• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust 36 - DJF vs ARF?

Akonoypi

Known Member
13/12/18
Good thread as I am planning to get one of this next year. Pics from stufuse looks good!

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
Ok here we go.

Dial: Dial is great, printing is better than the advertised pics from what I can tell. Markers look great. The one flaw is in the date window. Theres a little miss shaped edge on the inner date window. Would not be noticeable to the eye if it weren't for the cyclops. Besides that its damn near perfect.

Crystal: Good as far as I can tell. I'm no expert when it comes to crystals, but the magnification seems good and the AR is good on the cyclops. Blue hue error similar to the ARF sub I have but still great.

Datewheel: Datewheel is garbage. Some of the numbers look fine, while others are way too far to the left, right, top, or bottom. No consistency and the printing is not great. Going to see if someone who swapped their ARF 2824 datewheel out with a gen will sell me the original.

Claps: SOLID. I was worried about this before receiving the watch, but the clasp feels solid and will differently not fall off without you intentionally pulling on the mechanism.

Bracelet: The bracelet is good, except one of the ends is not fully connected. I sent a request to the TD for a replacement, or atleast the links at the end so I can replace them. If they come through and give me a replacement I will have zero complaints. I wore the watch for a day on a strap and I'm just not a fan. The bracelet just makes the proportions look better. Lube it up though because it was super squeaky when I first opened it.

Rehaut: Rehaut is ok. Lines arent as clear as the ones on my ARF, but unless you put them side by side you wouldnt notice.

Overall: Overall this is a great piece, I need to replace the datewheel and I'm really hoping that the TD comes through and helps me with the bracelet. With those two issues fixed this watch would be perfect in my eyes. Thankfully the 2824 date wheel is cheaper than a gen one.

Images used to compare are from Hondinkee. My lighting isnt that great.

https://picr.me/image/FfZvg
https://picr.me/image/FwB8R
https://picr.me/image/Ff6qa

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
FfD3A.jpg

FwACT.jpg

FfuGQ.jpg

Reactions: tzon_a

the massakretor

23/8/13
Datewheel is kinda QC issue. On mine it's really good, both single and double digits. Can't spot any serious left/right misalignments.

Yep a blackhole crystal is the upgrade to do

Inviato dal mio LM-G710 utilizzando Tapatalk

the massakretor

23/8/13
TD sent the QC for the replacement. Didn't send the whole bracelet bust just the SEL plus the fixed links. So it should fix the issue straight away, hopefully will sit tight between the lugs

the massakretor

23/8/13
36mm with jubilee is made only by ARF (soon by DJF).

So far ARF is the only one and it's very well made

iskillio

12/9/14
36mm with jubilee is made only by ARF (soon by DJF).

So far ARF is the only one and it's very well made

Not true at all. DJF models are out with Jubilee already AND BP 36mm have Jubilee.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
The New ARF two tones are good. My mates wife was very happy and they’ve both only ever owned Gens.

f220c78152f45d481a70cc103fc74b34.jpg
8d37e81e1d26935b0939dca435b43306.jpg
469223739a1b79549631bd33abbe85e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swags-45

8/11/18
USA
I have a Blue ARF, Jubilee V2 (still had bold font datewheel). I tried to swap datewheel for Gen but did not have great success.

I have have a Blue DJF on order, tracking number says delivery next week.

I will post side by side pics when it arrives.

I then plan to try and put the ARF Jubilee on the DJF case...

Reactions: Tacotuesday

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
I have a Blue ARF, Jubilee V2 (still had bold font datewheel). I tried to swap datewheel for Gen but did not have great success.

I then plan to try and put the ARF Jubilee on the DJF case...

Awesome! I very much look forward to the review!

Adrenix

5/12/18

I then plan to try and put the ARF Jubilee on the DJF case.

I would be interested to hear the outcome too as I am after a blue DJ oj jubilee and basically keen to go for whatever looks best OOTB (maybe a datewheel change)

Tacotuesday

1/6/18
That's strange. From what I've seen DJF has no Jubilee and does not fit an SA3135. Wonder why its on no other TD in this config.