• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

domiffm

buffalo is sick
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
7-ABCCF41-2069-4204-805-D-0-A636-C6509-E5.jpg

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I premise friends that I have been reading for 2 weeks all possible discussions about daytonas. I have read your reviews and much more. I have a gen daytona in my safe, however, I would like to have one to wear everyday, so I ask to date what is the best version that can be purchased?

I have already contacted Puretime dealers and they told me for orders to place them after Chinese New Year, so I have time.

I would be undecided between the panda BTF or Clean, what do you guys say? Are there any versions of Daytona other than panda that are better? I exclude gold and platinum for obvious credibility reasons.

Thank you very much
If you have to ask this question, then the truth is that either BTF or Clean will be fine for you.

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
Currently CF V3 116500 in either white or black are the ones to buy. But that may change tomorrow if BTF or NOOB or whoever improve on it. It's a constant game of leap frog.

mmax

Known Member
Certified
16/7/22
Germany
I premise friends that I have been reading for 2 weeks all possible discussions about daytonas. I have read your reviews and much more. I have a gen daytona in my safe, however, I would like to have one to wear everyday, so I ask to date what is the best version that can be purchased?

I have already contacted Puretime dealers and they told me for orders to place them after Chinese New Year, so I have time.

I would be undecided between the panda BTF or Clean, what do you guys say? Are there any versions of Daytona other than panda that are better? I exclude gold and platinum for obvious credibility reasons.

Thank you very much
You could include Noob in your decision (I'm sure you've seen the discussion). There are no others in this quality range at the moment, in my opinion. Or you can wait if you are not satisfied with the status quo, as new versions will appear all the time. But the dilemma will not go away. Fortunately, I prefer the steel bezel version, which limits the options for me. And I'm not that patient :)

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
Can anyone compare the bracelet of a GEN Daytona with an ARF? I have an ARF and have red that it's a close to gen bracelet but It feels kind of flimsy... Looking at pictures it looks almost the same but there's something in the feel of it that doesn'ti
Can anyone compare the bracelet of a GEN Daytona with an ARF? I have an ARF and have red that it's a close to gen bracelet but It feels kind of flimsy... Looking at pictures it looks almost the same but there's something in the feel of it that doesn't seem right.

I gave mine a baby oil bath it feels much better. My bracelet felt flimsy and cheap until i done this. It feels solid and moves better, no creaking or cheap feel anymore

PTwatchLover

Certified
29/8/22
Portugal
I gave mine a baby oil bath it feels much better. My bracelet felt flimsy and cheap until i done this. It feels solid and moves better, no creaking or cheap feel anymore
Thanks! How did you do it? You just dripped baby oil on it? How did you cleaned the grease afterwards?

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Currently CF V3 116500 in either white or black are the ones to buy. But that may change tomorrow if BTF or NOOB or whoever improve on it. It's a constant game of leap frog.
I have to say that BTF ootb feels so much nicer than any CF, wish their dials were much better tho

Reactions: mmaggi and Tobel

alemi86

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
10/1/23
italy
given the upcoming Chinese New Year I promised myself I would wait 1 more month, but your photos confuse me....I would buy them all, they are a sight to behold.
@Hasselbaink what daytona is yours? I've always liked this model, beautiful as hell.

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
Thanks! How did you do it? You just dripped baby oil on it? How did you cleaned the grease afterwards?
Put it in a small dish/bowl and filled it up enough to cover the bracelet. Moved the bracelet about so the oil gets in all the gaps and left it for 10 minutes. Then afterwards washed it with washing up liquid and warm water. Perfect