• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Blue Two Tone Submariner

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Certified
1/6/14
I received my ARF yesterday and it isn't gold wrapped, so I guess its the luck of the draw. The SEL alignment, as in how the SEL sits between the lugs on the ARF seems hit and miss, seen some QC pictures and its spot on others, including mine and instead of the SEL sitting completely flush with the lugs, its slightly recessed. Looking at the picture of GMF above, it looks spot on.

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
I received my ARF yesterday and it isn't gold wrapped, so I guess its the luck of the draw. The SEL alignment, as in how the SEL sits between the lugs on the ARF seems hit and miss, seen some QC pictures and its spot on others, including mine and instead of the SEL sitting completely flush with the lugs, its slightly recessed. Looking at the picture of GMF above, it looks spot on.

Please post some shots for comparison :)

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
Arf base + BP wrapped bracelet + gen crystal + gen dwo + spongebob gold sputter would be about $1500

This is exactly what I am doing, although with waaaaaaayyyyy more gen parts :D

Reactions: Zenrolex

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
KJ2020 do you have any more pics of the BP bracelet you could share please?

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Certified
1/6/14
This is exactly what I am doing, although with waaaaaaayyyyy more gen parts :D

The question is...... where do you stop.

I've wanted an LB for quite some time and hoped it would be easier than this, so far I've got a few genuine parts to go on to it;

DateWheel
Hands
Crown & Tube
Autowind Module
Crystal

It looks like you need to buy 3 different watches to get the best bits as the TD's seem to want to sell you a whole watch.

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
The question is...... where do you stop.

I've wanted an LB for quite some time and hoped it would be easier than this, so far I've got a few genuine parts to go on to it;

DateWheel
Hands
Crown & Tube
Autowind Module
Crystal

It looks like you need to buy 3 different watches to get the best bits as the TD's seem to want to sell you a whole watch.

That is true. I’ve went a bit crazy with this one, but I’ve stopped now. TBH I don’t think there is much further I could go other than gen case and bracelet.

Had 5 versions all in, and currently have the VRF Max and ARF.

I’ve also got all these gen bits:

Bezel
Insert
Retainer/hyrtel
Click Springs
Dial
DWO
Autowind
Hands
Crown
Tube and gaskets
Crystal
Springbars

Journeyman

Renowned Member
Certified
1/6/14
That is true. I’ve went a bit crazy with this one, but I’ve stopped now. TBH I don’t think there is much further I could go other than gen case and bracelet.

Had 5 versions all in, and currently have the VRF Max and ARF.

I’ve also got all these gen bits:

Bezel
Insert
Retainer/hyrtel
Click Springs
Dial
DWO
Autowind
Hands
Crown
Tube and gaskets
Crystal
Springbars

I've got parts list envy. :thumbsup:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 do you have any more pics of the BP bracelet you could share please?

Only other pics I have

IMG-7248.jpg

IMG-7251.jpg

IMG-7250.jpg

Reactions: Aston

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
Only other pics I have

IMG-7248.jpg

IMG-7251.jpg

IMG-7250.jpg

I think they are passing of these bp/gmf 116613 as the same and charging different prices. Here is some pics of the one a recently had. Looks the same. Same bracelet clasp codes and stickers as the wrapped/thick wrapped/plated. All are plated on the sides of the sels. All marketing as far as I’m concerned to make more money on the same watch.

f25b8e41c5fad721ce6234037e66c409.jpg
25cefd0c9d8b727b1151d3067c11cac9.jpg

Just received qc for an ARF sel not plated.
1d389895aaad5848d2417cc1eb5f81fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rolemars and KJ2020

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
Only other pics I have

IMG-7248.jpg

IMG-7251.jpg

IMG-7250.jpg

Thanks for the pics. The shade of the gold looks pretty good.

I think they are passing of these bp/gmf 116613 as the same and charging different prices. Here is some pics of the one a recently had. Looks the same. Same bracelet clasp codes and stickers as the wrapped/thick wrapped/plated. All are plated on the sides of the sels. All marketing as far as I’m concerned to make more money on the same watch.

I hope they’re not. Not sure how much the GMF version is, but I would hope that for the money of the BP that it is thick wrapped and not plated.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks for the pics. The shade of the gold looks pretty good.

I hope they’re not. Not sure how much the GMF version is, but I would hope that for the money of the BP that it is thick wrapped and not plated.

The GMF version lists for ~$418, but can be had for ~$380. The BP TT "high end" wrapped is $918. But as Pelagic noted, they look identical. I was shocked to see those pics as my QC since they are nothing like the TD website pics and immediately wondered and realized that it would be a VERY easy way to gouge a buyer since there really is no way we can measure the difference between 5 mils and 30 mils thickness in plating. Since the lower end has plated SEL sides also, $500 on a gamble that you're getting thicker plating is really hard to swallow. I feel much better about switching to the Noob, as least I know for certain I'm getting what I'm paying for. I don't expect the SELs to be covered on the sides but I'm confident I can make that a non-issue for myself. I'm pretty handy with detail miniature painting.

Reactions: Rolemars

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
The GMF version lists for ~$418, but can be had for ~$380. The BP TT "high end" wrapped is $918. But as Pelagic noted, they look identical. I was shocked to see those pics as my QC since they are nothing like the TD website pics and immediately wondered and realized that it would be a VERY easy way to gouge a buyer since there really is no way we can measure the difference between 5 mils and 30 mils thickness in plating. Since the lower end has plated SEL sides also, $500 on a gamble that you're getting thicker plating is really hard to swallow. I feel much better about switching to the Noob, as least I know for certain I'm getting what I'm paying for. I don't expect the SELs to be covered on the sides but I'm confident I can make that a non-issue for myself. I'm pretty handy with detail miniature painting.

I ordered the thick wrapped BP bracelet last week for my build so hope it is actually thick wrapped 18k gold, cos if it’s the same as the GMF and plated or thin wrapped I won’t be happy, especially as my ARF bracelet already has gold side mid and end links.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I ordered the thick wrapped BP bracelet last week for my build so hope it is actually thick wrapped 18k gold, cos if it’s the same as the GMF and plated or thin wrapped I won’t be happy, especially as my ARF bracelet already has gold side mid and end links.

How will you be able to tell?