link apart, so I should be able to replace the SS add-on with one of the TT links when it's done. I didn't want to get into that right away - I was too pissed that I couldn't wear it right away without jury rigging it.

VTthpF.jpg

VTtd7r.jpg

VTt7xU.jpg

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Man, that's awesome!
I think i will also get another two or three versions of this watch :)

For comparison here's my new BP with the traditional blue dial:

IMG-20190712-104548.jpg

IMG-20190712-104337.jpg

Love the blue dial one too. I might get a black and gold also. Your insert looks fine, guess I just got a bad one. You got 10 1/2 links, not counting the SELs or the two useless ones in the clasp?

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Always loved this in gen though, really nice rep.

VTaUpD.jpg

Nice peice! I see it's an eta version (2836) how is the stem height in comparison to a 2824 case sub?

It would definitely serve nice as a cheaper daily, does it except gen parts?! Crystal, insert, ect.

nice peice bro cheers!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Nice peice! I see it's an eta version (2836) how is the stem height in comparison to a 2824 case sub?

It would definitely serve nice as a cheaper daily, does it except gen parts?! Crystal, insert, ect.

nice peice bro cheers!

Thanks bro, I'm liking it!

Stem height is lower of course but the crown is nicely centered on the side profile. It doesn't look offset at all like some do.

I haven't tried any parts replacements yet, we'll see. You know how BP can be!

VTtNis.jpg

Saulgman

Certified
21/9/16
Nice purchase. Great rep for the price.

The DW looks really great - incredible that other makers can't make it look this good :p

Reactions: stufuse and KJ2020

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Thanks bro, I'm liking it!

Stem height is lower of course but the crown is nicely centered on the side profile. It doesn't look offset at all like some do.

I haven't tried any parts replacements yet, we'll see. You know how BP can be!

VTtNis.jpg

Yea it certainly does look good on the crown side and all around for that factor. If it dont except gen parts it still looks great for the price point for sure snd using eta base movement cant go wrong

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
What other 5 digits have they knocked out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just looked at the Subs recently bro. There are 3 TT, 3 FG blues. Champagne and slate serti and blue dial. Then there is a black and gold TT and FG, and a black and a blue SS.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Oh wow, they have been busy. Your rep is nice. I’ll ask sead about sourcing me a TT black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
My first 5 digit was a BP and it came with a Miyota in it, really nice watch for the price, there are some photos still around in one thread I posted a couple of years ago.

I still prefer these fellas to the JF ones, actually. The overall finish used to be slightly better on the JF, but these are quite close, and sport either Miyota or ETA clone (well, I even managed to get one with real Swiss ETA, actually).

I'm waiting for an Ocean Rover 2 and this might scratch my 5 digit itch, actually. Hello holiday watch, haha! Thanks a lot for the reconnaissance work and for posting the photos and review mate, nice job!

Seefeld

Proud supporter
Supporter
Certified
22/10/18
Thank you for sharing also this review about another 5 digit! Nice discover. All these new Bp (althought I am not able to find all of them on ts site) look gorgeous, my only thoughts are on plated parts will they last ?