• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner 116610 lv green ceramic vrf 904l vr3135

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
In the gen watch world I only found this considering Hulk dials:

https://100percentpassion.net/2017/05/08/rolex-die-zifferblattvarianten-der-ref-116610lv-hulk/

But smoke already wrote there are more variants present. The VRF Max and the new VRF 3135 use the newest variant. So there is one flaw because this watch has got the older double line engraved rehaut.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro
Thanks for the bezel assembly teardown.

Plenty of LVs dated 2018 on chrono24 has the long F and uneven =. So the VRF 3135 has the correct dial. As smoke mentioned only flaw is the wrong engraving style on the rehaut.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
In the gen watch world I only found this considering Hulk dials:

https://100percentpassion.net/2017/0...116610lv-hulk/

But smoke already wrote there are more variants present. The VRF Max and the new VRF 3135 use the newest variant. So there is one flaw because this watch has got the older double line engraved rehaut.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

That is a really nice summary - thanks! I sure wish I knew German though! This site appears to show three options for the 116600 LV dial. I know that smoke scoffs at the Mark designation, but for me, it makes it easier to categorize the styles...

I checked, and the VRF MAX 2836 I received just before VRF was shut down at the end of November has the Mark 1 style and it's a BP dial. I'm glad for this since I happen to like the style of the Mark 1 and Mark 2 dials better - maybe it's the serifs on "Submariner", I don't know, but the Mark 3 just looks cheesier to me (although I'm sure many would disagree since it is clearly just a matter of preference!)

Does anyone know whether the VRF MAX 2836 that has been released since the factory reopened looks different? I wonder if all their old stuff was confiscated and they had to get new inventory manufactured. Has anyone gotten one post-shutdown/reopening, and is the dial in the "Mark 3" style?

From what I see online, it appears the VRF 3135 has the Mark 3 iteration. Interesting.

After my Bitcoin wallet is cleared to send the funds, I am ordering a 3135.

The rehaut style difference doesn't faze me at all, it is darned hard to see even when I am trying to look at it on my wrist, I can't imagine anyone else easily spotting it. For that matter, the same goes for the nuances in the styles of the dial - I only pay attention to that because as I said, I like the older Submariner font better.

Reactions: Drifter

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
That is a really nice summary - thanks! I sure wish I knew German though! This site appears to show three options for the 116600 LV dial. I know that smoke scoffs at the Mark designation, but for me, it makes it easier to categorize the styles...

I checked, and the VRF MAX 2836 I received just before VRF was shut down at the end of November has the Mark 1 style and it's a BP dial. I'm glad for this since I happen to like the style of the Mark 1 and Mark 2 dials better - maybe it's the serifs on "Submariner", I don't know, but the Mark 3 just looks cheesier to me (although I'm sure many would disagree since it is clearly just a matter of preference!)

Does anyone know whether the VRF MAX 2836 that has been released since the factory reopened looks different? I wonder if all their old stuff was confiscated and they had to get new inventory manufactured. Has anyone gotten one post-shutdown/reopening, and is the dial in the "Mark 3" style?

From what I see online, it appears the VRF 3135 has the Mark 3 iteration. Interesting.

After my Bitcoin wallet is cleared to send the funds, I am ordering a 3135.

The rehaut style difference doesn't faze me at all, it is darned hard to see even when I am trying to look at it on my wrist, I can't imagine anyone else easily spotting it. For that matter, the same goes for the nuances in the styles of the dial - I only pay attention to that because as I said, I like the older Submariner font better.
I have had all 3 , noob vrf max and now I kept my arf hulk .

For me it was an easy decision predominantly based on the fact that arf hulk was an overall superior package aesthetically and also when strapped on.

The only couple of things I couldn't stand on my vrf were the pearl , crystal and flush sels. Rest all was brilliant.

Arf hulk now has a prof crystal and I thoroughly enjoy it.

I am very tempted to test the new vrf with vr3135 init. Probably get it next month .
65183e357edae379f6ed707f2e4d6514.jpg

Reactions: sfgerl

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
I have had all 3 , noob vrf max and now I kept my arf hulk .

