• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Yachtmaster 116655 Rose Gold

Calibre16

31/1/12
just received a noob without the stones from puretime. showed up without the small piece to attach one side of the rubber strap to the clasp.

hope this one fairs better than the last, case and clasp developed plating issues.

What version/factory do you have that has the plating issues?

I have a franken JF 116655 that used to be the "best" version when it came out a while ago, which is now also having some issues with the plating starting to fade at one spot :(

I do love it though so when I saw the new 116655 versions I did think about buying one and moving my gen parts from my old JF watch to a new one... we'll see.

Reactions: Wayne01

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
it was noob. the problems occurred on areas that didn't even touch skin or get any real wear. tops of the lugs and sides of the case. clasp as well on the outside.

fingers crossed on this new one.

stoyania

15/4/16
a friend of mine wants to buy the SS version (not "gold") and NOT with a SH**** movement. What are the options for a good rep? last year's JF version only?

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
it was noob. the problems occurred on areas that didn't even touch skin or get any real wear. tops of the lugs and sides of the case. clasp as well on the outside.

fingers crossed on this new one.

This exact thing happened to mine. Bummer

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Not to bring this back to the top, but I checked with PT and there's currently no updates from ARF or scheduled updates to the bracelet and DW. I figure Ill go ahead and grab one and run the risk of bracelet being too small (my wrist is <7"). If an updated DW option comes up then I guess Ill go for that too.

Now, to figure out which is better: the SH3135 or the A2824

Wraithier

19/6/16
a friend of mine wants to buy the SS version (not "gold") and NOT with a SH**** movement. What are the options for a good rep? last year's JF version only?

I'm not sure it matters for the SS version as it's just a fantasy version that doesn't exist.

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
I am looking forward to buy this rose gold YM. Which is better ARF or noob?
Will noob color problem for long run?
Will noob or ARF make v2 in this year?

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
Last time I spoke to Angus he said they are updating the strap length at the end of the month but they have no plan yet to change the date font.

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Last time I spoke to Angus he said they are updating the strap length at the end of the month but they have no plan yet to change the date font.

Fingers crossed...Im about to pull the trigger and deal with the bloated date font.

kyle_alexander16

Horology Curious
6/8/18
I wanna pull the trigger on this watch, but am confused between these?

https://puretime.io/watch-brands/ro...eramic-bezel-on-black-rubber-strap-a2836.html << JF
https://puretime.io/watch-brands/ro...c-bezel-on-oysterflex-rubber-strap-a2824.html << ARF
https://puretime.io/watch-brands/ro...ack-rubber-strap-sa3135-free-extra-strap.html << NOOB

I've read up as much as I could about different opinions between these guys but am still having trouble deciding between the 3 versions, esp since they all have different prices. Any help here would be great!

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
I don't think the jf will still be available as it is the same factory as the AR but a much older variant and I believe all the noobs are gone as well. The choice is ARF with 2824 or SH3135, also remember the straps are still very short, ask your TD if the longer straps (normal size) are available yet as they are due out at the end of this month.

kyle_alexander16

Horology Curious
6/8/18
what about plating issues? I've heard a few things about the quality of the Noob and how one common issue is color fading, etc. But I've also heard about the date wheel font being too big for the ARF.

I think I could live with the date font being a little larger, if that means the plating will hold up over time.

rk2704

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/18
I have a 6.25" wrist and the arf 116655 RG fits my wrist just nicely. Don't think anybody with a 6.5" wrist and above can fit the ARF 116655...

Xelephant

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
27/10/18
I understand that rose gold is definitely heavier than SS. Can any experts here advise what is the weight difference between a gold plated replica versus a genuine?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I understand that rose gold is definitely heavier than SS. Can any experts here advise what is the weight difference between a gold plated replica versus a genuine?

About 45-50 grams