• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona 4130 arrived

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
The bezel insert compared to the ARF is crap frankly, and sadly the dial isn't much better, although the ARF dial isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination.

The movement is a piece of rep history in the making though and it's a great base for a franken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all due respect to the Mr Crème de la Crème the main idea behind the release was intentional to allow the circle of enthusiasts to have opportunity to go whole nine yards to get the watch "frankened". The only three "hiccups" that I've experienced are the balance wheel, chrono cannon pinions and gen crown that are not straightforward replaceable with genuine. Otherwise you can drop crystal, gasket, bezel, dial, minute/hour hands and 98% of the movement with GEN parts with no modifications.
Let me emphasize the most important difference between Noob 4130 and ARF with "best looking 4130 clone at the moment" - Noob is 80% GEN like, ARF looks close to gen on the outside but that's all there is. I'm not advocating for the Noob factory, I'm just stating the fact that their pursuit of perfection is not measured (IMHO) in "how the watch looks on the outside" but how it performs VS the genuine. In the Daytona case ARF looses to Noob and it is a fact. You can love your ARF all you want but at the end of the day the chrono function doesn't perform as intended. In the game "which Daytona is the most FAKE" ARF is it, end of story.

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
How does the Bezel on this compare to the ARF? Specifically the depth and paint in the numbers and letters on the bezel.

Noob

42822984564_cdd14be73d_b.jpg

Gen

42822988304_06861b9537_b.jpg

ARF

29668876998_9db88d411b.jpg

And you would need a loupe to see it this close on the wrist.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020 and NewbyUK

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
Incidentaly regarding the above My photo of the Noob is condiderably higher definition and less forgiving than the other two

Hakai

11/6/18
Difference in lightning in the three pictures between noob and gen, arf just tremendous. Not a good comparison

Reactions: lassetff

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
ARF fans are like remainers in the UK.

You can always tell an ARF fan, but you can't tell him much ! :D

I am also an ARF fan . Their SD43 is one of the best reps on the planet. But IMHO their Daytona is a turd compared to the Noob and you can't polish a turd.

Last edited:

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
ARF

42823909104_a7b94a7bf5_o.jpg

Noob

43542214141_a146130f4f_c.jpg

Can someone seriously and objectively explain to me in what way the ARF is better. It looks like POS by comparison to the Noob, from where I am looking.

Not to mention the SEL, dont want to rub it in !

Last edited:

ssouthall6

10/10/13
With all due respect to the Mr Crème de la Crème the main idea behind the release was intentional to allow the circle of enthusiasts to have opportunity to go whole nine yards to get the watch "frankened". The only three "hiccups" that I've experienced are the balance wheel, chrono cannon pinions and gen crown that are not straightforward replaceable with genuine. Otherwise you can drop crystal, gasket, bezel, dial, minute/hour hands and 98% of the movement with GEN parts with no modifications.
Let me emphasize the most important difference between Noob 4130 and ARF with "best looking 4130 clone at the moment" - Noob is 80% GEN like, ARF looks close to gen on the outside but that's all there is. I'm not advocating for the Noob factory, I'm just stating the fact that their pursuit of perfection is not measured (IMHO) in "how the watch looks on the outside" but how it performs VS the genuine. In the Daytona case ARF looses to Noob and it is a fact. You can love your ARF all you want but at the end of the day the chrono function doesn't perform as intended. In the game "which Daytona is the most FAKE" ARF is it, end of story.

Completely agree with you!

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
ARF

42823909104_a7b94a7bf5_o.jpg

Noob

43542214141_a146130f4f_c.jpg

Can someone seriously and objectively explain to me in what way the ARF is better. It looks like POS by comparison to the Noob, from where I am looking.

Not to mention the SEL, dont want to rub it in !

You guys, and especially you timnic54 , will lead me to bankruptcy. If it wasn't because I'm going on holidays soon and I don't trust any TD to deliver this in time I would have ordered one right now. Although for some reason I like the stainless steel bezel and white dial more, though. Not sure if it's correct or not, though, as I can't find any steel bezel at the official Rolex page (only precious metals).

Reactions: elar and timnic54

timnic54

16/2/16
Thailand
You guys, and especially you timnic54 , will lead me to bankruptcy. If it wasn't because I'm going on holidays soon and I don't trust any TD to deliver this in time I would have ordered one right now. Although for some reason I like the stainless steel bezel and white dial more, though. Not sure if it's correct or not, though, as I can't find any steel bezel at the official Rolex page (only precious metals).

Sorry :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Hinclimincli

Hakai

11/6/18
Yes, im always surprised how much you get for that money, compared to the regular brands. You don't get a watch with that finish design etc..at 600$ and the movement at your mall jewelery.

If you take care of it, regulation oiling and service well you got a lot of watch on your wrist, which doesn't only feel but look like a million bucks as well.

​​​​​​This will be the next purchase. Even tho I like the rubber version a bit more, the black rubber gives it a stronger contrast.

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
Could you tell me which camera this is ?:D

looks good!!

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
A good camera will not make a watch look better it will expose faults and descrepancy more ????

It's pointless to keep pointing out the obvious. Every time someone will crawl out of the woodwork saying that ARF is still better looking. Let them have it, they won't be touching those chrono pushers anyways... :rollingonthefloor:

Reactions: timnic54

The Alchemy Index

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/6/15
There are positive and negative to both. The noob movement seems to be a revelation and gives a base for a true Franken Daytona, which hasn’t been around before especially for a $600 base!

However cosmetically speaking, the ARF is better as of now IMO. Sure neither one will probably get called out, but I think someone would notice a dial/bezel before noticing a chrono doesn’t work.

Both watches are great for different reasons and honestly you could own both at the same time. It’s a great time in the rep world

And the ARF insert is pretty good ;)

1382f8a6fe04e4a25d37c80adbc9620c.jpg

98604c63d3a939665d0dd8c964584c21.jpg

9afbdbc53f0fc412dc4cf74ea97b4330.jpg

NewbyUK

16/3/17
Both look good. I had one of the first JF versions to be released (same thickness as gen but non working chronos) and the non working chronos never bothered me but the bezel was poor. Especially the “UNITS PER HOUR” it bugged me everytime I looked at the watch.