• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 126334 DateJust 41, Best in the market

SKnight

8/7/19
srhoque oh nice mate.

Could you share pictures of the ARF grey dial vs. Gen grey dial?

I'm trying to figure out if the upgrade to gen is worth it? Pictures would really help in the decision making.

Cheers

Reactions: Bobi01

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
srhoque oh nice mate.

Could you share pictures of the ARF grey dial vs. Gen grey dial?

I'm trying to figure out if the upgrade to gen is worth it? Pictures would really help in the decision making.

Cheers

Go to page 225 in this thread, I have posted pics of my franken project.

As an FYI (from my experience), the pics don't do full justice because I took indoor shots only. The gen Rhodium dial is stunning in person.

AJ82

Known Member
19/3/17
Europe
Any news about the new version? About to pull the trigger, but see someone mention that a new version might come soon.

A.J.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Any news about the new version? About to pull the trigger, but see someone mention that a new version might come soon.

A.J.

Noone knows, if you've actually read the thread you'll notice a theme. It's new members with very little history posting this elusive "new" version.
They don't tell you when a new version is coming out because then people would stop buying the old version.

There has been a picture of a new dial, but really that's it and the only thing different is the 6 o clock crown. Nothing else is improved upon. The same flaws exist. Crown is slightly wrong position, and the date wheel. Everything else really is a good 95% match.

Reactions: Bobi01

Bobi01

2/2/19
Noone knows, if you've actually read the thread you'll notice a theme. It's new members with very little history posting this elusive "new" version.
They don't tell you when a new version is coming out because then people would stop buying the old version.

There has been a picture of a new dial, but really that's it and the only thing different is the 6 o clock crown. Nothing else is improved upon. The same flaws exist. Crown is slightly wrong position, and the date wheel. Everything else really is a good 95% match.

You forgot to say that they will never release perfect version because they want people to buy newer and newer version every time...

Reactions: Sonofalich

srhoque

28/11/18

Perfect response!!

The word "new" version in the rep world is a marketing gimmick to create anxiety, make existing owners to doubt their purchase and get us to believe that something has improved :rolleyes:
Also, it doesn't matter whether someone wants the elusive new version or existing version, everyone has to wait for a while until the virus situation and shipping/logistics improves...

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
so i've placed order for the arf DJ41, already thinking about mods, i am going to fit it for sure with a gen wimbledon dial, does the rep movement take it well?
Where could i source a gen\gen like crystal and a gen\genlike datewheel?
Is it possible to fit gen hands aswell?
thank you fam

In order to get the dial and hands to fit, some custom work needs to be done. Not that I know how, but that's what I've seen other members do. If you're going to go that far, I wouldn't even remotely consider anything other than gen DW and xtal. Ebay, Chrono24, parts sale section here on RWI.

srhoque

28/11/18
In order to get the dial and hands to fit, some custom work needs to be done. Not that I know how, but that's what I've seen other members do. If you're going to go that far, I wouldn't even remotely consider anything other than gen DW and xtal. Ebay, Chrono24, parts sale section here on RWI.

OP - Contact interaktiv He has often sourced the gen 3235 DW and crystal for the ARF DJ41. In fact, you can contact him to do the mods as well.

Also, if you are going to add a gen Wimbledon dial, I suggest you add a gen ETA 2824-2 movement as well (They go for $175 on ebay, a fraction compared to the gen dial cost).

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
OP - Contact interaktiv He has often sourced the gen 3235 DW and crystal for the ARF DJ41. In fact, you can contact him to do the mods as well.

Also, if you are going to add a gen Wimbledon dial, I suggest you add a gen ETA 2824-2 movement as well (They go for $175 on ebay, a fraction compared to the gen dial cost).

Solid points. In fact, just two pages back in this thread he posted an example of such a thing.

Bobi01

2/2/19

Oof that will be expensive watch... better going for gen ,find used in good shape for 7-8000 k... flawless watch for whole life... i think datejust 41 mm wimbledon dial with jubilee bracelet is best value rolex

Last edited:
Reactions: srhoque

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Oof that will be expensive watch... better going for gen ,find used in good shape for 7-8000 k... flawless watch for whole life... i think datejust 41 mm wimbledon dial with jubilee bracelet is best value rolex

I bet it could be done for under 3k though. Even rounding up- 1200 for dial, 200 for eta, 500 for watch, 200 for hands, 200 for DW, 400 for crystal, 300 for labor and shipping. And with patience, one could save several hundred off of those parts.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I bet it could be done for under 3k though. Even rounding up- 1200 for dial, 200 for eta, 500 for watch, 200 for hands, 200 for DW, 400 for crystal, 300 for labor and shipping. And with patience, one could save several hundred off of those parts.

My gen dial cost me £400... and that's quite expensive, sometimes I see them for £300 ish...

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
My gen dial cost me £400... and that's quite expensive, sometimes I see them for £300 ish...

Well he said he wanted a Wimbledon dial, which I've seen for between $1000 and $1500. I've been casually keeping an eye out for them. On one hand I'm not surprised as it is rare, on the other hand it is not seen as fondly as the rhodium and blue (based on what I read on The Rolex Forum)... it might drop in price as more of them pop onto the market. The Wimbledon dial with yellow gold is cheaper, for example.

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
For whatever it's worth though, I think these ARF DJs are fantastic. Prob my favorite rep along with the VSF Omega seamaster.

And this is coming from someone who just got bit by the Franken bug recently. Dropped some serious cash on Bluesy "super Franken" and I have a yachtmaster and gmt Franken in the works. I'm pretty much obsessed lol.

Wimbledon dial datejust franken is next. Once i have more money. Hopefully sometime this year Lol.

Reactions: Matt88 and leo6929

Bobi01

2/2/19

Isnt 3000 little too much for rep? At the end of the day you know it is rep.. thats why im saying better buy gen and you have watch for whole life,you can always sell it fast... as i said 7-8 k for this watch is best for the price... my friend have wimbledon rhodium dial with jubilee,payed 9 k fresh new and no waiting list... amazing watch,beautiful

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Isnt 3000 little too much for rep? At the end of the day you know it is rep.. thats why im saying better buy gen and you have watch for whole life,you can always sell it fast... as i said 7-8 k for this watch is best for the price... my friend have wimbledon rhodium dial with jubilee,payed 9 k fresh new and no waiting list... amazing watch,beautiful

Well I think 2500 is probably more realistic. Either way, I think it definitely depends. 7-8k might be rather outside of someone's budget.

One thing though is that this isnt a sports model. So unlike other frankens where the gen parts will still continue to go up in value (assuming you bought them right, i.e. patient and got a good deal), I doubt this one would. If the dial were more in line with other dial prices, I'd say it's a good investment if you really love it but simply don't want to spend full gen money. You can likely sell it on RWI for close to what you paid.

That's how I view it... gen you likely break even or make money. With a franken, you get an even closer to gen experience (than regular rep) and you love it the way it is and keep it for many years, or you sell it here for close to what you paid and go gen (or another route completely), and you basically paid a rental fee to "try before you buy."

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
Bad lighting but still stunning
7b3a1a0490b9d7c4ec2f70be2446b092.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is my top candidate for a Blue dial watch =) It's simply stunning

Reactions: SKnight and Grillo

srhoque

28/11/18

There is a gen Wimbledon dial listed in Ebay for $1000, take it before it is gone :)