• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMT 116710BLNR - Batman - where to get a gen or gen like bezel ?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
Where did you get the insert ?

My supplier from china
Full ceramic
USD60
I reckon its the closer to Gen on the market
Any closer you need to buy the Gen [/QUOTE]

You're just going to leave the OEM markers white? Not saying I wouldn't do the same, just asking.

prawnboy

10/8/13
Asia
My supplier from china
Full ceramic
USD60
Any closer you need to buy the Gen

You're just going to leave the OEM markers white? Not saying I wouldn't do the same, just asking.[/QUOTE]

at least my color match the gen.
rather having a matching marker with wrong blue.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
You're just going to leave the OEM markers white? Not saying I wouldn't do the same, just asking.

at least my color match the gen.
rather having a matching marker with wrong blue.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Where did you get the insert ?

My supplier from china
Full ceramic
USD60
Any closer you need to buy the Gen [/QUOTE]

Feel free to share supplier details my man.

prawnboy

10/8/13
Asia
no link
not TD or dealer
Its my supplier/friend who source for me.

If you guys want the insert, PM me and I will ship to you.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
Center - GEN
Middle - The one from here: https://www.ebay.it/itm/BLACK-BLUE-...8?pageci=18586901-aaaa-4831-88e3-c3ea5916967d
Outer - posted by prawnboy

Batman-gen-aftermarket-2-Large.jpg

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Isn’t there a couple guys on here who you can ship the aftermarket inserts to and they’ll plate them just like the gen? That and a gen crystal would go a long way to improving the overall look of the watch.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
Isn’t there a couple guys on here who you can ship the aftermarket inserts to and they’ll plate them just like the gen? That and a gen crystal would go a long way to improving the overall look of the watch.

There are people who do paint mods, but they are experienced in using the rep factory inserts with deep cutouts like the gens have. It's a different ballgame entirely doing a paint mod on a thin aftermarket insert with shallow cutouts. I have done several good paint mods on rep factory deep cutout inserts and have not been able to do so on a shallow cut one. There just isn't enough room there for the paint to spread out evenly and dry thick enough to last. First time you use the bezel you're rubbing the paint off with your grubby mitts. Look at the difference here between the thickness of an aftermarket insert (left) and a rep factory insert (right)

oxt5Z.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
Not paint modding, plating. See here. https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...to-usd-plating Also I did an airbrush mod for a 116613LB I’ll see if I can find again that might work.

I would think plating would run onto the same issue with shallow cutouts as a paint mod. The plating material needs space in which to reside. These aftermarket cutouts are REALLY shallow, to the point of not even having a discernible sidewall. There's just a slight curved dip.

It would be be worth asking Hugo at USD. That mod on a correct color blue would be awesome.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18

That looks awesome man. So you painted the whole insert and scraped off the excess after it dried? I would think that masking off the spaces between markers would make that task less burdensome.

Have you ever done this in platinum, or on a shallow cutout marker? Would you like to try one, haha! I could send you an insert to try it on.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
It certainly wouldn’t hurt to try. Both the golden paints silver and gold are very metallic and look good. Even shallow engravings should work well. PM me.