For me it was an easy decision predominantly based on the fact that arf hulk was an overall superior package aesthetically and also when strapped on.

The only couple of things I couldn't stand on my vrf were the pearl , crystal and flush sels. Rest all was brilliant.

Arf hulk now has a prof crystal and I thoroughly enjoy it.

I am very tempted to test the new vrf with vr3135 init. Probably get it next month .
65183e357edae379f6ed707f2e4d6514.jpg

I have an ARF 2824 as well - as a matter of fact I am wearing it right now! My VRF MAX is off getting a cleaning, a gen crystal and a Sellita movement installed. You are so right about the pearl on the VRF, it looks like a zit! Ugh, oh well, can't win 'em all. Maybe because I am a woman, but the VRF seems to fit smaller on my wrist (maybe due to the larger lugs on the ARF?), and even though it is not 904L steel, I find myself favoring it. I also think the dial on the VRF is a notch up compared to the one on the ARF, it shimmers more. And, I like the color on the VRF insert better. But all of these details other than the fit are really only appreciated when I see them side-by-side. I'm perfectly happy with the ARF right now - like the others, it's a great rep for the money!!! I love being able to enjoy looking at a Rolex Sub on my wrist without spending thousands of dollars!

It's a gamble, but I am really hoping that the VRF 3135 hits the ball out of the park as far as hulks go. I sure didn't see it coming, never expected a 3135 from VRF. It was really gratifying to hear smoke give it a thumbs up as far as the aesthetics of the body. If the movement isn't a POS and I can get better SELs than the ones shown on the TDs site, I'll see if my ARF bracelet fits it, stick a gen crystal and DW on it, and it will be my new BHF (best hulk friend)! :punk:

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
And - seriously - how lucky are we to be able to have a variety of nice reps to choose from based upon our (really minor, in the big picture) preferences? For the subC Hulk, for instance, we get to pick and choose from at least three solidly good choices, each of which are remarkably good reps as a standalone. That's pretty cooL :nana:

Reactions: majwilliams0308

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
And - seriously - how lucky are we to be able to have a variety of nice reps to choose from based upon our (really minor, in the big picture) preferences? For the subC Hulk, for instance, we get to pick and choose from at least three solidly good choices, each of which are remarkably good reps as a standalone. That's pretty cooL :nana:
Yes agree with you 100%, was a tough call picking between the two. Although I did favour the vrf hulk dial bit the printing on mine was not crisp vs arf dial. Although sunburst was so much nicer on the vrf dial.

Post some pics when you do get the vrf hulk alongside your arf

watchwis

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/18
Anyone got this already?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

JMK

13/2/18
Just my opinion but all this focus on long efs and double vs single rehaut is waaay overboard.

I’m stuck not pulling the trigger waiting on rounded dial markers and better hands. This dial does look much more dynamic vs the BK noobv7 I have. Maybe this year :)

Any know any good aftermarket hands which aren’t as flat?

So far upgraded with VRF insert:
ebff592817f92fc473ed70ee40644063.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Itto

iskillio

12/9/14
Just got mine, in love. This thing feels solid as gen. Bezel clicks and all, the date flips at midnight like gen as well.
b294f643145dd1093a5d0b2b0fab2256.jpg
773279c4cae5f9f3cc6e51887b7ff79e.jpg
3a98d626d61de58a076695cf3ce10a5f.jpg
4c284429dacd7c9bdb505fe55428433e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MM070

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/18
Just got mine, in love. This thing feels solid as gen. Bezel clicks and all, the date flips at midnight like gen as well.
b294f643145dd1093a5d0b2b0fab2256.jpg
773279c4cae5f9f3cc6e51887b7ff79e.jpg
3a98d626d61de58a076695cf3ce10a5f.jpg
4c284429dacd7c9bdb505fe55428433e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Is this the VR3135 version?

gknml

Horology Curious
16/3/18
After reading thousands threads, even though i am not a Hulk fan, I ordered my Green VRF-VR3135 today from PureTime. As far I see, the consensus for the VRF3135 Hulk is this is the best Hulk ever. So, will see...
I will be sharing QC pics with you guys since I have zero experience and very bad eyes.