• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Deepsea Blue ARF v2 vs Gen 116660 comparison

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
does not line up

They did advertised they fixed the rehaut, obviously not... I don’t know why they can’t get this right, my noobs are all fine. The last three ARFs I’ve got have the engraving way off alignment. QC after QC can’t get a good one including seadweller, sub and Daytona. I really hope they fix this

Reactions: vcappp

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
The wrong dark color of “DEEPSEA” is a pretty obvious flaw for me

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Thanks for sharing.

What I hate most about Rolex reps is the finish on the hands and hour marker surrounds.

We don’t have this level of poor finish on vsf omega reps (for example).

Generally speaking, when I compare gen and rep Rolex, it’s the gen hands and hour marker surrounds that “pop” more than rep.

This is the biggest aesthetic difference to my eyes across the Rolex SD and Sub models. Everything else is almost irrelevant IMO.

Rep (left), gen(right)
b150d37bf3eb213926f9fc3c87c24e7e.jpg

Reactions: Smpfan

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Thanks for sharing.

What I hate most about Rolex reps is the finish on the hands and hour marker surrounds.

We don’t have this level of poor finish on vsf omega reps (for example).

Generally speaking, when I compare gen and rep Rolex, it’s the gen hands and hour marker surrounds that “pop” more than rep.

This is the biggest aesthetic difference to my eyes across the Rolex SD and Sub models. Everything else is almost irrelevant IMO.

Rep (left), gen(right)
b150d37bf3eb213926f9fc3c87c24e7e.jpg

Very obvious for the hands. I don’t need a loupe to see that. What do you mean by hour marker sorrounds? The steel rims on the markers?

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Very obvious for the hands. I don’t need a loupe to see that. What do you mean by hour marker sorrounds? The steel rims on the markers?

Hour marker surrounds are the steel rims in markers.

If like most gen/rep collectors, you like admiring the fine details of your watch on close inspection, then you will notice that the shape/geometry of the rep surrounds is not exactly like gen. having said that the ARF DSSD has one of the best rep Rolex rep dials I have ever come across.

The hands are not all dirty. It’s just a QC issue.

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Thanks for Comparison mate - I think i need one too....and start a mix with my VRF and the gen insert - this would be sick! :sFun_mischieviousbi

Reactions: xartan

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
Haven’t read through comments and already know in the first pic left is gen right is ARF. The muted green DeepSea and bolded insert numbers give ARF away. Amazing how close they have come. To think I was content with my Noob V7 back in the day!

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Haven’t read through comments and already know in the first pic left is gen right is ARF. The muted green DeepSea and bolded insert numbers give ARF away. Amazing how close they have come. To think I was content with my Noob V7 back in the day!

Plus the hands, the pearl, the crystal height, bezel teeth, crude crown, lugs. The list is almost endless.

One could go on nitpicking or just enjoy a great rep for what it is. Most of the flaws are not that bad on the wrist like on a blown up macro shot and I don’t see most of them unless I specifically look for them.

I should mention that I only have V1. I enjoy it a lot for what it is even though I’m aware it’s not perfect compared to a gen and I sometimes get carried away studying all those flaws.

First of all I think it’s an amazing rep and it got even better with the new version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Katarsis

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Plus the hands, the pearl, the crystal height, bezel teeth, crude crown, lugs. The list is almost endless.

One could go on nitpicking or just enjoy a great rep for what it is. Most of the flaws are not that bad on the wrist like on a blown up macro shot and I don’t see most of them unless I specifically look for them.

I should mention that I only have V1. I enjoy it a lot for what it is even though I’m aware it’s not perfect compared to a gen and I sometimes get carried away studying all those flaws.

First of all I think it’s an amazing rep and it got even better with the new version.

I agree, all in all it is a great rep... I play close attention to detail and when I had the gen on my wrist the other day I could barely tell the difference as the build quality and finish is excellent!

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
This is defenetly a super rep. Thanks a lot for the review. It's incredible how close this watch comes to the real deal. Just amazing.

Too bad that 'valve' is a bit too much to the right.
​​​​​​
5f9fa2b5e7687eca18765269e1406f43.jpg