• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona vs ARF Daytona

grandphuba

8/4/18
Precisely, so when I first received the dial I was very surprise by the similarities with the NOOB's dial only to realize that they are indeed the same

That sucks man. Hopefully you didn't pay much from it but I can see how they obliged to sell you an extra dial from Noob since you were getting a watch from the same factory anyway.

Since you have the dial out anyway, would you mind sharing pics of the back of the dial? Would like to compare it to the gen dials.

Rathfus

Horology Curious
18/1/19
I think I know the answer to this but wanted to check... From my understanding, if you purchase the new noob v2 116519 you can't put a noob SS bracelet on it (even though apparently the end link is removable unlike gen) even if it was sourced from say a 116500 noob v2 donor.

Similarly it doesn't work the other way round using a noob 116500 as the base with the 116519's end links and oysterflex?

As an extension to this question, are there any oysterflex replica straps that will fit on the Noob 116500?
Does anyone know if smarty end links will fit on the Noob 116500? (http://www.smartyendlinks.com)

grandphuba

8/4/18
As an extension to this question, are there any oysterflex replica straps that will fit on the Noob 116500?
Does anyone know if smarty end links will fit on the Noob 116500? (http://www.smartyendlinks.com)

If it fits the gen, it will fit the Noob, or at least that's what I was told when I asked. I have an everest band incoming in the next few days. I'll let you know how it goes

Mr.Marbella

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/16
EU
A lot of new information after a 1 year + break from Reps/Forum...
904 steel, cloned Daytona movement :crazy:
Will have to catch up during the weekend !

JohnnySack

Horology Curious
25/1/19
Am I right informed that the ARF has frozen Subdials on 3 and 9 o clock? That would make it clear for me, if I wod buy a Daytona. Or is this on the noob the same?

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Rathfus

Horology Curious
18/1/19
Yes, smarty endlinks fit perfectly.

Those look great.
Did you order the smartyendlinks for the 116520?
Any trouble putting them on?

I have read that with the gen 116520 you actually have to remove the bezel in order to change the end links.

grandphuba

8/4/18
Am I right informed that the ARF has frozen Subdials on 3 and 9 o clock? That would make it clear for me, if I wod buy a Daytona. Or is this on the noob the same?

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

Come on man, that question has been answered hundreds of times. Just search "ARF vs Noob Daytona" and you'll get the answer in the first minute

gb7007

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
5/12/16
Austria
Those look great.
Did you order the smartyendlinks for the 116520?
Any trouble putting them on?

I have read that with the gen 116520 you actually have to remove the bezel in order to change the end links.

Yes, I ordered the smartyendlinks for the 116520. Just remove the bracelet, slide the endlinks into position and install the strap, quite easy and no need to remove the bezel.

Reactions: Rathfus

Akuwes710

27/9/15
Can 116520 noob take ARF 116500 ceramic bezel and dial?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Dantona1984

6/2/17
England
Surely the answer to the Noob vs ARF debate is to just create a hybrid ????. I just hope the v2 ARF 116500 dial and bezel fit my noob 116520.

Bemma19

Horology Curious
3/1/19
Anyone running into an issue with the screw down pushers for the chrono function on the noob coming unscrewed/loose without realizing it? Just makes me a little nervous that I’ll wash my hands and not realize that’s it’s unscrewed and get water in. Any thoughts on how to correct this? I thought about the purple (lowest strength) loctite

DJ Woody

Known Member
5/8/18
London
Anyone running into an issue with the screw down pushers for the chrono function on the noob coming unscrewed/loose without realizing it? Just makes me a little nervous that I’ll wash my hands and not realize that’s it’s unscrewed and get water in. Any thoughts on how to correct this? I thought about the purple (lowest strength) loctite

I had this happen once and once only. I don’t really use the stop watch function now in fear of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

markfisher

25/9/18
Italy
Sorry for this question but I have received an "ARF" 116500 white dial but the sub-dials still look rather thick. Could someone confirm that it is indeed an ARF dial?
Thanks !
tG8Jg.jpg

This is an ARF dial