• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Daytona vs Noob V1-V2 and V2.2 Daytona vs ARF V2 Daytona

RandyC

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/19
can you explain us how to do it? It needs the tool called bracelet puller, right?

No need, an appropriate screwdriver is fine, coz you aren’t taking the sel out only the first links on each side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RandyC

17/4/19
Where did you source the appropriate ARF bracelet?
From one of our TD's?

My TD had an ARF whose movement had died, instead of sending back to factory he sold it off in parts. I was interested in the bracelet and the bezel but someone else was luckier than me and grabbed the bezel before I could but I managed to get the bracelet.

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
No need, an appropriate screwdriver is fine, coz you aren’t taking the sel out only the first links on each side

Uhmmm I'm afraid to ruin something honestly....

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
What’s your take on the quality difference between the two?

Most people who have objectively compared them both in hand, side by side, prefer the quality and detail of the ARF.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
both in hand,ARF is better ,but slight advantage, not anything breathtaking

RandyC

17/4/19
both in hand,ARF is better ,but slight advantage, not anything breathtaking

Agreed, the easiest to catch difference is of the bezel white color, the difference is noticeable, apart from that one would need to really focus.

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
Question :
The ARF dial need to be shaved to fit noob but do we need to cut the feet and stick it at the right place ?

And after can we put back the noob dial on arf case ?

HotNHorny

Known Member
21/7/19
Question :
The ARF dial need to be shaved to fit noob but do we need to cut the feet and stick it at the right place ?

And after can we put back the noob dial on arf case ?

Good question. Not sure why the ARF doesn’t fit the NOOB case. Will we see a gap of you out the NOOB dials into ARF?

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
If you've done your homework reading the daytona's thread, you'd know that ARF dial are made to fit the 7750 that has ETA dial feet position. which are different from 4130.

ARF dials are also 1mm larger than a 4130 dial, that's why they don't fit in a NOOB case. That's also why they have to be shaved, dial feet needs to be cut

Reactions: sniffti

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
If you've done your homework reading the daytona's thread, you'd know that ARF dial are made to fit the 7750 that has ETA dial feet position. which are different from 4130.

ARF dials are also 1mm larger than a 4130 dial, that's why they don't fit in a NOOB case. That's also why they have to be shaved, dial feet needs to be cut

Thank you I rode the entire thread and I remember this. This is why I wanted to be sure. So you confirm that even if I put the feet on right position on noob I cannot put it in ARF cuz too small

Noobguy

8/11/18
United Kingdom
This Daytona was posted on Facebook and the owner claims it to be Gen. If so, don’t the dials look closer to that of the ARF, on the thin side? I have seen a gen with thicker dials. Is it likely that there are 2 dial variations regarding sundial thickness??

https://ibb.co/89Rs1fP

Ps. I’m having problems uploading a screenshot. That’s a link I got from imgur.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
This Daytona was posted on Facebook and the owner claims it to be Gen. If so, don’t the dials look closer to that of the ARF, on the thin side? I have seen a gen with thicker dials. Is it likely that there are 2 dial variations regarding sundial thickness??

SELs and long pushers make me think it's an ARF

Reactions: Noobguy

dashing

Dashing Around
20/5/18
Metroville

Gen or not, the bezel sure looks wrong. Think the ARF/CF/Noob bezels are closer to other examples of gen Daytona.

Reactions: Noobguy