• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Daytona 6263 - Wich to get?

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Hi guys... While deciding to wait for a new batch of Noob Daytona with 4130, I always fell looking at 6263... and I really love it.
For me, the best one, is the first without DAYTONA text... but there is a rep of this model?

I coudl take one with DAYTONA on the dial with no problem, but wich one? I saw more than one, prices are fair and don't know much about problems on the movements installed. I read Venus 75... what is it? Chrono will work?

This is a gen for reference... and is simply GORGEOUS:

Rolex-6263-Daytona-e1453218789974.jpg

Any info will be appreciated, thanks! :)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Venus 75 is a manual wind movement, and yes the chronos all work on it. It is a well regarded movement without negative issues.

RepPossessed sells a few of these, look here under Vintage Rolexes if interested. I was thinking about one myself. He has some other Vintage models as well, The black gen he shows has 'Daytona' on it, the silver white dial one does not.

https://repsource.smugmug.com/Rolex-

Reactions: vcappp

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
Venus 75 is a manual wind movement, and yes the chronos all work on it. It is a well regarded movement without negative issues.

RepPossessed sells a few of these, look here under Vintage Rolexes if interested. I was thinking about one myself. He has some other Vintage models as well, The black gen he shows has 'Daytona' on it, the silver white dial one does not.

https://repsource.smugmug.com/Rolex-

no the subdial at 6pm is frozen .. ie, not functional

but thanks for the tag

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
Hi guys... While deciding to wait for a new batch of Noob Daytona with 4130, I always fell looking at 6263... and I really love it.
For me, the best one, is the first without DAYTONA text... but there is a rep of this model?

I coudl take one with DAYTONA on the dial with no problem, but wich one? I saw more than one, prices are fair and don't know much about problems on the movements installed. I read Venus 75... what is it? Chrono will work?

This is a gen for reference... and is simply GORGEOUS:

Rolex-6263-Daytona-e1453218789974.jpg

Any info will be appreciated, thanks! :)

with the venus movement the second and minutes dials work, the hours do not. This is the best vintage daytona available off the shelf

other option is from another maker with a 7750 movement with full chrono functions, but the watch is seriously flawed anyway.

Reactions: vcappp and KJ2020

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Thanks guys!RepPossessed

what do you think about dimensions and other things? It will be obviously a fake on my wrist due to value of the watch, but is for me, for when I look at it.
How good is it? Case is ticker than gen? Strange shape? Crappy dial or onsert/bezel?

Last edited:

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
Thanks guys!RepPossessed

what do you think about dimensions and other things? It will be obviously a fake on my wrist due to value of the watch, but is for me, for when I look at it.
How good is it? Case is ticker than gen? Strange shape? Crappy dial or onsert/bezel?

It would shock you how many people have no idea what a real vintage Rolex would cost. A few friends have asked about mine to which I tell them it's fake and the genuine article would be worth more than my house. Much to their surprise lol I asked a couple of guys to guess and both guesses were £1500 and £2000

Just buy it a joy it for what it is, if you worry about people thinking its fake they are usually the people who may wonder if its fake even if it were genuine.
​​

Reactions: KJ2020

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
I think at the same way... I was asking for my interest, to understand how the gen is different in the shape of the case :)

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
10/3/18
London
I think at the same way... I was asking for my interest, to understand how the gen is different in the shape of the case :)

The rep case is pretty accurate it’s 37mm like the gen but it’s too thick especially on the left side of the case however imo it’s not a big deal on the wrist, it has worse problems (like the dial)

Last edited:

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Oh God... thanks for the hint! The 6263 in the thread is gorgeous!

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Midcase is too thick, bezel is too thick, bezel numbers and letters have wrong font, chrono pushers have wrong shape, crown has wrong shape, crystal is too tall, dial has wrong subdials spacing and not so great print quality + wrong font in inscriptions... BUT it's a nice rep OOB which gets with a few mods ;)

DSC074514cd1eb167935cc46.jpg

DSC074317a1f9c69807f9cf6.jpg

Reactions: stufuse

Jeangrim

Horology Curious
24/5/15
Los Angeles
So all posts lead to DW - Phong - Yuki, I haven’t taken the advice as I was unable to find an albino dial anywhere... So I purchased this:

https://www.ts-stations.cn/mobile/goods.
php?ProId=25939

no asymmetrical pushers, so purchased this:

http://replicawatchespro.co/item.php?item_id=3764&page=g&category_id=635

so I’ll swap the dial and hands, PRESTO! but, wait a minute, Asian 7750’s are notoriously unreliable, now I’m thinking about a movement swap:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143557244947

all the subdial functions seem correct, but I’m hesitant as I don’t know if the subdial spacing is the same, will it or will it not fit my dial?

Perplexing.