• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which Rolex Next?

dwjpaypal

Renowned Member
Certified
24/9/10
Hi Guys,

I'm getting back into Rolex's after a couple of years stint over the dark side at AP.

I've recently bought myself;

ARF DJ 41- Rhodium Dial, Oyster
ARF YM - Rhodium Dial
ARF SD43 (V2)

But I'm just about to place a new order for a friend (he wants an SD43 after seeing mine), and I've got a twitch to get something new also.

I've been really impressed be the ARF recently, and like their fit and finish, but happy to look at other factories if needed.

One caveat- I'm happy to look at TT models, but they have to have plated centre links, not interested in full gold models.

Lets get some suggestions going!!

Thanks!

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Noob released a 4130 clone movement, basically the same as the real one, it has working subdials and gen thickness

I built this one with arf dial and arf bezel and it's a beauty:

YMqep.jpg

Dan8888

Known Member
13/2/16
Noob released a 4130 clone movement, basically the same as the real one, it has working subdials and gen thickness

I built this one with arf dial and arf bezel and it's a beauty:
+1 for this.

Combining a Noob and an ARF you can get a very good combo for a very good price

Reactions: mari115

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Hmm, not sure I fancy buyin two watches...

Anything other than the Daytona?

if you opened the link i posted you would have seen that the new 116500 v2 is amazing OOTB, you don't need any other parts (PS. you just need parts, not 2 whole watches).

you could wait for the GMT that should be released from ARF in the next months, it should have a clone movement finally

dwjpaypal

Renowned Member
Certified
24/9/10
if you opened the link i posted you would have seen that the new 116500 v2 is amazing OOTB, you don't need any other parts (PS. you just need parts, not 2 whole watches).

you could wait for the GMT that should be released from ARF in the next months, it should have a clone movement finally

Hi, yes I did view the link and read all about buying the additional parts, etc. However someone commented that it was better to just buy a whole watch by the time you have spent 300USD on parts....

A few people also commented about waiting times etc. I'll speak to my TD and see if he can get one for me, might be nice to have something different.

Thanks

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Hi, yes I did view the link and read all about buying the additional parts, etc. However someone commented that it was better to just buy a whole watch by the time you have spent 300USD on parts....

A few people also commented about waiting times etc. I'll speak to my TD and see if he can get one for me, might be nice to have something different.

Thanks

well the bezel is 30 and the dial is 45.
something different.... i hope that ARF develops the new gmt movement, i would get the gmt if they do

dwjpaypal

Renowned Member
Certified
24/9/10
For Tt I vote rootbeer. Love that watch and I shall be purchasing shortly.

Yea I love that too, but I’ve been reading mixed reviews on different versions having poor side link plating, or no plating at all. Am I right in saying the only good version of this is the wrapped one, but that’s silly money...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hurricane3710

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
mari115 Lucky u bro! Its impossible to get the arf V1 now. Unless theres one available from m2m

Reactions: mari115