• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Blue Two Tone Submariner

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
Here's a couple of Noob pics, just polished by the amazing Jonj480

Insert color looks very good

Screenshot-20190403-112602-Gallery.jpg

20190403-112257.jpg

That insert has been painted. Its probably not representative of what you would get from a factory. The area around the pearl still needs cleaned.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That insert has been painted. Its probably not representative of what you would get from a factory. The area around the pearl still needs cleaned.

Thanks for the clarification Jon. The blue color is what I was really trying to compare. And the bracelet, which we can all get from YOUR factory, lol.

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
What is your problem? Not asking anyone to aprove/reject a QC. Seeing the actual problems of a specific model helps a lot of forum members deciding which model to go.
By the way MrBrock this is exactly what you should NOT do :)

We should not share QC photo from the watch that you rejected.
it gotta be from what you accepted, or pending due for some potential flaw that you unsure about.

To answer your 'question'
NO, I DO NOT HAVE PROBLEM, DO YOU HAVE ONE?

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
We should not share QC photo from the watch that you rejected.
it gotta be from what you accepted, or pending due for some potential flaw that you unsure about.

To answer your 'question'
NO, I DO NOT HAVE PROBLEM, DO YOU HAVE ONE?

Wrong. It’s fine to post QC of a rejected attempt as well as an accepted one. What’s against the rules is posting QC and asking others to do the work for you and ask whether one should accept or not.

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
Awesome!! Can you take a bunch of pictures with natural daylight? The blue on that insert looks a lot better than VRF IMO :)

I'll try get some pics later in daylight.

The blue is pretty good, although the pearl and bezel printing is offset to the RHS, but as most of the watch will be replaced with gen parts it doesn't really bother me. If I was keeping the rep bezel though it would likely annoy me, but the colour looks pretty good. I've also got the VRF Max, so will see how it compares to it.

I was also happy to see that the proud crown problem looks to have been sorted with these ARF's as it sits nice and recessed on mine.

Looks beautiful, that datewheel is pretty thick tho. :D

Thanks :) Yeah, the font is quite thick, but again this is getting changed for a gen DWO.

I have had 5 different 116613LB versions, including a cheap 21J "taster" model, a BP, JF, VRF Max and now the ARF, and the dial on the ARF looks to be by far the best.

I don't know if it's just my eyes or the light in the office, but the side of the SEL midlink looks to be gold like the VRF as does the sides of all the midlinks.

picture

picture

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I'll try get some pics later in daylight.

The blue is pretty good, although the pearl and bezel printing is offset to the RHS, but as most of the watch will be replaced with gen parts it doesn't really bother me. If I was keeping the rep bezel though it would likely annoy me, but the colour looks pretty good. I've also got the VRF Max, so will see how it compares to it.

I was also happy to see that the proud crown problem looks to have been sorted with these ARF's as it sits nice and recessed on mine.

Thanks :) Yeah, the font is quite thick, but again this is getting changed for a gen DWO.

I have had 5 different 116613LB versions, including a cheap 21J "taster" model, a BP, JF, VRF Max and now the ARF, and the dial on the ARF looks to be by far the best.

I don't know if it's just my eyes or the light in the office, but the side of the SEL midlink looks to be gold like the VRF as does the sides of all the midlinks.

picture

picture

Looks like a good Franken base. Can you comment on the shade of gold compared to the VRF? I thought that model looked a little OG (orange gold).

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
Looks like a good Franken base. Can you comment on the shade of gold compared to the VRF? I thought that model looked a little OG (orange gold).

I would say the gold on the ARF is pretty good. It's a nice yellow gold, whereas I find the gold on my VRF to be quite an orange gold. I'll get some comparison pics later of the ARF beside my VRF, and also how they compare to the gold of my gen bezel and crown.

Reactions: KJ2020 and AJ82

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
I've also got the VRF Max, so will see how it compares to it.

Awesome!! This is the type of help I need to pick the best option! Please share lots of shots during the process!
I've been looking for a decent Blue sub for a while but gen parts make the build extremelly expensive (4k+). I haven't seen frankens with the ARF 116613, so this will be a very interesting topic to follow :)

Reactions: Rolex_007

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
Awesome!! This is the type of help I need to pick the best option! Please share lots of shots during the process!
I've been looking for a decent Blue sub for a while but gen parts make the build extremelly expensive (4k+). I haven't seen frankens with the ARF 116613, so this will be a very interesting topic to follow :)

Yeah, the gen parts aren't cheap. Like you say they have cost me just over £4,100. I tried to get another JF to use for the build, but these appear to be no longer available, so have had to use the ARF as it is the only other option with an SH3135 movement.

I'll be sure to get some pics of the build too.

Reactions: Rolemars

Faven

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/2/19
Germany
I would say the gold on the ARF is pretty good. It's a nice yellow gold, whereas I find the gold on my VRF to be quite an orange gold. I'll get some comparison pics later of the ARF beside my VRF, and also how they compare to the gold of my gen bezel and crown.
Yea I was kinda disappointed when I saw that my black dial VRF Max also has a pretty orange good shade. I would love to get blue dial one, but the fact that the VRF Max is the only wrapped option kinda stopped my interested.

Aston

RWG mod Chiquita Fanjita
Supporter
1/9/11
Here’s a few pics of the VRF Max and ARF together. The ARF still has the plastic wrapping on it.

The blue is definitely deeper on the ARF bezel insert and more like the gen. The dial is also closest to the gen I’ve seen on the ARF, but the gold is more an orangey shade on the VRF compared to the ARF which is quite a pale yellow gold. Both have gold sides on the midlinks as well as gold sides on the SEL, which was a nice bonus to find.

i was going to swap the VRF bracelet onto the ARF, but not sure now as both have gold sides. I’ll need to see how the gold compares and is the best match to the gen bezel.

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Thank you very much for the comparison pics. :) For me ARF all the way! Never seen one with gold sided SELs! Really tempted to buy one for myself now :)