• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner with Jubilee bracelet?

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Why not use the NOOB Pepsi GMT so the clasp doesn't look out of place?

I'm a complete 'noob' with Rolex stuff, so I would reply i don't know :(

For now I just want to be sure that we can put a Jubilee bracelet on a Submariner, then I will look for the best Hulk version, there's so much factory that produce it, but wich one is the best? i don't now yet as well, i've seen a post that compare NOOB vs ARF, but there's also VRF, Regmariner (cheap) and so on...

Not an easy task for pick a good rolex, easier to pick APs.

https://puretime.io/submariner-11661...135-18806.html

Found this one with the correct bracelet, but it's not a noob or arf but v9f, need to do my homework for know the flaws and if it's good or not.

Last edited:

boaz_jachin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/3/13
It is actually possbile to attach a jubilee bracelet on a 116610 (i did it once for fun).
I used the old style non-SEL bracelet, so i could bend the endlinks slightly, but it looked out of place and i quickly changed back.

the new maxi-case is way too big to look right with a jubilee IMOH.

An old style jubilee on a 5-digit sub however can look quite good.

Reactions: SHB

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
SHB let us know if you end up ordering that bracelet!

Will do, but for now I have long homework to do for firstly know which HULK rep is the best.

It is actually possbile to attach a jubilee bracelet on a 116610 (i did it once for fun).
I used the old style non-SEL bracelet, so i could bend the endlinks slightly, but it looked out of place and i quickly changed back.

the new maxi-case is way too big to look right with a jubilee IMOH.

An old style jubilee on a 5-digit sub however can look quite good.

Awww thanks for your words but I don't understand much what 5 digits stand for.

--------------------

Anyone have feedback about this V9F? I could just buy this one since it got the jubilee bracelet an it's not too much expensive.

I got my feedback :)

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi peeps,
Been searched over the forum but I only find WTB request but no confirmation if it's possible to adapt a jubilee bracelet on a Submariner.
I'd like to get a 116610LV with jubilee.
Any helps would be apreciated.
Thank you!

EDIT:

Ok apparently DJ36mm could match, you can delete/close thread. Thanks

Source https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/7453632-submariner-jubilee-question

Here's one:

https://www.ts-station.cn/mobile/products.php?CateId=734

I have the black one of these and am very happy with it. I got it from Sead and asked for it with an oyster. It's from LF factory. Not a super rep, but quite nice for the price. 16610s are getting harder to find, I'm going to get the LV soon, also with oyster. A lot less expensive than the JF 116610LV plus it has an ETA which is a no brainer for me. I've also worn it with a blue insert. One of my fav's. Every time its turn comes up to wear it, I think, "Hey I really like this watch".
15376784734187.jpg
​​​​​​

15376788689108.jpg

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Thanks for your reply, seems like there's a lot of factory building Submariner.
I'd like to be honest, i'm kinda lost and i'm actually reading a lot of thread from the Rolex subforum.
As a noob, i'm looking for something of good quality who will accept a jubilee bracelet without issues.
Apparently i'm not the only one with this weird idea.
You got some sweet Rollies, thoses are 5 digits? (complete noob), i'm currently trying to understand what means 5 digits

EDIT: i think i got what's mean 5 digits, 5 digits for the old model, 6 digits for the actual ones.
From my eyes i can't catch any difference between both of them.
Does there's any reasons I should look for a 5dig instead to buy a 6dig?

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
There are 4 digit models too. The more digits, the newer the model. The 6 digit models have ceramic bezel inserts and thicker lugs, larger clasps with better adjustment capabilities, etc. The 5 digits are from a different era and are now settling into the vintage category. 4 digit models are classic vintage, going way back to the 60's and 70's.

Most people find the 5 digit to be a good fit. The Rolex 16610 is arguably the most popular and widely sold "luxury" watch on the planet. You would not regret owning one, and they are quite easily re-sold here if you tire of it. The 116610's wear bigger and heavier and although the ceramic insert is scratch resistant, the rep inserts are somewhat of a pain to maintain because the numeral paint is not gen quality and you end up needing to do a paint mod or buy an aftermarket insert. The 5 digit inserts are aluminum.

Do some more reading about the Subs and you'll figure out which one(s) you want. They're great watches.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...nd-balls/page2

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
This is a 6 digit Sub. You can see it has thicker lugs, larger dial markers (maxi dial) larger hands (maxi hands) ceramic bezel thicker crown guards (CG).

VDTUOg.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Unless you buy a rep Sub with a Jubilee bracelet already on it, you may have issues fitting a different factory's bracelet on it, despite other people's reported experiences. There is NO standardization in springbar hole placement among reps and mixing/matching bracelets is always hit or miss.

Reactions: danno7778 and SHB

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I love you man!
You simply gave me all the information I needed.
So I can surely forget my idea to put a jubilee bracelet unless to buy a V9F (ready to wear).
Thanks for your explanation, tips, pictures and everything else!
You're a real MVM (most valuable member)!

Reactions: KJ2020

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Hi peeps,
Been searched over the forum but I only find WTB request but no confirmation if it's possible to adapt a jubilee bracelet on a Submariner.
I'd like to get a 116610LV with jubilee.
Any helps would be apreciated.
Thank you!

EDIT:

Ok apparently DJ36mm could match, you can delete/close thread. Thanks

Source https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...bilee-question
S
Yes you can put a jubillle on a sub bit I don't see why you would.but i see quite a few people on ig putting jubileees on there gen hulks not my cup of tea really.at the moment maybe I'll come round

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Wow so nice!
No issues so far with the BP bracelet on your noob? Does it fit correctly?
Do you think I can put the same on a ARF/Noob lastest version?

smoke im weird yes, i just love the look of the sub with jubilee.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Wow so nice!

smoke im weird yes, i just love the look of the sub with jubilee.

No worries dude puttjng jubilee on 6 didget subs seems to be getting popular in the gen game and so it seems the same in the rep game .so go ahead and install the jubilee if you like it.they should make the jubilee with the glidelock

Reactions: SHB and KJ2020

alessandri

I'm Pretty Popular
28/10/15
No worries dude puttjng jubilee on 6 didget subs seems to be getting popular in the gen game and so it seems the same in the rep game .so go ahead and install the jubilee if you like it.they should make the jubilee with the glidelock

I agree. Any stainless “sport watch” over 5k should have tool free micro adjustments.
I love the jubilee though.
Rolex should have done this on the BLRO.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Good posts, all. Different strokes. I never liked the Jubilee even on old GMTs but the new Jubilees that have raised center link SELs have brought me around some. Might even put a PCL Glidelock on one and give it a whirl on a rep GMT. I currently use a rep Glidelock on my gen GMT oyster. Years of an ill-fitting bracelet gone in an instant. Never going back.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
i will not discuss about aesthetics because different people like different stuff but losing the glide lock clasp is a deal breaker for me

I have to agree. I only put the new Jubilee on this 116610 to show OP what it would look like, however I feel the brushed Oyster w/ Glidelock is the perfect bracelet for a Submariner. It provides endless comfort.

The Jubilee that I posted from my GMT-Master II does have an Easy-Link, so at least it's a step above the Datejust bracelet in terms of adjustment.

Wow so nice!

I only put it on to show you what it looks like. It fit's great, however I can't say it will work for an ARF. I can't imagine the width between the Noob V9 lugs has changed since the last V7 batch. Don't quote me though, hopefully someone with more knowledge of the newer reps can fill in the blank.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHB and KJ2020