• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Blue Two Tone Submariner

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
ruimpinho No problem. Yeah never seen the ARF with gold side SEL before either. Don’t know if this is a new batch of ARF’s as the crown issue is sorted too and my TD only got this last week for me.

Reactions: Rolemars

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yeah, thanks for the great pics bro. I have to say the ARF looks good. DW has to go and shame about the pearl and insert markings, but overall looks good. Also the lug tips dont look near as boxy as the ARF SS Subs. Anyone ever remove an ARF insert? I've heard some say it's pressure fit. Others say it's double sided tape. Interested in knowing what's involved.

ARF should fire their insert engraver. First the 116610s, now this ?

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
KJ2020 no worries. Yeah the ARF is really nice with the exception of the insert and DWO. The engraving really is off to the RHS, and Pearl is like early cheap Sub reps, but since there will only really be the case and movement that will be left after my build it doesn’t really bother me, but if I was keeping it as is out the box, the insert would really bother me.

wristonfire123

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/18
United Kingdom
Looks like ARF has updated it. I ordered mine late last year. The date wheel is different and although the mid links are painted I have bare SEL’s. You can still see a difference on the under side of the flip lock clasp in the ARF/VRF shots.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Derinee

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/2/19
Europe
Here’s a few pics of the VRF Max and ARF together. The ARF still has the plastic wrapping on it.

The blue is definitely deeper on the ARF bezel insert and more like the gen. The dial is also closest to the gen I’ve seen on the ARF, but the gold is more an orangey shade on the VRF compared to the ARF which is quite a pale yellow gold. Both have gold sides on the midlinks as well as gold sides on the SEL, which was a nice bonus to find.

i was going to swap the VRF bracelet onto the ARF, but not sure now as both have gold sides. I’ll need to see how the gold compares and is the best match to the gen bezel.

May i ask you which TD you bought the ARF bluesy from? I was wondering if all TDs have the version with gold SEL sides.

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
Took a few pics of both the VRF and ARF with the gen bezel to see which has the closer colour of gold to the gen. As I said previously the VRF seemed quite an orange gold and thought the ARF had a more gen like paler shade, but seeing them both next to the gen bezel I’m still torn.

The gold on the bezel of the VRF looks pretty much identical to that of the gen, but put it on top of the VRF bracelet and the gen gold looks lighter. Against the ARF bezel the gen gold looks darker, but against the ARF bracelet the gold looks pretty close. It might just be my eyes or the light, although I did take the pics next to the window so had as much natural light as possible, but what do you guys think in the pics below? ARF still has the plastic wrapping on it.

On a separate note, the blue of the ARF bezel is very close to that of the gen.

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Thank you for the photos! The date wheel on the new arf does not look that bad. Can you show some more angles? :)

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
I like the shade of gold better on the ARF
Yeah, after examining them closely I think the ARF is a better shade of gold. Although the VRF is more vibrant it seems too orangey. I think I might wait until the build is complete to see what bracelet I use and what seems closest to the gen bezel and crown.

Reactions: KJ2020 and Rolemars

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yeah, after examining them closely I think the ARF is a better shade of gold. Although the VRF is more vibrant it seems too orangey. I think I might wait until the build is complete to see what bracelet I use and what seems closest to the gen bezel and crown.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to order a Noob next. It's even lighter gold than the ARF, which I know is further away from gen but you gotta love what you look at, not what Rolex makes, IMO.

jodelaplaya

2/4/14
ruimpinho No problem. Yeah never seen the ARF with gold side SEL before either. Don’t know if this is a new batch of ARF’s as the crown issue is sorted too and my TD only got this last week for me.

Hi.

Who is your TD please?

Arf looks awesome !

Thanks

timbui

Known Member
3/1/09
Is the Arf dial the same as the Jf dial or has it improved? I want to get the 2824 movement which only comes in a Jf watch.

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
Is the Arf dial the same as the Jf dial or has it improved? I want to get the 2824 movement which only comes in a Jf watch.

It has improved compared to the JF SH3135 I used to have. The text on the dial is a lot more gen like with a 3D type print.

Reactions: KJ2020

frosterosen

10/7/17
Received QC Image for ARF

Both rejected because the Date wheel font is not the same with TD website.

I'm not sure whether the bold font is quite common for ARF..I plan to cancel/replace the ordering with other model is the date wheel is common for ARF 2 tone.

Last edited:

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Holy crap, that font is the worst I've ever seen. The cyclops is off. Also the insert looks too bright and the dial looks almost plain blue like the white gold "smurf", not sunburst (I know gen has both variants). Sure that one is ARF? If so, must be one of the earlier ones.

frosterosen

10/7/17
Feedback from TD that the factory only can provide ARF with that kind of datewheel.

ARF from Hero to Zero.

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
Received QC Image for ARF

Both rejected because the Date wheel font is not the same with TD website.

I'm not sure whether the bold font is quite common for ARF..I plan to cancel/replace the ordering with other model is the date wheel is common for ARF 2 tone.

That looks completely different from my ARF below. You can see the DWO on mine is bold but nowhere near as in your face as that shown on your QC pics. Also as ruimpinho says, the dial looks quite different and the cyclops is squint. Suppose the dial could be down to the lighting though.

DBA6353-A-3668-48-B4-ADD1-A4-F5-BCEE5-FE9.jpg