• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mods suggestions: ARF 126600 SD43 franken

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
Looks good!

How much of the bezel was shaved?

If the thickness was reduced I’d be worried the ceramic insert would not be able to be pressed in securely.

It's not shaved from the top, but from the side.

Its reduced by 1mm.

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
Looking good as arf teeth were still wrong on v3. Only Noob got them correct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine is same spec as noob now.

(mine on top - and ar v3 on the bottom)

71043539_1119721061750726_2109091309003210752_n.jpg

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Imo it's a very big tell.

So yeah, I'm very happy with it.

Haha you say that but it really isn't. We do these modifications because it pleases us and we know there is a fault/flaw in the replica. Reality is 95% don't even notice you wearing a watch. Thanks to the abundance of fashion watches. Which is a blessing in some regards and a curse in others. Of the remaining 5% only 1% would be enthusiast level... where they would know the difference. And even then... they'd probably need the genuine article next to the replica and a bit of time.

Reality... noone is going to notice the bezel difference on the teeth not in a million years. But... if it makes you happy, then do it. That's what this game is about... Im doing the same thing... I'm replacing a DJ41 dial with the Gen article and truth be told... there's little to no difference. But it will make me feel better! haha it really is a form of mental illness this watch game! haha :) anyway good luck with the rest of your mods and I'll watch it as it progresses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warrcraft

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
Haha you say that but it really isn't. We do these modifications because it pleases us and we know their is a fault/flaw in the replica. Reality is 95% don't even notice you wearing a watch. Thanks to the abundance of fashion watches. Which is a blessing in some regards and a curse in others. Of the remaining 5% only 1% would be enthusiast level... where they would know the difference. And even then... they'd probably need the genuine article next to the replica and a bit of time.

Reality... noone is going to notice the bezel difference on the teeth not in a million years. But... if it makes you happy, then do it. That's what this game is about... Im doing the same thing... I'm replacing a DJ41 dial with the Gen article and truth be told... there's little to no difference. But it will make me feel better! haha it really is a form of mental illness this watch game! haha :) anyway good luck with the rest of your mods and I'll watch it as it progresses.

I'm really picky, but that's what makes building frankens fun!

I enjoy the pieces I'm building.
I know people dont give a f*** - but I do.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I'm really picky, but that's what makes building frankens fun!

I enjoy the pieces I'm building.
I know people dont give a f*** - but I do.

End of the day, if it makes you happy. Go for it! More power to you and it can be enjoyable so I understand. And yeah I agree Franken projects are fun and part of getting a franken passable is great... but just remember to enjoy it and noone cares whats on your wrist (outside of this circle).

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
End of the day, if it makes you happy. Go for it! More power to you and it can be enjoyable so I understand. And yeah I agree Franken projects are fun and part of getting a franken passable is great... but just remember to enjoy it and noone cares whats on your wrist (outside of this circle).

Wise words!

We wear our watches with pride.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Great specs! Though I wouldn’t mess with the bezel it’s very close. Gen on top ARF bottom.
b219590265cf3e310b588dce107a76d2.jpg

Is that a Brushed finish on the top part of the ARF versus polished on the Gen?

Hazing

9/5/19

Outside of the circle, I always compare it to eyeglasses or sunglasses. That is with the general population. That is, if you’re wearing glasses people notice and maybe even think “oh that person is wearing glasses”. But there is almost no chance (unless you sell or make or mod glass) that you’re going to notice anything about them. Whether it’s about the prescription or the tint or the frame. Other than “oh glasses!” No thought goes into it.

Maybe occasionally if you see someone with a pair of weird or nice Versace or Chanel, you might be suddenly aware of the brand but for the most part, you wear those glasses for you and you alone. No one cares if it is a pair from sears, pearl vision, or a boutique. And you’d be hard pressed to find someone who knows whether they’re invisilight, Armani, Versace or sears brand or Ray Ban, never mind someone who can distinguish between authentic ray ban and rep ray ban.

Reactions: Sonofalich

Hazing

9/5/19
LuoIsBoss nice. I’m glad you posted that. I know the mark 1 dial is more desirable from a Rolex perspective, bit I really like the mark II dial a lot more. And I’m glad you posted a pic. Whenc9mpar8ng it to the noob, I see how good of a job they did on it.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Yeah. I also prefer mk-II dial (because no one replicates it).

But the color of this gen dial - is so fkn beautiful! A beuatiful semi-matte anthracite black dial - you can't go wrong with that!

Tbh I think the rep arf dial looks better, no joke. The whites are clearer... less bone white and the black is sharper. It's all personal taste though obviously.

LuoIsBoss

I'm Pretty Popular
6/6/17
Scandinavia
Tbh I think the rep arf dial looks better, no joke. The whites are clearer... less bone white and the black is sharper. It's all personal taste though obviously.

It really is a matter of taste.

Noob's color is better - but everything else is better on ARF.

But I don't think like either of them, that's why I went the gen way.