• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob 116515 RG Daytona - Any Owners?

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
I’d also say if you do pick one up order an ARF strap for it, Noob is good because it gives you a spare XS strap, but doesn’t have the metal blade going through the rubber like ARF does

Reactions: d3xophen

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
Stopped by AD yesterday bc they had a gen 116515 in the case...

For those asking about the RG color - the gen is less saturated/lighter in color than the rep RG, I guess similar to the gold plated watches as well. Not far off, but after wearing the rep for a while, I could instantly tell there was a difference in color. The dial and bezel are remarkably good tho, and there’s negligible weight difference on the hand due to the oysterflex.

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
0791afc1f3a1f889f804104d282811b0.jpg
b4bf910f8c5c06b64d2dc64d3a835fd6.jpg

And a couple more from this morning

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
What's the general opinion on the RG plating and does it wear off easily? As I have the GMT root beer ichrs (non plates) and so far it's keeping well.

Rolly123

17/11/18
What's the general opinion on the RG plating and does it wear off easily? As I have the GMT root beer ichrs (non plates) and so far it's keeping well.

I had the ARF and it looked more copper colour than gen. I had mine rose gold plated by flying-tommy. I've worn it maybe 10 times in the 4 months or so since and starting to see some slight patches of discolouring but nothing major.

Such a shame, but I love mine anyway.

Silverg

I'm Pretty Popular
8/11/08
Us
I had the ARF and it looked more copper colour than gen. I had mine rose gold plated by flying-tommy. I've worn it maybe 10 times in the 4 months or so since and starting to see some slight patches of discolouring but nothing major.

flying-tommy
You saw light patches of discoloring even having it replated by flying tommy?

Last edited:

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16

Thanks for your input! Guess I am going to go try the Noob RG and see how it weathers. Wonder how Rolex plates them so that they can claim their Everrose will never fade? Is it the thickness?
​​​​​

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Thanks for your input! Guess I am going to go try the Noob RG and see how it weathers. Wonder how Rolex plates them so that they can claim their Everrose will never fade? Is it the thickness?
​​​​​

Rolex watches are solid gold, not plated

Rolly123

17/11/18
flying-tommy
You saw light patches of discoloring even having it replated by flying tommy?

Haven't had it replated yet, will likely send to Tommy to touch up - he is a gent. I mean guys this is seriously quite small stuff on the buckle - much better than it would have aged without the plating.

I would still thoroughly recommend flying-tommy and his work.

​​​​​​​

Silverg

I'm Pretty Popular
8/11/08
Us
Haven't had it replated yet, will likely send to Tommy to touch up - he is a gent. I mean guys this is seriously quite small stuff on the buckle - much better than it would have aged without the plating.

I would still thoroughly recommend flying-tommy and his work.

Right, but these wear marks happened after Tommy plated it once for you? Or is this the result from the original plating from the factory?

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Hi guys, if you are looking for a gen dial i have posted this in the m2m sale tread. It’s a fantastic upgrade for your noob!
66b2f29c205dfccbb8d5e46cf25cb1c2.jpg

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
​​​​​

Yeah Rolex do a pretty thick plating :)

Silverg

I'm Pretty Popular
8/11/08
Us
Anyone know where I can source a ceramic rose gold bezel for a 116515? The ones on eBay are pretty bad and the indices are more orange/peach colored in person. Haven't found a good one yet. Help me out!!

Rolly123

17/11/18
Anyone know where I can source a ceramic rose gold bezel for a 116515? The ones on eBay are pretty bad and the indices are more orange/peach colored in person. Haven't found a good one yet. Help me out!!

If you find out I'd love to know. The paint on my bezel has now started coming off to reveal white lettering underneath. See the 120-140 in the image. Otherwise anyone know which paint colour / type I can use and how to fix it?

Damn I love this watch but it's been such a massive headache given the fading of the plating.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
If you find out I'd love to know. The paint on my bezel has now started coming off to reveal white lettering underneath. See the 120-140 in the image. Otherwise anyone know which paint colour / type I can use and how to fix it?

Damn I love this watch but it's been such a massive headache given the fading of the plating.

Metallic gold sharpie is pretty close mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk